PDA

View Full Version : So you think Cards fans are the only ones in denial?

stlrz d
02-18-2009, 04:55 PM
http://talk.baltimoresun.com/showpost.p ... stcount=12 (http://talk.baltimoresun.com/showpost.php?p=4366982&postcount=12)

This guy's still whining about a regular season game! :roll:

Scarletfire1970
02-18-2009, 06:55 PM
some fans just can't admit that their team just wasn't good enough so they find excuses. The officials excuse is an easy one cause you can find calls in just about any game and even if you can't, you can make it up based on your perception or interpretation. I find it funny some opposing fans have a gif of a supposed block in the back by one of our guys during the James Harrison return in the SB. LOL. YOu must really hate the Steelers to go through all that trouble.

stlrz d
02-18-2009, 07:04 PM
I always chuckle at the whole "there was not indisputable evidence" argument.

There certainly was to the official who looked at it and that's all that matters.

papillon
02-19-2009, 12:32 AM

There certainly was to the official who looked at it and that's all that matters.

Yea, but, the refs and the NFL want the Steelers to win, didn't you know that? Get with the program, the NFL is fixed and it's in our favor. Savor the moments (all 6 of them :Cheers ) and let the refs continue to hand us the Lombardi.

:HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger

Pappy

ikestops85
02-19-2009, 12:26 PM

Yea, but, the refs and the NFL want the Steelers to win, didn't you know that? Get with the program, the NFL is fixed and it's in our favor. Savor the moments (all 6 of them :Cheers ) and let the refs continue to hand us the Lombardi.

Pappy

What I want to know is what happened the other 37 times? Are the officials that bad that they could only swing it our way 6 times? :roll:

Mister Pittsburgh
02-19-2009, 01:37 PM
this douche bag must not have watched the superbowl. if he had, he would have seen the slow motion replay they showed of that play, showing the ball in tonio's hands with a line drawn vertically from the goalline and you can clearly see the ball is beyond that line into the endzone.

People are so freaking whiny. Nobody's team loses anymore. They are just cheated out of wins. Or their team 'lost' the game instead of the other team winning the game. Like against Dallas this year....they lost the game instead of the steelers making huge plays at the end and winning the game. But when the Steelers played the Colts, the mirracle colts pulled the game out instead of the Steelers losing the game. The media just twists stuff up and lots of people aren't capable of forming their own opinion.

Most the plays that people mention from the Superbowl vs. Seattle are plays that Madden made a negative comment toward the penalty call. Same with this past game. James Harrison slaps a guy on the back and Madden said he punched him so everyone with out a brain says he punched him and should have been ejected. I think that the game announcers should be told by the NFL to hold their opinion to themselves regarding penalty calls.

Wolfhound45
02-19-2009, 02:56 PM

Pappy

What I want to know is what happened the other 37 times? Are the officials that bad that they could only swing it our way 6 times? :roll:

Too easy. It is all about the Benjamins. We did not outbid the other team those other 37 times. Haven't you ever watched wrestling?

:P

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
02-19-2009, 03:00 PM
some fans just can't admit that their team just wasn't good enough so they find excuses. The officials excuse is an easy one cause you can find calls in just about any game and even if you can't, you can make it up based on your perception or interpretation. I find it funny some opposing fans have a gif of a supposed block in the back by one of our guys during the James Harrison return in the SB. LOL. YOu must really hate the Steelers to go through all that trouble.

Are these the same fans who whined about every call going for the Steelers as well in SB XL? Do they also have a pic of Ben being blocked in the back on Kelly Herndon's int return in that game? That was missed too. This is football, some calls are bad and some calls are missed. If you only see it going one way then you generally are too biased to have a credible opinion.

In complete contradiction to my last sentence, the one game where I can say that 90% of the bad calls went one way was in our RS game with SD. Other than that game it is usually a case of some go your way, others don't.

calmkiller
02-19-2009, 03:09 PM
Its just the same thing as everyone here complained about the holding call during the Jags game last year. Point is we weren't good enough because the game shouldn't have come down to that drive.

steelblood
02-19-2009, 03:48 PM
I bet he didn't complain when the Ravens got away with delay of game in the playoffs against the Titans. That was a huge blown call and obviously wrong.

stlrz d
02-19-2009, 03:57 PM
I bet he didn't complain when the Ravens got away with delay of game in the playoffs against the Titans. That was a huge blown call and obviously wrong.

Of course not. Their comeback to that is they had it coming since the Steelers got away with some against them.

You just can't win with that bunch. :roll:

Jooser
02-19-2009, 04:33 PM
Yeah, to hear most of them tell it, we have 6 Championships only because we 'cheated' in the 70's because all of our players were on steroids, and we won XL and XLIII only because the refs 'gave' us the game. Come freaking on losebags! SIX CHAMPIONSHIPS, and they can't even give us credit for one. What a bunch of slobbering, piss-their pants swabs they are. You can't even argue with that level of stupidity.

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/crybabysmiley.gif