PDA

View Full Version : motivation

steelnavy
02-19-2009, 12:31 PM
The Steelers need to book this guy for a motivational speech prior to the beginning of the season.

http://mywarvideo.com/play.php?vid=132

Please use earphones as appropriate (it might include a few bad words here and there)
:D

proudpittsburgher
02-19-2009, 01:35 PM
Sorry, don't agree, unless it was sarcasm, of course. The Steelers don't have the type of team who needs a guy like this. The Bengals/Browns perhaps? Maybe. They all need an attitude adjustment.

flippy
02-19-2009, 02:18 PM
Wow.

No wonder foreigners don't like Americans.

That's pretty classless stuff.

proudpittsburgher
02-19-2009, 02:51 PM
Wow.

No wonder foreigners don't like Americans.

That's pretty classless stuff.

Yea, flip. I know it is easy for us to stand here in the states and tell this guy how to live life among others who would gladly end his life in a heartbeat, but I agree that it is pretty classless. I stopped watching about a quarter of the way in.

steelnavy
02-19-2009, 04:51 PM
Totally tongue in cheek regarding the Steelers.

But on the other hand (and maybe its just because of different backgrounds), the military members I saw it with applauded.

AkronSteel
02-19-2009, 05:44 PM
Wow......I actually can see where this guy is coming from but I sure don't want him around my loved ones!! Scary situation for all and my prayers are with him as long as he lives in Michigan or Indiana or Iowa or anywhere besides Ohio or Pennsylvania!!!

flippy
02-20-2009, 01:31 PM
Totally tongue in cheek regarding the Steelers.

But on the other hand (and maybe its just because of different backgrounds), the military members I saw it with applauded.

I respect the military.

And I know guys who joined out of honor or duty.

Representing the US to many is an honor and they take that responsibility seriously.

And I can understand how someone might feel like this guy feels.

But I would expect our men to be above letting that sort of thing get the best of them.

Everything they do is a reflection on other men who are fighting for us.

So I do expect a higher standard from these men and anyone in the military.

Because other men's lives depend upon it.

What if that guy angered a "p%$$&" as he calls them and that "p%$$&" takes it out on another american soldier that isn't expecting it? Or an innocent american civilian?

What good does it do to belittle these other men.

I've always heard you need to be a little man to belittle someone.

Even an enemy.

Sure I don't know what that guy's been through. It's not my place to judge.

But whoever he is and whatever the circumstance, I just don't see a place for this kind of thing.

How does it make the world better?

How does it make the US and rest of the world safer?

Isnt that what the war was about?

Acero
02-20-2009, 03:30 PM
WOW, what a tool this guy is.

He talks a pretty brave talk in full body armor and an M-16 (or whatever) addressing a bunch of guys in suspenders and baseball caps.

What a douche. I'd like to see him try the same speech in bermudas and a t-shirt.

Mister Pittsburgh
02-21-2009, 11:28 AM
Harrison would rip that guys head off and Clark would dispose of the body.