PDA

View Full Version : Mack has met with Steelers

BigRob
02-21-2009, 02:43 PM
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast

"Other teams that have interviewed him include the Pittsburgh Steelers, Arizona Cardinals, San Diego Chargers and Atlanta Falcons."

RuthlessBurgher
02-21-2009, 03:02 PM
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast

"Other teams that have interviewed him include the Pittsburgh Steelers, Arizona Cardinals, San Diego Chargers and Atlanta Falcons."

San Diego has the 16th pick, Atlanta the 24th, and Arizona the 31st. I think Mack could go anywhere from 22-32 in the first round. The 16th overall pick is too early, I would think, but perhaps the Chargers are pondering a tradedown to get back a 2nd round pick (they already traded their 2nd rounder to New England).

steelsun7
02-21-2009, 03:22 PM
if the cards don't take a RB I think he goes there

Steel Life
02-21-2009, 03:51 PM
Watch out for Miami at 25... :x

RuthlessBurgher
02-21-2009, 03:56 PM

I was actually looking at Miami as a possible trade-up partner if we wanted Mack and didn't want Baltimore to have a shot at him (if they are not able to re-sign Jason Brown). Didn't Miami draft Samson Satele a couple of years ago to be their center of the future? I thought he was supposed to be pretty decent. Maybe opinions differ now that Parcells in the guy in charge of personnel (I think Satele was drafted before Tuna got there).

Steel Life
02-21-2009, 03:59 PM

I was actually looking at Miami as a possible trade-up partner if we wanted Mack and didn't want Baltimore to have a shot at him (if they are not able to re-sign Jason Brown). Didn't Miami draft Samson Satele a couple of years ago to be their center of the future? I thought he was supposed to be pretty decent. Maybe opinions differ now that Parcells in the guy in charge of personnel (I think Satele was drafted before Tuna got there).
I live in South Florida & hear all the talk concerning the Dolphins. Samson is going to be moved to guard after regressing at center this past year. The surprise among most is that the Fins threw so much money at Carey, considering that he was considered just average despite his first-round pedigree.

Consider the Falcons instead...or hope for the best.

SidSmythe
02-21-2009, 04:14 PM
Why would Miami want him when they have Samson Sateel???

Chavezz
02-21-2009, 06:03 PM
Why would Miami want him when they have Samson Sateel???

Fins fans say that Tuna wants a bigger C. Satele is too much finess for his liking.