PDA

View Full Version : How far will Crabtree fall?

stlrz d
02-21-2009, 12:55 PM
It was just reported he had surgery on a stress fracture in his foot. Pin inserted. 10 weeks to recover.

mshifko
02-21-2009, 01:02 PM
he'll be pretty much fully healed by training camp IMO, so not too far...his run after the catch ability is pretty special

Mister Pittsburgh
02-21-2009, 01:11 PM
If he fell to the mid 20's would anyone be tempted to trade a pick to move up and grab him? Hines isn't getting any younger and that kid is very special. Couldn't imagine him and Holmes out there running around. If Sweed could live up to his potential plus Heaths abilities as a receiver, we would be stacked on offense.

stlrz d
02-21-2009, 01:11 PM
he'll be pretty much fully healed by training camp IMO, so not too far...his run after the catch ability is pretty special

Well not that he'll fall like Heath did to us, but I bet he ends up falling out of the top 10 now since he won't even be recovered from his injury until the draft. He can't work out for any teams now.

Plus, as someone who has personal experience with this (two stress fractures in each foot), these things are with you for life and can be a problem for many, many years. Stress fractures kept me out of the service. All four branches told me to take a hike...just not with them. :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
02-21-2009, 01:16 PM
They were already comparing it to Heath's plummet when he couldn't work out because of his sports hernia. He won't fall that far, though, since I think he was a top 5 guy before this. He is one of the few skill players that I would be happy to take over a big ugly in the first. Won't happen, though.

WoodleyofTroy
02-21-2009, 01:37 PM
He was ranked anywhere between #2 and #7 to the Raiders. If anything he'll just go at the back end of those rankings instead of the top. I don't think he falls due to this. This won't be held against him like it will for Andre Smith.

TallyStiller
02-21-2009, 01:51 PM
Oakland takes him if he falls that far. End of story.

AkronSteel
02-21-2009, 03:19 PM
I know its not the same sport but these are the injuries that kept Zydrunas Ilgauskas out for the Cleveland Cavaliers for 3 1/2 years! He had to have plates inserted into his feet to be able to continue his career. This could be a big issue for Crabtree moving forward with the planting and cutting that WR's have to do! I think this could definitely effect his draft status and positioning. I could see him falling out of the top 15.

:2c

steelsun7
02-21-2009, 03:21 PM
if seattle passes on him they are stupid (#4)

Steel Life
02-21-2009, 03:56 PM
Forget Crabtree...the guy who's going to free-fall now is going to be Andre Smith - one of the top OT prospects in the draft. He only has himself to blame with his stunning admission yesterday that he wouldn't be participating because he hasn't been working out. Couple with some other strange comments & you might see this kid drop into the 20's & cause a trickle down effect.

flippy
02-21-2009, 08:07 PM
If he fell into the mid 20s, I'd be tempted to trade up for him.

RuthlessBurgher
02-21-2009, 11:24 PM

Yeah, I would too. I think several players don't work out because they feel that they are not fully prepared yet and will be better conditioned if they waited for their Pro Days. In these cases, agents advise them to blame it on a hamstring tweak or ankle sprain or something like that. This kid gave an honest answer because he was naive. He was in Indy for the interviews and weigh-ins, but left early to work out with his trainer in Atlanta. He should have told people he was leaving...it was a breakdown in communication more than anything.

steelsun7
02-22-2009, 12:50 AM

he wont

stlrz d
02-22-2009, 12:54 AM
Now he says he will delay the surgery so he can run a 40.

RuthlessBurgher
02-22-2009, 08:13 PM
One other thing about Crabtree is that he was talked about being a tall WR at 6'3" or more. That would be in the mold of guys like Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, and Calvin Johnson. At the combine, though, even though he did not work out, he measured in at a hair over 6'1". Not to say he can't be an awfully good WR in this league a couple of inches shorter than initially thought (he's now more in the range of guys like Roddy White, Reggie Wayne, and Anquan Boldin, height-wise), but I think a change like that is noteworthy.

feltdizz
02-23-2009, 12:09 PM
Forget Crabtree...the guy who's going to free-fall now is going to be Andre Smith - one of the top OT prospects in the draft. He only has himself to blame with his stunning admission yesterday that he wouldn't be participating because he hasn't been working out. Couple with some other strange comments & you might see this kid drop into the 20's & cause a trickle down effect.

Crabtree will not fall that far.. if at all.

That Smith guy? Was he the suspended OT from Alabama? Dude must have taken an advance from an agent.... cause he has been very undisciplined. Like he already signed his contract. He may lose millions.. but I doubt it.