PDA

View Full Version : Fred Taylor Released

calmkiller
02-16-2009, 02:57 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3911006

MeetJoeGreene
02-16-2009, 03:37 PM
Taylor seemed to have our number and did damage most every time he played us.

If he could have stayed healthy, he would have been unreal. As it is, he has over 11K yards.

costanza2k1
02-16-2009, 05:04 PM
wow, that's a shame...he did so much for them, would've been nice if they could've worked something out for the guy.

RuthlessBurgher
02-16-2009, 05:19 PM
wow, that's a shame...he did so much for them, would've been nice if they could've worked something out for the guy.

They could still bring him back at a lower number...we'll see

Iron Shiek
02-16-2009, 05:20 PM
Nah...I think he wanted out almost as bad. Something changed there within the last year and alot of guys have been soured on that coaching staff. I think a change of scenery is good for him. All those injuries he had in his career kept some mileage off him, so while he's been around for a while, if he lands in the right situation, he can still be effective.

AngryAsian
02-16-2009, 05:38 PM
Wonder if he'd be willing to come over cheap for our short yardage woes and at the same time helping himself to that elusive ring.... because number 7 is coming in '09.

SteelHead
02-16-2009, 06:37 PM
.... because number 7 is coming in '09.

I LOVE IT !!!!
:tt2 :Boobs :tt2

Mister Pittsburgh
02-17-2009, 12:22 AM
He could end up with someone like the Lions. He would have to be part of a rotation I would think.

Djfan
02-17-2009, 12:29 AM
He could end up with someone like the Lions. He would have to be part of a rotation I would think.

I think that is why our situation is viable. Don't know if it will happen, but 3+ yards per carry would have helped us a few times on the one yard line this year.

Mel Blount's G
02-17-2009, 05:16 AM
Fragile Fred had a great career for the schwags when healthy. And yeah, he was key to them beating us at our own game (smashmouth) a few times.

He was quoted this year as saying that this was the losingest (don't think it's a word but I believe that's what he said) bunch of guys he had EVER played with. Not talent wise, just attitude/desire wise.

Wonder if it will take that team a while to get back to where they were? Still fresh in my memory the multitude of "experts" that had them picked to go to/win the SB last year :moon Mind you they had a horrible rash of injuries to start the year but damn if they didn't just throw in the towel

calmkiller
02-17-2009, 09:31 AM
It is a shame, He was a franchise guy. I hated to see him on the other team every time we played him. Much respect thought, heck of a player.

RuthlessBurgher
02-17-2009, 12:43 PM
Fragile Fred had a great career for the schwags when healthy. And yeah, he was key to them beating us at our own game (smashmouth) a few times.

He was quoted this year as saying that this was the losingest (don't think it's a word but I believe that's what he said) bunch of guys he had EVER played with. Not talent wise, just attitude/desire wise.

Wonder if it will take that team a while to get back to where they were? Still fresh in my memory the multitude of "experts" that had them picked to go to/win the SB last year :moon Mind you they had a horrible rash of injuries to start the year but damn if they didn't just throw in the towel

The schwags? Sure, it rhymes with Jags and all, but I always thought that they would forever be known in Pittsburgh as the Jacksonville Jagoffs. :wink:

Discipline of Steel
02-17-2009, 12:53 PM

The schwags? Sure, it rhymes with Jags and all, but I always thought that they would forever be known in Pittsburgh as the Jerksonville Jagoffs. :wink:

Fixed that one for you. I dislike that city in addition to their team.

Iron Shiek
02-17-2009, 01:21 PM
RB's getting axed left and right.

Deuce McAllister another casualty, but this one was pretty expected.

Starlifter
02-17-2009, 05:47 PM
i bet lefty's on the phone right now. "hey fred, you gotta come here - it's the greatest organization in the NFL!!! who cares if you only get 10 touches next year, you may end up with a ring baby!!!!"

stlrz d
02-17-2009, 06:28 PM
i bet lefty's on the phone right now. "hey fred, you gotta come here - it's the greatest organization in the NFL!!! who cares if you only get 10 touches next year, you may end up with a ring baby!!!!"

"...disregard the fact that I won't be here though." :P

ikestops85
02-18-2009, 01:59 PM
I don't see Taylor being used as a short yardage back. I think the Jags used MJD as their short yardage back so that would lead me to believe he isn't the greatest in that situation. Besides, I think our problem lies more with the line than it does with the backs in our short yardage woes.