PDA

View Full Version : Harrison’s Indy days are done

stlrz d
02-19-2009, 01:01 AM
http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/18/harriso ... -are-done/ (http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/18/harrisons-indy-days-are-done/)

Harrison’s Indy days are done

Posted: Adam Schefter

Everyone keeps focusing on WR Terrell Owens‘ future with the Cowboys. But the more pressing issues surround Colts WR Marvin Harrison.

It’s no longer a question of if Harrison, 36, will be let go. It has become a question of when. It will happen in the coming days, certainly before the new league year starts a week from Friday, but few are sure exactly when.

But make no mistake: It is happening. The Colts no longer can afford to carry Harrison, who is scheduled to have a $13.4 million number for an Indianapolis team that is starving for more salary-cap room to deal with free-agents-to-be such as CB Kelvin Hayden.

If the Colts were to release Harrison, his $13.4 million number instantly would come off the books, saving the team $7 million against the cap. Harrison still would count $6.4 million in dead money, but more importantly, there would be the $7 million savings.

Plus, the Colts have been bracing for this day, drafting Anthony Gonzalez in the first round and grooming young WRs Roy Hall and Pierre Garcon.

The Colts’ first-round draft pick in 1996, Harrison will finish his Indianapolis career with 1,102 catches for 14,580 yards and 128 touchdowns.

It was a great career. The last chapter soon will be written.

proudpittsburgher
02-19-2009, 09:19 AM
Marvin's production fell off the map this year. He dropped a lot of balls, ran some bad routes, and clearly became second banana to Reggie Wayne. With all of his off-the-field troubles, I think his career is over.

Ozey74
02-19-2009, 11:01 AM
Alot of Colt "fans" wont notice him gone till Week 4.

Iron Shiek
02-19-2009, 11:04 AM
He put together some great years consistently. I imagine some team will still bring him in as a filler possession guy, where he should still be able to manage a few more years barring further injury and assuming he is healthy finally. But without Peyton, I wonder how good he will be.

WoodleyofTroy
02-19-2009, 01:08 PM
It's crazy how things fall off like that. It wasn't too long ago when him and Peyton were breaking records. But it seems like when a player comes to an end, it's always an injury that pushes him even closer to that regard.

proudpittsburgher
02-19-2009, 01:37 PM

That's because they are all out mowing their lawns on Sunday afternoon. They don't start tuning in to football until the last few weeks of the season. And you know I'm right about this, judging by your location. :)

RuthlessBurgher
02-19-2009, 02:42 PM
I would imagine that he could play for his hometown team in Philly, where he could also shoot at more people outside of Chuckie's Garage.

Ozey74
02-19-2009, 06:05 PM

That's because they are all out mowing their lawns on Sunday afternoon. They don't start tuning in to football until the last few weeks of the season. And you know I'm right about this, judging by your location. :)

Your statements are 100%. Nothing gets to me like getting smack talk from a Colts "fan".

A "fan" I encountered a few months back, when responding to me questioning his Colts loyality, told me that he's been a Colts fan since Jim McMahon was the QB.

:roll:

RuthlessBurgher
02-19-2009, 06:56 PM

Your statements are 100%. Nothing gets to me like getting smack talk from a Colts "fan".

A "fan" I encountered a few months back, when responding to me questioning his Colts loyality, told me that he's been a Colts fan since Jim McMahon was the QB.

Does that mean the Head Coach in Baltimore is his brother, John McMahon? :lol:

By the way, I have been a Steeler fan since Bobby Brewster was the QB. :lol:

stlrz d
02-19-2009, 07:21 PM

Wasn't his real name William? :P

feelthesteel
02-19-2009, 07:46 PM
you mean Ed McMahon?
:Boobs :Boobs :Boobs

Ozey74
02-19-2009, 08:57 PM

Don't you mean Vince?

Didn't Bobby have a nickname? Punky I believe it was!!

proudpittsburgher
02-19-2009, 09:08 PM

If I was drinking anything when I read that part about the punky QB, I would have done a spit-take. My wife's side of the family is all Colts fans (she's from here, I'm from the burgh. Anyway, I told her that I respect other teams fans, but I refuse to take any crap whatsoever from this fanbase. Honestly, I had to go over their house one Sunday last season when the Steelers weren't playing, and I made my way down to their basement to catch some of the 1 p.m. games. Eventually, her dad and brother, two big-time Colts fans :roll: made their way down and asked me, "Whose playin'?" I looked at them in disbelief for a moment, and they looked at me and said, "seriously, who's playin'" I said, in a very disbelieving tone, "It's the Colts game". They both looked at each other, looked at me, and said, Oh, are you coming upstairs. Never asked who was winning. Never asked the score, never really looked at the TV. Yet, they are big-time Colts fans. :roll: Hell, I don't like to miss a preseason game if I can help it. And that, my friends, is a fairly good representation of this fanbase in this state. Pretty pathetic.

AkronSteel
02-20-2009, 10:01 AM
I would deal with Colts fans who act like they care compared to what I have to deal with on a day to day basis. I'm in Clowns country and yes they are dedicated but they are also delusional. I went to BW's yesterday for lunch and wore my new 6 time Super Bowl Champ T-shirt. I got probably 5-6 comments on how we suck and the streak will end next year. It is so comical and common place at this point that I don't even respond because honestly it is not worth my time. I usually just snicker and say: sure, ok, well we will just have to see what happens next year! :Blah If I responded every time someone had something smart to say I would do nothing else with my life. You guys are actually lucky!!!

AkronSteel
02-20-2009, 10:02 AM
Oh yeah.....I forgot!!!

:brownssuck