PDA

View Full Version : Big Keeper.

Lonbull
02-20-2009, 05:11 PM
I wish there would be a way (and maybe someday someone will create such a thing) to have a fantasy football league such as this where you start out putting a team together via FA and the draft and actually have that team scored in the fall against others that are doing the same.

Anyone know of such a thing?

Of course you'd have to figure out how you'll score a game with a full team of 22 starters plus ST.

If anyone knows of a site like this I would be interested as well.

I've actually sketched out a scoring system for something like this - however at the very least (with my idea) every team would have 40 players (because you'd have to have back-ups).

PFelix73 - to address your question specifically, I think the only way this would be satisfactory is if people were willing to "stick" with their team for a very long time. And that's just one of the problems when considering developing a "league". It would basically have to be a Mega-Keeper League.

Another issue is with all of the work involved I can't imagine you wouldn't have to charge for this kind of league - and a lot of FF players are used to playing for free.

Finally I imagine the market for this kind of Fantasy play is a small niche'. It seems like there's a relatively small group of people who enjoy the real nuts and bolts of Football, enough to evaluate Guards, Tackles, DT's....etc and also enjoy Fantasy Football. Seems most fans are either one or the other.

The NFL is also making a concerted effort to limit the use of "their" stats. Although so far they've been unsuccessful.

I guess I just wanted to tell you that I had this same thought a year ago, and wondered if you could score all of the players - and I think you can - currently I'm trying to find out how much money and time it would take to make something like this run.

L.B.

ghettoscott
02-20-2009, 06:29 PM
Lonbull!!! whats up man, havent seen you on the board before. I missed all your recipe's this year.

.....glad you are here man. :Beer

Lonbull
02-20-2009, 06:48 PM
Lonbull!!! whats up man, havent seen you on the board before. I missed all your recipe's this year.

I haven't been here long, but I'm pretty sure this is going to be home - it's good to see good people here.

In regards to the Recipes, I think we can make that a Planet Steelers staple - however last season the recipes were bringing horrible luck to players I dedicated them too. I was pretty sure that threads terrible mojo is what brought down the Trib :shock:

L.B.

AngryAsian
02-21-2009, 03:52 AM

I haven't been here long, but I'm pretty sure this is going to be home - it's good to see good people here.

In regards to the Recipes, I think we can make that a Planet Steelers staple - however last season the recipes were bringing horrible luck to players I dedicated them too. I was pretty sure that threads terrible mojo is what brought down the Trib :shock:

L.B.

Highly doubtful... I think the Trib created its own bad mojo and that's what lead to its decline and inevitable demise. As for the LB Recipe threads.... I can't wait until this next season to tryout them out at home. Like I said before, your shrimp scampi was/is still a house favorite w/ the in-laws. Thanks again, LB.

BIG FAN
02-21-2009, 06:35 AM

Glad to find out where the dancin' Kitty is.
Still the best AV OR SIG i'VE EVER SEEN.
Makes me laugh everytime I see that damn cat.

RuthlessBurgher
02-21-2009, 11:02 AM

Well, ghettoscott and his dancing cat weren't missing...it was Lonbull and his recipes that were missing. But, now they are both here, and if you like those cats so much, here are a few of them jamming to some of their favorite tunes:

[youtube:30ixzzy4]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Igdok4r4RLQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Igdok4r4RLQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:30ixzzy4]

ghettoscott
02-21-2009, 10:46 PM

:Beer

Lonbull
02-24-2009, 01:04 PM
Just wanted to give this one more bump to see if anyone has heard of a fantasy game similiar to what PFelix was talking about......Bueller?

L.B.