PDA

View Full Version : Players to target.

calmkiller
02-17-2009, 12:04 PM
Just some names for you to look at and discuss.

Guards:
Tyronne Green
Andy Levitre
Kraig Urbik

Center/Guard conversions:
Alex Mack
Eric Wood
Antoine Caldwell

Right Tackle:
Eben Britton (LT capable)
Phil Loadholt
Fenuki Tupou

Rush/34 DE:
Tyson Jackson
Jarron Gilbert
Ricky Jean-Francois
Kyle Moore
Zach Potter

Cover-3/Nickle Corner:
Darius Butler
Macho Harris
Jairus Byrd
Asher Allen
Jerraud Powers

Slot Receiver:
Mike Thomas
Deon Butler
Sammie Stroughter

Hines 2.0:
Hakeem Nicks
Juaquin Iglesias
Brandon Gibson
Mohammed Massaquoi

grotonsteel
02-17-2009, 01:12 PM
I hope Steelers also look for these players:

OC/OG
Max Unger
Duke Robinson

DE
Everette Pendescleaux, DE, Northern Iowa

DT
Ron Brace,BC
Sammie Lee Hill

CB
Joe Burnett, CB, Central Florida

FB:
Quinn Johnson

calmkiller
02-17-2009, 01:59 PM
I hope Steelers also look for these players:

OC/OG
Max Unger
Duke Robinson

DE
Everette Pendescleaux, DE, Northern Iowa

DT
Ron Brace,BC
Sammie Lee Hill

CB
Joe Burnett, CB, Central Florida

FB:
Quinn Johnson

I would agree with everyone on that list except Duke Robinson. I don't want him.

grotonsteel
02-17-2009, 02:29 PM
Any particular reason why not Duke Robinson?

I still think he is one of the best Guard going into the combine.

calmkiller
02-17-2009, 03:01 PM
Can be a bit inconsistent...Not a great technician...Isn't real light on his feet...Has lapses in concentration...Poor balance...Will get caught reaching at times...Will have some trouble with quicker defensive tackles...Work ethic has been questioned and tends to skate by on his natural ability...Little immature...Won't be an ideal fit for every team

Iron Shiek
02-17-2009, 03:08 PM
Can be a bit inconsistent...Not a great technician...Isn't real light on his feet...Has lapses in concentration...Poor balance...Will get caught reaching at times...Will have some trouble with quicker defensive tackles...Work ethic has been questioned and tends to skate by on his natural ability...Little immature...Won't be an ideal fit for every team

:lol: And not only ALL that, but he's an a-hole too. (j/k)

That was quite a laundry list...you've scared me away officially.

RuthlessBurgher
02-17-2009, 03:31 PM

You forgot to mention that he looks like Shaq with long hair. It kind of freaks me out. :lol:

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/58/584975.jpg

SteelerOfDeVille
02-17-2009, 07:11 PM
what site was that??????

grotonsteel
02-17-2009, 08:31 PM
Hmmm..i think i have read this on some site ...can't recollect the website. Every player has negatives.

If Steelers want power run football then i think Duke is one player they may want to take a look unless he has some character issues.

Duke should help improve 3rd and short Offense immediately.

I will be watching the combines for these 3 players:

Alex Mack, Max Unger and Duke..

Mel Blount's G
02-17-2009, 08:41 PM
I've heard that duke dude has work ethic issues. Talent will keep you a star at the collegiate level but that stuff won't cut it in the bigs. And we already have an overpaid O-lineman apparently with talent/potential but seemingly unmotivated...

calmkiller
02-17-2009, 10:28 PM
NFLDRAFTCOUNTDOWN.com

I have read at multiple sites that he has work ethic issues. Plays on pure talent and is lazy. That is all I need to hear. Pass.