PDA

View Full Version : Hmm....just wondering...

Chadman
02-20-2009, 09:54 AM
With Max now pencilled in at LT, and with Alex Mack going to be a hot item on Draft Day, what do you think the possibility of a Draft Day trade with the Panthers would be- #32 for Julius Peppers?

RuthlessBurgher
02-20-2009, 09:56 AM
With Max now pencilled in at LT, and with Alex Mack going to be a hot item on Draft Day, what do you think the possibility of a Draft Day trade with the Panthers would be- #32 for Julius Peppers?

Wha??? Peppers fancies himself as a 3-4 OLB for some reason. Last I checked, we had Harrison and Woodley there.

Acero
02-20-2009, 10:04 AM
Not only that, the Panthers will be expecting quite a bit in a trade, maybe two first round picks. I say no thanks, we don't need OLB's at this point, except for developmental ones.

stlrz d
02-20-2009, 11:02 AM
No. Hope that helps.

flippy
02-20-2009, 11:06 AM
I'd give up this years #1 for Peppers if he wasn't so pricey. Can't afford to pay him $16M+ per season.

pfelix73
02-20-2009, 11:08 AM
No thanks.

stlrz d
02-20-2009, 11:16 AM
I'd give up this years #1 for Peppers if he wasn't so pricey. Can't afford to pay him $16M+ per season.

So he can stand on the sideline watching Woodley and Harrison?

Djfan
02-20-2009, 11:24 AM

Why? Has Duce Staley given up on a return?

Discipline of Steel
02-20-2009, 11:40 AM
Not only that, the Panthers will be expecting quite a bit in a trade, maybe two first round picks. I say no thanks, we don't need OLB's at this point, except for developmental ones.

I dont think we even need developmental ones at this point with Bruce Davis and Arnold Harrison...Donovan Woods...and Oh Yeah, Timmons can fill the slot if need be. Im predicting Foote will be on our roster next year, although switching places with Timmons on the depth chart. Dont we have other areas of greater need where we can devote our resources?

BIG FAN
02-20-2009, 01:00 PM
Even without the franchise tag I dont think we would have gone for him or like others have stated need him all that much.

flippy
02-20-2009, 01:12 PM

Lebeau would find a spot for him.

RuthlessBurgher
02-20-2009, 01:13 PM

He does not have the body to be a 3-4 d-lineman, and this team already has the best LB corps in the league. Pipe dream. F'gedda'bout'it

stlrz d
02-20-2009, 01:32 PM

He does not have the body to be a 3-4 d-lineman, and this team already has the best LB corps in the league. Pipe dream. F'gedda'bout'it

Correct. He's too small to play DE and too big to play OLB...plus there's that whole "Harrison & Woodley" thing.

He just wouldn't be a good fit here, imo.

Even if he did come here he'd be expected to put on weight and play DE. He doesn't want that...he wants the glory of being a 3-4 stand up pass rusher. He mentioned Dallas specifically as a team he wants to play for. I think he fancies he'll be like Demarcus Ware. I don't see it happening. He's bigger than Ware and not as fast.

flippy
02-20-2009, 01:36 PM
[quote=flippy]I'd give up this years #1 for Peppers if he wasn't so pricey. Can't afford to pay him $16M+ per season.

Correct. He's too small to play DE and too big to play OLB...plus there's that whole "Harrison & Woodley" thing.

He just wouldn't be a good fit here, imo.

Even if he did come here he'd be expected to put on weight and play DE. He doesn't want that...he wants the glory of being a 3-4 stand up pass rusher. He mentioned Dallas specifically as a team he wants to play for. I think he fancies he'll be like Demarcus Ware. I don't see it happening. He's bigger than Ware and not as fast.[/quote:17y3wt4v]

What if we went to a 2-5 only used Smitty and/or Keisel as the down linemen.

And let Peppers play the rover position we want Keisel to play?

stlrz d
02-20-2009, 01:38 PM
The Steelers use that as a situational D, not a base D.

I don't think Peppers would be happy as a PTP'er (part time player) and I don't think the money he would command would be worth it for a PTP'er.

SteelBucks
02-20-2009, 03:40 PM

Can he play Center?

Sorry......force of habit.

Iron Shiek
02-20-2009, 03:41 PM

Can he play Center?

:HeadBanger Flashes of Mahan all over again. Thanks! :(

RuthlessBurgher
02-20-2009, 03:57 PM

Can he play Center?

:HeadBanger Flashes of Mahan all over again. Thanks! :(

Except that the 6'7" 283 lb Peppers playing center would actually be able to slow down a rushing defensive tackle occassionally, unlike Mahan. :wink:

feltdizz
02-20-2009, 04:07 PM
no no no... I know it's just a thought but never think it again..

we pick up players teams have given up on in FA... not superstars who are looking for a check.