PDA

View Full Version : NFL Network right now...

papillon
02-16-2009, 09:09 PM
I'm watching a documentary about the 1975 Steelers with interviews from Dwight White, Mike Wagner and others. If this has been posted sorry, but, I want to watch and didn't want to take the time to see if anyone else had mentioned this.

Enjoy

Pappy

SteelHead
02-16-2009, 09:33 PM
Are you speaking of the "America's Game" series ?

My fiancee just picked me up the 5 disc box set for V-Day. Great Stuff.

papillon
02-16-2009, 09:34 PM

Yea, that's what it is and they're documenting the 1975 season with commentary from Wagner and White.

Pappy

RuthlessBurgher
02-16-2009, 09:35 PM

You'll need a bigger box when the XLIII America's Game DVD comes out! :tt2 :Steel :tt1 Woooo!!!

SteelHead
02-16-2009, 09:41 PM

You'll need a bigger box when the XLIII America's Game DVD comes out! :tt2 :Steel :tt1 Woooo!!!

This to me , possibly next to the draft , will be the most eagerly anticipated part of the off season. It should be some fantastic television.

It's funny , I opened the 1st part of my V-day gift and it was a DVD titled something like "The 5 best games in Steeler History" , or something to that affect and it's the 5 actual game broadcasts of all 5 Superbowls. I commented to her before opening the 2nd part that I'd like to pick up the "America's Game" box set and low and behold there it was. She got a good kick out of that.

stlrz d
02-16-2009, 09:48 PM

Yea, that's what it is and they're documenting the 1975 season with commentary from Wagner and White.

Pappy

I've seen it several times but I still watch every time I come across it.

SteelHead
02-16-2009, 09:49 PM
Anyone have a clue when the new one is supposed to air ? The better not keep us waiting for months.

Iron Shiek
02-17-2009, 10:09 AM
They haven't even started taping and are probably just now officially identifying who will be the "speakers". So unfortunately, it will probably be at least a month if not two.

msp26505
02-17-2009, 06:57 PM
It's funny , I opened the 1st part of my V-day gift and it was a DVD titled something like "The 5 best games in Steeler History" , or something to that affect and it's the 5 actual game broadcasts of all 5 Superbowls.

Where did she get the game broadcasts of the Super Bowls?

I would love to get a copies of SB IX and X.

I have XIII, XIV amd XL.

SteelHead
02-17-2009, 07:19 PM
It's funny , I opened the 1st part of my V-day gift and it was a DVD titled something like "The 5 best games in Steeler History" , or something to that affect and it's the 5 actual game broadcasts of all 5 Superbowls.

I have XIII, XIV amd XL.

I'm not sure MSP. I know she picked up the America's game set used from a local shop that guarantees used DVD's and such. The original game broadcasts were new in the package but I didn't ask her. I'll check it out for ya.

msp26505
02-17-2009, 09:43 PM

I have XIII, XIV amd XL.

I'm not sure MSP. I know she picked up the America's game set used from a local shop that guarantees used DVD's and such. The original game broadcasts were new in the package but I didn't ask her. I'll check it out for ya.

Muchas Gracias.

DarthDeebo
02-18-2009, 10:55 AM
I've seen the Superbowl & America's Game sets on eBay

deepdiscount.com has both box sets too. I've had good luck with them when I've ordered from them in the past.

5 Super Bowls (http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=46917113&categoryId=65456)

America's Game set (http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=19999372)

msp26505
02-23-2009, 09:26 PM
I've seen the Superbowl & America's Game sets on eBay

deepdiscount.com has both box sets too. I've had good luck with them when I've ordered from them in the past.

5 Super Bowls (http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=46917113&categoryId=65456)

America's Game set (http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=19999372)

Thanks for the info. Just got the set of the first five complete game Super Bowls for $29.95 INCLUDING SHIPPING. What a great deal.

The quality of the earlier games is pretty grainy, but it's the official set produced by the NFL Network, and they do mention that they came from old tapes, so I guess that was to be expected.

I gotta admit though, I'm surprised there are not better network copies out there that could be digitally remastered. But all things considered, I am THRILLED with this product and price. This is the first time I ever saw SB IX in its entirety...at least when I paid attention. (My first Steeler memory is SB X).

BUY IT! :tt1