PDA

View Full Version : Raiders guarantee Bmac is going elsewhere

Oviedo
02-19-2009, 04:13 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3919067

The Raiders just blew the top off the market for CB by giving Nmandi Asomugha 3 years for $45M. With Rosenhaus as his agent I expect that Bmac will be looking for $7-8M plus per year at a minimum. See ya later Bmac.

Just confirms that the crap teams are the ones that distort free agency.

grotonsteel
02-19-2009, 04:21 PM
"3 years for $45M for a corner"

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Al Davis is nuts....how the hell raiders have so much money...??? Last year also he handed some unbelievable contracts to Raiders players .

feltdizz
02-19-2009, 04:28 PM
I'm more of a Gay fan... :D

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
02-19-2009, 05:15 PM
I'll bet you that they could have tagged him each year for the next three and it would have worked out cheaper. :lol:

AkronSteel
02-19-2009, 05:17 PM
I'll bet you that they could have tagged him each year for the next three and it would have worked out cheaper. :lol:

I believe that you are correct! The Raiders blew the market up last year with the Tommie Kelly deal and Alice is trying to do the same thing! Can the NFL just kick this guy out like MLB did to Marge Schott? The guy is a nut job and has no clue anymore.

:HeadBanger

Iron Shiek
02-19-2009, 05:19 PM
Yeah...he's a great player but geez! They threw a $9 million bonus at the punter and now paying Nmadi almost a million dollars a game! Al must get monopoly money while everyone else gets real money to use. All those ridiculous contracts last year (Javon walker, Deangelo Hall (i know he's not there anymore but aren't they still getting some kind of hit for it, that LB dude that sucked and the host of other crazy deals) have my head turning.

Crazy Al's Car Lot in full effect.

Oviedo
02-19-2009, 05:20 PM

I believe that you are correct! The Raiders blew the market up last year with the Tommie Kelly deal and Alice is trying to do the same thing! Can the NFL just kick this guy out like MLB did to Marge Schott? The guy is a nut job and has no clue anymore.

:HeadBanger

Yep. The whole organization is nuts. They signed Tommie Kelly to All Pro money and the guy is between average and good. Asomugha is very good but they just signed him to Peyton Manning like money. Totally nuts.

SteelerNation1
02-19-2009, 06:17 PM
Yep,
Ive been saying it since last FA. BMac will sign a 60+ million dollar deal. See ya Bmac :(

Chadman
02-19-2009, 06:30 PM
Really though, if McFadden moves on, is that the difference between being a SB Champion team & an also-ran?

By tagging Starks, the Steelers can now grab a CB in one of the first two rounds.

Or they could just grab another 'solid' CB in FA to plug in.

SidSmythe
02-19-2009, 07:42 PM
Free Agency is delusional . . . . B-Mac might be a top CB only b/c the best CB's are under contract. IF all CBs in the NFL were free agents, B-Mac would be begging for a nickel backs pay.

AkronSteel
02-19-2009, 07:51 PM
Yep,
Ive been saying it since last FA. BMac will sign a 60+ million dollar deal. See ya Bmac :(

Gotta give it to ya SN1....you have been saying this since August and many of us on here didn't realize exactly what you were getting at! Wish you were wrong then and now but you're not! Lets just hope that we can find someone to take his spot! Most of us liked what we saw from Roy Lewis in the preseason.....any chance he steps up and delivers like alot of our other free agent rookies? Would love to see it!

Chadman
02-19-2009, 08:36 PM
Yep,

Gotta give it to ya SN1....you have been saying this since August and many of us on here didn't realize exactly what you were getting at! Wish you were wrong then and now but you're not! Lets just hope that we can find someone to take his spot! Most of us liked what we saw from Roy Lewis in the preseason.....any chance he steps up and delivers like alot of our other free agent rookies? Would love to see it!

There's always a 'chance', but really, how many UDFA's do you think the Steelers can plug in & have be effective? Surely they have used up the quota with Stapleton, Parker, Washington & Harrison being key contributors on one team!

SteelerNation1
02-19-2009, 08:48 PM
Yep,

Gotta give it to ya SN1....you have been saying this since August and many of us on here didn't realize exactly what you were getting at! Wish you were wrong then and now but you're not! Lets just hope that we can find someone to take his spot! Most of us liked what we saw from Roy Lewis in the presheason.....any chance he steps up and delivers like alot of our other free agent rookies? Would love to see it!
Unfortunately I hate being right about bad stuff. I'd love for him to stay, but you don't hire that ahole Rosenhaus because you're going to give the Steelers a hometown discount.

AkronSteel
02-19-2009, 09:27 PM
Yep,

Gotta give it to ya SN1....you have been saying this since August and many of us on here didn't realize exactly what you were getting at! Wish you were wrong then and now but you're not! Lets just hope that we can find someone to take his spot! Most of us liked what we saw from Roy Lewis in the presheason.....any chance he steps up and delivers like alot of our other free agent rookies? Would love to see it!
Unfortunately I hate being right about bad stuff. I'd love for him to stay, but you don't hire that ahole Rosenhaus because you're going to give the Steelers a hometown discount.

True that! Too bad too.....I really liked that guy, hope he goes somewhere like St. Louis or New Orleans or something so we don't have to see him too often!

pfelix73
02-19-2009, 10:32 PM
CB at #32?

mshifko
02-19-2009, 10:56 PM
bmac will probably take the money...this gives a lot of fans the hope that we will draft a CB early and i think we will do just that...

Mel Blount's G
02-20-2009, 01:28 AM
Relax everyone. It all works out in the end.

Let me paint a picture for y'all if I may. Relax now as I take you from this cyber board, outside the boundaries of space and time to illustrate an alternate, but not necessarily impossible, reality....

Imagine a team with lots of supposed talent but they just can't seem to get over the hump and make the playoffs and/or have success there. Expensive skill players have been brought in, reputable coaches and what-have-you and the salary cap appears to not even apply to this team. Imagine if you will a safety playing for this team that is considered a "character" guy who isn't flashy, yet gets the job done with a hard-nosed edge. But he is found to be expendable by this team's front office who want some type of "playmaker". Let your imagine delve even deeper now as you see this "character" safety is let go and in his place they bring in a safety of....shall we say...satisfactory talent but a fellow lacking much of any "character", leadership or even personality. Not to say he is yet another NFL player of ill-repute, but just that he, well, doesn't seem to be the sharpest knife in the drawer if you will. But our tale ends not here; our hard-done-by antagonist, the safety that was let go by the desperate franchise, is quickly and quietly signed by a highly respected and world-renowned NFL organization for a comparatively meager sum of $7 million for 4 years. His replacement, who can hardly comprehend (or even read) the figures put in front of him by his rather widely-grinning agent, receives only $3 million more than that (really, we're talking chump change here)..............in his signing bonus. Beyond this incentive, our hero also agrees to play for $30 million over 6 years, undoubtedly intricately structured beyond even his agent's mental grasp, for the benefit of this franchise and their seemingly limitless salary "cap".

I will leave the fate of these two in the hands of truth, justice and the American Way. May you take a lesson from this tale. May you learn that not all (Chris) Hope is lost when a game player's greed, and the game player's team's owner's stupidity, come together to defy logic, morality and common sense.

feltdizz
02-20-2009, 01:03 PM
maybe it's me but all I remember is BMac getting abused by Boldin in the SB on that 45 yard pass completion... he bit hard and was out of position 3 or 4 times in that game. Ever since he returned I didn't see a big difference between him and Gay. I actually think Gay is better then BMac.

While I want everyone to return I am not going to miss BMac like some on here are...

williar
02-20-2009, 11:11 PM
maybe it's me but all I remember is BMac getting abused by Boldin in the SB on that 45 yard pass completion... he bit hard and was out of position 3 or 4 times in that game. Ever since he returned I didn't see a big difference between him and Gay. I actually think Gay is better then BMac.

While I want everyone to return I am not going to miss BMac like some on here are...
Diddo that!
I think B-mac was solid, but hardly the elite corner (for the money he probably wants)we've been making him out to be. I think the real issue here is nobody wants to see pieces to a superbowl team broken up. The reality is, b-mac is replaceable. This was his first year as a starter (finally)! He did okay. Remember he was injured the past couple of seasons, so his durability is an issue.