PDA

View Full Version : Heres my ideal scenario for next season

feelthesteel
02-19-2009, 07:40 PM
Us and New England in AFC Championship
4th quarter 38 seconds left Brady hit as he throws intercepted Troy again runs it back
game over 27-24

next Superbowl -against Dallas
Tony Homo sacked 8 times Steeler defense relentless
Steelers win 7th superbowl

we are team of the DECADE!!! :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

NW Steeler
02-19-2009, 08:55 PM
I'm buying what you're selling!!

:tt1 :tt2 :Beer :Cheers :tt1

plainnasty
02-19-2009, 08:56 PM
Seems unlikely that Brady would be throwing with 38 seconds left if they were winning by 4.

I'd rather we pound them 49-0.

Ozey74
02-19-2009, 09:18 PM
Steelers vs Pats as the last AFC game of the century would definitely give the winner right to "team of the decade" if they were to go on to win the SB!!

:tt2

AkronSteel
02-19-2009, 09:28 PM
Steelers vs Pats as the last AFC game of the century would definitely give the winner right to "team of the decade" if they were to go on to win the SB!!

Now that would be sweet!!! That sounds like a great scenario!!! It would be nice to stick to Marsha and the rest of those losers up there and take away there dynasty dreams!!!

Yes Sir!

Discipline of Steel
02-19-2009, 09:53 PM
We have won 2 Super Bowls since the time they have won any. Id say they are subordinate at this point.

pfelix73
02-19-2009, 10:31 PM
Yea, bring on the Patsies****.

I'll go for this scenario.

Dallas too. An old fashioned SB again. None of this Cards or Hawks.

Acero
02-19-2009, 11:18 PM

Not to burst your bubble or nothin' but the last game of the century won't happen for another 91 years. I doubt either Brady or Roethlisberger will be playing in it, much less any of us watching it. Unless they make great strides in age retardation in the 21st century...

Also, not to nitpick, but even if you meant the last game of the decade (which I'm pretty sure you did), the last day of the decade is Dec. 31, 2010 -- NOT Dec. 31, 2009. The millenium began in 2001, not 2000.

There was no "year zero"... hence, the first decade of our era were the years 1-10; the second decade were the years 11-20; etc, etc.

Now, if you REALLY want to get philosophical, we could get into the whole arbitrary Gregorian calendar thing, or even further, debate whether the dude on whose birth they based the Christian calendar even existed at all... but I get a feeling this ain't the forum for that :D :stirpot

Discipline of Steel
02-19-2009, 11:27 PM

Not to burst your bubble or nothin' but the last game of the century won't happen for another 91 years. I doubt either Brady or Roethlisberger will be playing in it, much less any of us watching it. Unless they make great strides in age retardation in the 21st century...

Also, not to nitpick, but even if you meant the last game of the decade (which I'm pretty sure you did), the last day of the decade is Dec. 31, 2010 -- NOT Dec. 31, 2009. The millenium began in 2001, not 2000.

There was no "year zero"... hence, the first decade of our era were the years 1-10; the second decade were the years 11-20; etc, etc.

Now, if you REALLY want to get philosophical, we could get into the whole arbitrary Gregorian calendar thing, or even further, debate whether the dude on whose birth they based the Christian calendar even existed at all... but I get a feeling this ain't the forum for that :D :stirpot

Thank you for straightening the decades out, that stuff can get confusing! I guess that means the last Super Bowl in this decade will be the one at the end of next season. But if you want to debate the team of the decade, you might be able to argue that the 2010 season, and associated SB (in 2011) would have to be considered? That would give us a chance to capture two more titles and turn the conversation moot.

Acero
02-20-2009, 09:45 AM

Thank you for straightening the decades out, that stuff can get confusing! I guess that means the last Super Bowl in this decade will be the one at the end of next season. But if you want to debate the team of the decade, you might be able to argue that the 2010 season, and associated SB (in 2011) would have to be considered? That would give us a chance to capture two more titles and turn the conversation moot.

Indeed... two seasons left in the decade... and if the Steelers were to win it all on both of them, no question about team of the decade, with 4 titles to New England's three asterisks. Not only that, no team has won THREE straight Super Bowls. EVER. That'd be quite a feat.

Oviedo
02-20-2009, 09:51 AM
Seems unlikely that Brady would be throwing with 38 seconds left if they were winning by 4.

I'd rather we pound them 49-0.

I agree. Pound them into submission and cap off the decade with a statement game with the rising Tomlin dynasty against the fading Belicheat dynasty.

MeetJoeGreene
02-20-2009, 09:52 AM
Those are great scenarios.

But you guys are missing one key point.

Who, exactly, "annoints" teams of decades?

That's right. Media pundits.

Which means ESPN and NFLN.

Do you honestly think they would annoint the Steelers over the Pats** regardless. Seriously.

The Pats** will be proclaimed team of the decade by Chrrissy Berman and DIick Eisen.

Get ready for it....

Acero
02-20-2009, 10:06 AM
If by the end of the decade the Steelers and Pats*** have the same number of championships each, I think a strong case could be made for the Steelers being the team of the decade.

This is where Spygate will come into play. And the asterisks.

Iron Shiek
02-20-2009, 10:37 AM
Yeah I've already heard this topic debated on various radio shows. Unfortunately I can't remember which dummies made which arguments, but I recall two schools of thought that were brought up.

One (I wanna say somewhere on ESPNradio) was that even if the Steelers won (these arguments were made prior to SBXLIII) the next two SuperBowls, the Cheaters would likely still be the "team of decade" in their mind.

But, it might've been Peter King that said if the Steelers won the next two that they are in high regards and would likely be the "team of decade" in his eyes.

So it would be a nice argument, lets just win the next one and solidify the argument team!!

RuthlessBurgher
02-20-2009, 02:28 PM
Who cares about the decade stuff. We are the team of right @#$%ing now. New England is the team of four @#$%ing years ago. Out of the last 4 Super Bowls, we won 2 out of 4 of them, while they have none in that time...their last Super Bowl followed the 2004 season, back when John Kerry was running for President, the Olympics were in Athens, and a Lord of the Rings movie won an Oscar for best picture. I am proud to say that my 4 year old daughter experienced 2 Super Bowl wins by the Steelers during her lifetime, but was not alive to witness a New England Super Bowl win.

feltdizz
02-20-2009, 04:24 PM
Dallas ain't winning a playoff game anytime soon.