PDA

View Full Version : This is why the Lions suck.

Iron Shiek
02-20-2009, 10:30 AM
Steve Mariucci, whom I find to be a pretty knowledgable coach, went down a couple notches in my book. He is on NFL Radio being interviewed by Peter King and Bob Papa and Randy Cross about the Combine and some of his experiences. Mariucci talked about the interviews being the best part to find out about guys. He said Pacman was actually a very engaging guy and although he had already been in trouble he came away from the interview wanting to pick him. And he spoke of how football smart Clarett was when asked to draw up some protections and what not.

But then, King asked him if anyone ever fooled him (then mentioning Mike Williams). Well Mariucci stated how they worked him out alot the year he came out of college (his sophomore year) but then the courts ruled he and Clarett had to sit out that year and wait til their 3rd year removed from entering college to be able to play in the NFL. So in that entire year, the Lions never brought him in for another workout. I repeat, the Lions spent a top 10 or top 5 pick or whatever it was on a guy that they worked out a year before picking him and never worked him out again. How stupid can a team be.

RuthlessBurgher
02-20-2009, 10:46 AM
C'mon...what can happen in a year? :lol: