PDA

View Full Version : Hypocycloids in motion avatar

SanAntonioSteelerFan
02-16-2009, 06:46 PM
Anyone remember that guy from the Trib that had moving hypocycloids that traced out the Steelers design?

Anyone know how I could get that for mine (assuming a suitable time interval has passed without hearing from that poster, he was a cool guy as I recall, that we can declare it OK to nick it)? I tried the Google thing, I even found some programs to download that draw hypocycloids, but I'm not computer savvy enough to be able to put something like that in my avatar (it took me a year and a day to get a pic into my sig...).

Does anyone want to offer a suggestion, or maybe even give me a hand?

Thanks!

[Posted in this forum in honor of Steelr-d's request :D ]

Djfan
02-16-2009, 10:11 PM
Had it on my computer until that nasty virus took everything away!

SanAntonioSteelerFan
02-16-2009, 10:14 PM
Had it on my computer until that nasty virus took everything away!

Do you remember how you found it, DJFan?

Djfan
02-16-2009, 11:17 PM
It was someone's sig at the Trib board.

NKySteeler
02-24-2009, 10:41 PM
SA, is this the one you were looking for?.... If so, his name was Ranrod...

...Here's the "moving" hypocycloids.....

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/9879/steelersrevolve7qc0ksaa.gif

fordfixer
02-25-2009, 12:38 AM
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5636 (http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5636)

MeetJoeGreene
02-25-2009, 08:59 AM
Just write a C program to solve the equation at the site below for a/b=4

http://mathworld.wolfram.com/Hypocycloid.html

Djfan
02-25-2009, 11:23 AM
Very cool MJG!!!

I don't know if you knew, but my M-F job is teaching math!

RuthlessBurgher
02-25-2009, 04:14 PM
Very cool MJG!!!

I don't know if you knew, but my M-F job is teaching math!

I know you meant Monday to Friday job, but I sure there are many weeks when you considered it to be a M@#$er F@#$ing job too!!! (not in this economy, though...all those with job security are thankful even for jobs that are crappy at this point) :lol:

Djfan
02-26-2009, 03:31 PM
I am not a fan of my job for some reasons, and love it for others. I am always frustrated with my low pay, but at least I have pay.

The hardest part of my job is that I am running out of pig farmers who will take the bodies for feed.

Iron Shiek
02-26-2009, 04:50 PM
Yes exactly be thankful you got work. I survived a scare today. Pretty much out of the blue my employer announced layoffs of 400...yikes. I got through it but many friends didn't. Same day, my girlfriend gets the news that the department store she working at is closing in the summer. Geez. When it rains it pours...

stlrz d
02-26-2009, 06:30 PM
Don't I know it. I've been on the dole since 12/31 and had all of one interview...a preliminary phone screen interview. Not even a real, in person, face-to-face, we're really thinking about hiring you interview.

It's damn tough out there.

Iron Shiek
02-27-2009, 12:07 AM
Don't I know it. I've been on the dole since 12/31 and had all of one interview...a preliminary phone screen interview. Not even a real, in person, face-to-face, we're really thinking about hiring you interview.

It's damn tough out there.

Keep your head up D...the right situation will present itself...persistence!

Djfan
02-27-2009, 11:11 AM
Man the economy sucks! I feel for you D! You've been in my prayers.

Yesterday, my 9 year old got in trouble in school. He accidently hit a kid (really, even the teacher said so), but they have to punish hitting. So he cried. I told him I would take him for ice cream to make him feel better. We get there and BASKIN ROBBINS IS OUT OF BUSINESS?!?!?!?

Now it's gone too far. THAT'S where the stimulus money needs to go!

stlrz d
02-27-2009, 11:14 AM
Thanks guys. Things will be ok eventually. Not really whining, just kind of reporting how it really is.

Djfan
02-27-2009, 11:26 AM
Thanks guys. Things will be ok eventually. Not really whining, just kind of reporting how it really is.

No one thinks you're whining. We just care.

RuthlessBurgher
02-27-2009, 05:11 PM

However, I think DJ is whining (about Baskin Robbins). :lol:

Djfan
03-01-2009, 11:45 AM

However, I think DJ is whining (about Baskin Robbins). :lol:

DARN STRAIGHT I AM!!

SanAntonioSteelerFan
03-03-2009, 05:29 PM
Hey, thanks guys for the hypocycloid links. What I'd like to do now is sort of get those into "avatar format" (behold, my enormous ignorance for all to display).

Any help with that part too please?

Thanks!

Djfan
03-03-2009, 08:40 PM
Hey, thanks guys for the hypocycloid links. What I'd like to do now is sort of get those into "avatar format" (behold, my enormous ignorance for all to display).

Thanks!

I grabbed mine off of an avatar so I bet mine is already in that format.

stlrz d
03-03-2009, 09:22 PM

Thanks!

You can resize it in a photobucket account. Or you can try this: http://www.imageoptimizer.net/Pages/Home.aspx