PDA

View Full Version : Santonio fined for WHAT???

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
02-18-2009, 10:48 PM
Just when you think the NFL goes to far they go ahead and top themselves...S. Holmes fined $10,000 for using the ball as a prop in Superbowl 43. I didn't even know this was a fineable offense! Does the NFL need money this badly, I think not. Do they just like to fine the Black and Gold??? Does anyone else know if another player has been fined for using the ball as a prop? I don't think so!

Iron Shiek
02-18-2009, 10:56 PM
I've read numerous times that the NFL doesn't even announce half the fines that are actually doled out. So it very well may have happened before without the public knowing. But seeing as it was a high profile game and that play was criticized it likely got leaked or announced to quell some of the losers' backlash.

DukieBoy
02-18-2009, 10:58 PM
Feeble and stupid. If the league wants to preserve its integrity and cred it needs to drop the stupid rules and even more stupid fines. And I'd say the same thing if they went after Fitz.

BradshawsHairdresser
02-18-2009, 11:08 PM
$10,000 .....and worth every penny!

Mel Blount's G
02-18-2009, 11:15 PM
All I have to say is... :lol:

papillon
02-19-2009, 12:03 AM

:Agree

Santonio, feel free to use the football as a prop the next time you catch the game winner in Super Bowl for the Steelers. That was nothing more than pure elation and taking in the moment. Exactly, how many times do you even get the opportunity to catch the game winner in a Super Bowl? Then to go and actually do it, d@mn, I would have been celebrating with the ball, the camera men, the field marshals, teammates, the fans, the security, well, you get the picture. It would have been party time with Pappy! :tt2

If you're going to get fined, you might as well get your money's worth. :tt1

Pappy

Flasteel
02-19-2009, 12:23 AM

:Agree

Santonio, feel free to use the football as a prop the next time you catch the game winner in Super Bowl for the Steelers. That was nothing more than pure elation and taking in the moment. Exactly, how many times do you even get the opportunity to catch the game winner in a Super Bowl? Then to go and actually do it, d@mn, I would have been celebrating with the ball, the camera men, the field marshals, teammates, the fans, the security, well, you get the picture. It would have been party time with Pappy! :tt2

If you're going to get fined, you might as well get your money's worth. :tt1

Pappy

Please Pap, I'd be willing to bet he stood in front of his hotel mirror all week and practiced what he'd do. It was a stupid move and could have cost us big-time; if he did plan it in advance it speaks to his mindset as well.

There are a lot of ways to celebrate and I thought the mob scene in the endzone was pretty cool as it was. Who gets up and does a Lebron James tribute 20 seconds after they score?

It was retarded and had that ref not turned his head the mili-second before Holmes began his little act, everyone on here would have villified him.

Gotta love the catch though! :tt2

RuthlessBurgher
02-19-2009, 12:26 AM
I'd be willing to bet he stood in front of his hotel mirror all week and practiced what he'd do.

I hope he didn't do it naked like the last time the full body mirror pictures of him surfaced! :lol:

Flasteel
02-19-2009, 12:31 AM
I'd be willing to bet he stood in front of his hotel mirror all week and practiced what he'd do.

I hope he didn't do it naked like the last time the full body mirror pictures of him surfaced! :lol:

I swear to God that same thought flashed before my mind as I typed that sentence. I have conditioned my brain however to quickly eradicate any flashes of crankshots which may be planted by others or through some latent memory. It was gone from my mind before I finished typing.

stlrz d
02-19-2009, 12:48 AM
Just when you think the NFL goes to far they go ahead and top themselves...S. Holmes fined $10,000 for using the ball as a prop in Superbowl 43. I didn't even know this was a fineable offense! Does the NFL need money this badly, I think not. Do they just like to fine the Black and Gold??? Does anyone else know if another player has been fined for using the ball as a prop? I don't think so!

I should add this to my signature: NFL fines are donated to charity.

Holmes was fined for the same reason Welker's snow angel was fined...excessive celebration, which includes using the ball as a prop.

I'm so glad his teammates mobbed him so he couldn't get up and do it right away.

Northern_Blitz
02-19-2009, 04:13 PM
Does Tony G. in KC still dunk the ball over the goal posts? Is that using the ball as a prop (i.e. pretending it's a B-Ball)? Does that celebration also get fined?

AkronSteel
02-19-2009, 05:15 PM
Ocho & TO have been fined several times for using the ball as a prop if I remember correctly! I remember Ocho getting fined when he gave the ball CPR, this isn't something new and Santonio better not cost us a game next year with his antics. I love the guy but he is a little bit of a showboater.

:2c

aggiebones
02-19-2009, 05:34 PM
I don't care as long as he gets the message that he should have been fined "per the rules'
Luckily they didn't penalize he or Harrison for their end of game off rule moves. I think both would have been weak penalties to say the least. but had they called them, Warner would have only needed 40 yards or something. Thank Goodness the refs were caught up in the game and didn't see the Holmes one.

stlrz d
02-19-2009, 06:16 PM
Does Tony G. in KC still dunk the ball over the goal posts? Is that using the ball as a prop (i.e. pretending it's a B-Ball)? Does that celebration also get fined?

I see your point and it's a good one, but I think they look at that as being a spike.

I think if the league wants to legislate then anything beyond handing the ball to an official should be illegal. That's the only way there's no gray area.