PDA

View Full Version : THE '09 PLANET STEELERS TAILGATE!!!

Pages : [1] 2

AngryAsian
02-16-2009, 01:14 PM
Okay, I know its a bit away from the impending release of the 2009 schedule, but I wanted to get a feel for what you all were thinking about Our PlanetSteelers Tailgate and game attendance. Which game would it be? Early in the season? Mid or late in the season when we'll all be covered in snow. I know most of us planning to attend, that are going to be flying or driving in for the game have varied preferences. Just wanted to get some feedback from the everyone.

stlrz d
02-16-2009, 01:18 PM
Any game, any time. Except the Packers game.

I will make every attempt to be there.

Iron Shiek
02-16-2009, 01:20 PM
Only reason I would say an earlier game is for the fact that you mention people flying and those of us with long drives. Potential opportunities for bad weather could delay people's arrivals and have a chance at missing some or all of the tailgate which would suck. So only for that reason I say a somewhat earlier in the year game...

AngryAsian
02-16-2009, 01:22 PM
Any game, any time. Except the Packers game.

I will make every attempt to be there.

I'm with you, D. I'll go to any game that most of us can gather at one time. If we get an official head count early enough we can possibly block off a set of rooms with a local hotel for the accommodations.

SteelerNation1
02-16-2009, 01:26 PM
Any game is PERFECT for me. I'll be there. If we choose a Monday or Thursday Night game, we'll have to tailgate in the a different lot (actually, in the lot I met Asian, Rpm, and Shawn last yr). If its a Sunday game, we'll be in the lot on Reedsdale St. I cannot wait!

AngryAsian
02-16-2009, 01:26 PM
Only reason I would say an earlier game is for the fact that you mention people flying and those of us with long drives. Potential opportunities for bad weather could delay people's arrivals and have a chance at missing some or all of the tailgate which would suck. So only for that reason I say a somewhat earlier in the year game...

Agreed, IS. When reading some of the comments about the later season games and/or playoff games that some of our brethren attended and tried to hook up, there seemed to be a common thread of chaos with the attempts of meeting up and mishaps with late arrivals and what not. A concern for sure. I'm hoping SN! can help us with a possible spot next to him at his lot with... I don't know how all that works.

MeetJoeGreene
02-16-2009, 01:34 PM
I, too, would think earlier in the year would be good from a travel weather perspective.

I also would think a Sunday afternoon game would be good from a work perspective for me.....

stlrz d
02-16-2009, 01:42 PM
Yes, a Sunday 1pm ET game would be best I think.

I'm pretty confident I'll be working by then (I hope so anyway) which means I'd only have to take one day (Monday) off. I'd hit the road on Friday evening and get there by Saturday. Hit the road again Sunday evening and get home some time on Monday.

AngryAsian
02-16-2009, 01:44 PM
Any game is PERFECT for me. I'll be there. If we choose a Monday or Thursday Night game, we'll have to tailgate in the a different lot (actually, in the lot I met Asian, Rpm, and Shawn last yr). If its a Sunday game, we'll be in the lot on Reedsdale St. I cannot wait!

That's what blows about flying into town to a tailgate, you can't help prep food or even bring a big cooler full of suds. I'll probably send you or any other locals who'll be attending, some funds in advance to help buy some extra beers and other requirements for the festivities.

AkronSteel
02-16-2009, 01:45 PM
It would work better for me if it was a early season Sunday afternoon game! I don't know how many of those we will actually have but that is what I was thinking! It will give most of us that don't live in the Burgh a chance to arrive on Saturday, have a good time, and then get up early in the morning on Sunday and do some serious tailgating! I gotta meet up with SN this year for his cornhole game! Wanted to do it this year but couldn't get an oppurtunity!

Jigawatts
02-16-2009, 01:57 PM
Like I said earlier, it would be great to celebrate this season just before the 2009 season
gets kicked off, but since the opener is on a Thursday night I know that would be next to
impossible for those that have to travel.

Maybe an early October Sunday afternoon game? The air is crisp, the beer is cold, and
statistics show that SN1 is less likely to molest anyone during the autumn harvest.

rpmpit
02-16-2009, 02:30 PM
You know I'm in. Any game is fine with me. Is it September yet???

RuthlessBurgher
02-16-2009, 02:39 PM
For the folks that are also hockey fans, it would be cool to pick a weekend when the Pens have a home Saturday game followed by a Steeler home game on Sunday afternoon. Those of you that are traveling from afar can get the best bang-for-your-buck by making it a two-fer weekend. It also makes it much easier for me if I was in Pittsburgh for both games, since I could just wake up early at my Pittsburgh hotel and come out for the tailgate right from the start, instead of having to drive 5 hours that morning and get into town late for the tailgate. Just a thought.

Jigawatts
02-16-2009, 02:48 PM
Thanks for mentioning the Pens Ruthless. Just reminded me that they're on at 2:00 today.
I'll have to try the live feed on the internet machine or listen to it on WXDX.

RuthlessBurgher
02-16-2009, 02:51 PM
Thanks for mentioning the Pens Ruthless. Just reminded me that they're on at 2:00 today.

First game for Bylsma. He was a good coach for us here for the W-B/S Pens (I was at the game Saturday night, as well as the one the previous Friday). Then again, Therrien was a heck of a coach for the W-B/S Pens once upon a time as well.

And, yes, before someone mentions it, I know we have a Pens forum, but no one ever seems to go there but me, it seems.

Jigawatts
02-16-2009, 03:00 PM

First game for Bylsma. He was a good coach for us here for the W-B/S Pens (I was at the game Saturday night, as well as the one the previous Friday). Then again, Therrien was a heck of a coach for the W-B/S Pens once upon a time as well.

And, yes, before someone mentions it, I know we have a Pens forum, but no one ever seems to go there but me, it seems.

I'll take this to the Pens forum.

MeetJoeGreene
02-16-2009, 03:22 PM
For the folks that are also hockey fans, it would be cool to pick a weekend when the Pens have a home Saturday game followed by a Steeler home game on Sunday afternoon. Those of you that are traveling from afar can get the best bang-for-your-buck by making it a two-fer weekend. It also makes it much easier for me if I was in Pittsburgh for both games, since I could just wake up early at my Pittsburgh hotel and come out for the tailgate right from the start, instead of having to drive 5 hours that morning and get into town late for the tailgate. Just a thought.

... and don't forget.. we could get a Buccos game too!! PLAYOFFS.....

SteelerNation1
02-16-2009, 03:24 PM
and
statistics show that SN1 is less likely to molest anyone during the autumn harvest.
Just the opposite actually. When the air is warmer there are less layers to get through. :wink: You can have the spot in front of me at the next game Jig. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SteelerNation1
02-16-2009, 03:28 PM
IMO, the best weather for a game is early to mid- November. Plus, The Pens will be playing. Let's shoot for the 1st home game in November. I think the 4:00 games are money, because you don't have to get up super early, and the game is done by 7:00. It will allow us to maximize our tailgate time. For the 4 oclockers this year, we rolled in at abouyt 8:00 and had an eternity to tailgate/play games.

AngryAsian
02-16-2009, 03:40 PM
I have to come in on a Saturday and get some shopping for some Steeler memorabilia. Wake up early for the Sunday tailgate. I guess the next question that needs asking, what would be the work situation for some on Monday? A 1 or 4 o'clock game is money either way for me. But some might actually have to drive home after the game and work the next morning. What would be the most convenient then?

NC Steeler Fan
02-16-2009, 03:58 PM
Um, so, like if the stars line up correctly I might actually be able to
make a tailgate with you guys too.

Of course, my girlfriend who lives in da burgh has to get married on
the same weekend that you guys are planning for AND get us tickets
to the same game too!

At least I've got a decent chance at getting inside Heinz field for a
game this year! :lol:

papillon
02-16-2009, 04:14 PM
Okay, well, I heard the Pens mentioned and if we're going to make a Pgh weekend of it we might as well try and get the weekend with the Friday night Pirate game, the Satruday afternoon Pens game and then the 2009 NFL champion Steeler Sunday afternoon game. :tt2

Oh, yea, and we have to be able to party at the wedding of NC's girlfriend. She won't mind if a few extra revelers join the reception will she? We'll bring our own food and libation, so, it won't cost her a penny for us to attend. :Cheers We promise not to protest (too much) when the priest, pastor, or clergy du jour asks, "Does anyone have any reason that these two not be united in holy matrimony?" :P or should matrimony, be acrimony? :wink:

Pappy

RuthlessBurgher
02-16-2009, 04:21 PM

I'm not a baseball fan, but I want to see a game at PNC since many folks say it is the best park in the league to see a game. However, early season home weekends for the Steelers always coincide with a Pirate road trips (including Steeler pre-season games) so I have never been there (except to eat at the Outback Steakhouse overlooking the field with no game going on). I could understand how having Steeler and Pirate games on the same day could cause parking and traffic difficulties, but they have never even had games even a day apart.

Jigawatts
02-16-2009, 04:21 PM
and
Just the opposite actually. When the air is warmer there are less layers to get through. :wink: You can have the spot in front of me at the next game Jig. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think I'll hang out with bobble head Jesus instead. :lol:

Jooser
02-16-2009, 04:37 PM
I'm in. I too would prefer an early season game. I'm about a 3 hour drive away, so I'm in for bringing up some foodstuffs. I can't wait.

Iron Shiek
02-16-2009, 04:37 PM

I'm not a baseball fan, but I want to see a game at PNC since many folks say it is the best park in the league to see a game. However, early season home weekends for the Steelers always coincide with a Pirate road trips (including Steeler pre-season games) so I have never been there (except to eat at the Outback Steakhouse overlooking the field with no game going on). I could understand how having Steeler and Pirate games on the same day could cause parking and traffic difficulties, but they have never even had games even a day apart.

Well think about it. They play three game series'. So there would be no way (likely) for them to have a home game Friday or Saturday but not Sunday. Obviously to avoid the congestion issues you are speaking of for that area...

costanza2k1
02-16-2009, 04:45 PM
I would love to do a Mon night game but I understand it's tough for a lot of folks with work and all, a 4pm Sun game would just rock. Haji has gotten plenty of sun in his life would like for it to turn into a night game towards the 4th quarter. You guys call the game and I'll be there...

NC Steeler Fan
02-16-2009, 04:50 PM
Actually, I have been to a baseball game at the Pirates' stadium
and it IS very, very nice. It was the only MLB game I've seen in person.

Having the stadium open up to the city skyline is just beautiful!

But, I really can't imagine how excited I'll be to set foot inside Heinz
field for a game.... :shock:

papillon
02-16-2009, 04:52 PM

Well think about it. They play three game series'. So there would be no way (likely) for them to have a home game Friday or Saturday but not Sunday. Obviously to avoid the congestion issues you are speaking of for that area...

Ummm, the 5,500 people in attendance at a Pirate game in September won't add to the congestion. :P By this time they've been out of the playoff race since Mid-May or maybe they kept it with in 15 up to June 1st. Then on June 1st they begin to trade away players to teams looking for that onepiece to put them over the top.

Don't sweat the perceived congestion if the Pirates happen to be playing on a Sunday afternoon the same time as the Steelers.

Pappy

Iron Shiek
02-16-2009, 05:16 PM

Ummm, the 5,500 people in attendance at a Pirate game in September won't add to the congestion. :P By this time they've been out of the playoff race since Mid-May or maybe they kept it with in 15 up to June 1st. Then on June 1st they begin to trade away players to teams looking for that onepiece to put them over the top.

Don't sweat the perceived congestion if the Pirates happen to be playing on a Sunday afternoon the same time as the Steelers.

Pappy

Good point pap.... :oops:
:D

AngryAsian
02-16-2009, 05:26 PM
Okay, well, I heard the Pens mentioned and if we're going to make a Pgh weekend of it we might as well try and get the weekend with the Friday night Pirate game, the Satruday afternoon Pens game and then the 2009 NFL champion Steeler Sunday afternoon game. :tt2

Oh, yea, and we have to be able to party at the wedding of NC's girlfriend. She won't mind if a few extra revelers join the reception will she? We'll bring our own food and libation, so, it won't cost her a penny for us to attend. :Cheers We promise not to protest (too much) when the priest, pastor, or clergy du jour asks, "Does anyone have any reason that these two not be united in holy matrimony?" :P or should matrimony, be acrimony? :wink:

Pappy

This part of your idea has merit. We don't even need to see the inside of the reception hall, we can just tailgate in the parking lot. We can blast Renegade from the parking lot, start a mosh pit and when the bride and groom come out, instead of rice, we'll just twirl terrible towels. As for the other comments... Jiga, might i suggest a name of a good proctologist after your "tail" gate with SN1 (try not to drink too much). :lol: :lol: :lol:

NC Steeler Fan
02-16-2009, 05:33 PM

Pappy

This part of your idea has merit. We don't even need to see the inside of the reception hall, we can just tailgate in the parking lot. We can blast Renegade from the parking lot, start a mosh pit and when the bride and groom come out, instead of rice, we'll just twirl terrible towels. As for the other comments... Jiga, might i suggest a name of a good proctologist after your "tail" gate with SN1 (try not to drink too much). :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually, she'd probably insist on all of it and then invite everyone inside!

She's already said it's going to be a Black and Gold wedding. She's the one who calls me down here in the middle of bumfuque Egypt from the games at Heinz, blubbering tears of joy and shrieking that we won, we won!!!

Anyways, I hope it works out that I can join you guys...

buckeyehoppy
02-16-2009, 06:32 PM
IMO, the best weather for a game is early to mid- November. Plus, The Pens will be playing. Let's shoot for the 1st home game in November. I think the 4:00 games are money, because you don't have to get up super early, and the game is done by 7:00. It will allow us to maximize our tailgate time. For the 4 oclockers this year, we rolled in at abouyt 8:00 and had an eternity to tailgate/play games.

I would agree with the 1st game in Nov. and chisel it in granite if it's a 4:15 start.

I live w/in a 2 to 2 1/2 hour drive, but I might still opt to do a hotel room for this. Seeing that a bunch of us will be coming in from parts way outside of unknown from PGH, getting lodging at a single spot might not be a bad idea. That way, we can stack and pack rooms and commute in groups for Saturday night/Sunday morning. As one driving in, I am willing to shuttle a few who might not want to rent a car and my lady and I would be willing to split a room with as many as three others.

Hopefully, the Pens will be playing the same weekend. If that's the case, keep in mind that next season will be the last for the Pens at the Igloo, so plan early if the stars align and the Pens and Steelers are both playing home the same weekend we elect to go.

stlrz d
02-16-2009, 08:59 PM
I don't drink so even though I don't know my way around the city at least I'd be sober. :D

RuthlessBurgher
02-16-2009, 09:39 PM
I don't drink so even though I don't know my way around the city at least I'd be sober. :D

I don't drink either. We could dominate the tailgate if you were my cornhole partner. Wait, that sounded really bad. Ummm...my beanbag toss partner. Ooh, that didn't sound much better. D@mmit!!! :lol:

stlrz d
02-16-2009, 09:49 PM

I don't drink either. We could dominate the tailgate if you were my cornhole partner. Wait, that sounded really bad. Ummm...my beanbag toss partner. Ooh, that didn't sound much better. D@mmit!!! :lol:

Uhhhh...how about team mates for any competitions? :D

buckeyehoppy
02-16-2009, 10:25 PM

Sure...We knew what you meant!...honest!

:moon :owned :lol: :wink:

RuthlessBurgher
02-16-2009, 10:30 PM

Sure...We knew what you meant!...honest!

:moon :owned :lol: :wink:

And you can be Carson Palmer's cornhole partner:

http://deadspin.com/assets/resources/2007/11/carson%20palmer.jpg

:lol:

Jigawatts
02-16-2009, 10:47 PM
Jiga, might i suggest a name of a good proctologist after your "tail" gate with SN1 (try not to drink too much). :lol: :lol: :lol:

Funny story. Well, not really, but it would be funny if you were there....

When I first met SN1 earlier in the season, I was talking to his dad and he asked me,"so
where did you meet my son?" I put my arm around SN1 and said, "on the internet." :lol:

Djfan
02-16-2009, 11:05 PM
Mrs. Fan and I would love to be there but the check book gods might not cooperate. If we make the wedding tailgate I'll DJ the parking lot.

If we pull this thing together we need PlanetSteelers.com shirts with our names on the front.

Who will let us crash in their hotel room? I don't fart too much at night, and rarely wet the bed anymore!

NKySteeler
02-16-2009, 11:25 PM
Would I be allowed to attend?..... I could bring the cornhole boards if not already available.... Tailgating is one of my specialties, but nowhere near the level of SN.... :wink:

fordfixer
02-16-2009, 11:45 PM
Sounds like a blast i don't know if I would be able to make it or not, but will do all I can to be there. :tt1

SteelerNation1
02-17-2009, 12:38 AM
Jiga, might i suggest a name of a good proctologist after your "tail" gate with SN1 (try not to drink too much). :lol: :lol: :lol:

When I first met SN1 earlier in the season, I was talking to his dad and he asked me,"so
where did you meet my son?" I put my arm around SN1 and said, "on the internet." :lol:
That is hilarious...in a Lance Bass kinda way.
http://www.imnotobsessed.com/image/lance_bass_gay.jpg

SteelerNation1
02-17-2009, 12:39 AM
Would I be allowed to attend?..... I could bring the cornhole boards if not already available.... Tailgating is one of my specialties, but nowhere near the level of SN.... :wink: Damn right. If you do come, BRING YOUR "A" game baby! :lol: :lol: :lol: :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

NKySteeler
02-17-2009, 12:43 AM
Damn right. If you do come, BRING YOUR "A" game baby! :lol: :lol: :lol: :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

You know it!.... Cornhole is rather popular here in Cincy.... But I'm no good at it unless I'm drinking.... :lol:

fordfixer
02-17-2009, 12:44 AM

Um-- just what are you trying to say SN1? :lol:

SteelerNation1
02-17-2009, 12:49 AM

Um-- just what are you trying to say SN1? :lol:
I really loved NSync's music. :oops: :shock: :wft :Hater

SteelerNation1
02-17-2009, 12:50 AM
Damn right. If you do come, BRING YOUR "A" game baby! :lol: :lol: :lol: :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

You know it!.... Cornhole is rather popular here in Cincy.... But I'm no good at it unless I'm drinking.... :lol:
Well if you're at the game you better be doing some of this :Cheers or this :Beer , so it should be all good.

Djfan
02-17-2009, 01:00 AM
Gays, drinking, cornhole, hot dogs...

Does it get better than this?

fordfixer
02-17-2009, 01:04 AM

NKy- I don't know if I would want to do a lot of drinking around this bunch :lol:

Jigawatts
02-17-2009, 02:55 PM

What the funk? You call me a chicken in one thread and say I'm funny like Lance Bass
in this thread. I'm beginning to feel like I'm not welcome at the tailgate party. :moon

And by the way, Insync sucks, O-Town is the best boy band ever.

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s276/Jacob_Underwood_Fanpage/O-Town-O-Town.jpg

SteelerNation1
02-18-2009, 12:46 AM
O-Town is the best boy band ever.

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s276/Jacob_Underwood_Fanpage/O-Town-O-Town.jpg
Now you're not allowed to tailgate with us. Everyone knows 98 degrees was king of the boy bands! :oops:

RuthlessBurgher
02-18-2009, 01:12 AM
NKOTB 4-eva!!! (Of course, they are all likely bald, fat, and old now) :lol:

AngryAsian
02-18-2009, 08:45 AM
The Originator of them all....

MENUDO!!!

http://menudalatina18.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/menudo201981.jpg

Djfan
02-18-2009, 10:30 AM
This thread has been dying for a couple of days.

Gentlemen. We're discussing a STEELERS tailgate. Surely, we can do better than this!

SteelerNation1
02-18-2009, 10:54 AM

Gentlemen. We're discussing a STEELERS tailgate. Surely, we can do better than this!
Dj,
I can't hear you...hold on, let me turn Bye, Bye, Bye down...now, what were you saying?

stlrz d
02-18-2009, 11:37 AM

http://dailyblabber.ivillage.com/entertainment/newkids3.jpg http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l50/ropewalk_2006/nkotb.jpg

fordfixer
02-18-2009, 10:03 PM

Dj,
I can't hear you...hold on, let me turn Bye, Bye, Bye down...now, what were you saying?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ozey74
02-20-2009, 09:50 PM

Since you wondered: NKOTB today

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/images/events/AGM-009250.jpg

I can't believe this is my 1400 post :HeadBanger

Djfan
02-21-2009, 01:33 PM
I can't believe this is my 1400 post :HeadBanger

1500 had better be impressive. That 1400th was not a top ten offering!

costanza2k1
02-23-2009, 05:52 PM
? are we going to try to get seats next to each other or at least as many as we can? That would be cool. Also is there needs to be a post game party too!

AngryAsian
02-24-2009, 12:29 AM
? are we going to try to get seats next to each other or at least as many as we can? That would be cool. Also is there needs to be a post game party too!

Next to SN1's Bye Bye Bye post, this is the second best post in this thread. :lol:
Does anybody how this can be done. Is it even possible to rent a box? Talk about a party. Pre and post game bashes have to be in order. Great thinking, Cos.

fordfixer
02-24-2009, 12:35 AM

Next to SN1's Bye Bye Bye post, this is the second best post in this thread. :lol:
Does anybody how this can be done. Is it even possible to rent a box? Talk about a party. Pre and post game bashes have to be in order. Great thinking, Cos.

http://mycorporatetickets.com/index.php ... GgodO1cF0g (http://mycorporatetickets.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=122&Itemid=296&gclid=CPvLpYWq9JgCFQpuGgodO1cF0g)

Hope this helps :tt1

Jooser
02-27-2009, 11:24 AM
Damn, a Clowns game would be freakin' awesome to get us all together!! LMAO!! Can you imagine running into C0CkFaCe in the parking lot while we were tailgating?!?

http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww173/prestonjjrtr/Funny/lmao.gif
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

stlrz d
02-27-2009, 11:29 AM
Damn, a Clowns game would be freakin' awesome to get us all together!! LMAO!! Can you imagine running into C0CkFaCe in the parking lot while we were tailgating?!?

You mean this guy?

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l50/ropewalk_2006/milkcarton.jpg

Jooser
02-27-2009, 03:58 PM

You mean this guy?

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l50/ropewalk_2006/milkcarton.jpg

That's EXACTLY who I mean, d!!!!!! LMAO!!!!!!

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c238/dckrice/nail.gif :Clap

rpmpit
03-23-2009, 03:25 PM
I'm voting for opening night vs. the Titans. A great way to get the season underway. Though I know Thursday night might be tough for some of you.

AngryAsian
03-23-2009, 11:09 PM
I'm voting for opening night vs. the Titans. A great way to get the season underway. Though I know Thursday night might be tough for some of you.

I think the idea has merit, and for those of us who are coming in via plane, weekday flights are more cost effective. What a way to get the season started!!!

rpmpit
03-24-2009, 05:21 AM

I think the idea has merit, and for those of us who are coming in via plane, weekday flights are more cost effective. What a way to get the season started!!!

That's a great point about the airfare. Let's roll with this. Any other opinions?

RuthlessBurgher
03-24-2009, 09:03 AM
Primetime games are usually the hardest for me (because you have to miss a day or two of work and it is difficult getting time off). I never miss a Sunday game, but if I ever sell tickets for a game or two during the season, it is always a Monday or Thursday game (did this for Baltimore...in the regular season...and Cincy last year). However, for the opening game of the season following a Super Bowl victory, I think I would have to make an exception. I will see if I can talk my Dad into leaving early on Thursday morning (like we would for an afternoon start) to give us plenty of time to hang with you folks at the PlanetSteelers tailgate (if everyone decides that the opener is best).

stlrz d
03-24-2009, 09:57 AM
If I'm working by that time (and hopefully I am) I would be relatively new on the job and probably not able to get W-F off. And I would need that much time because, unfortunately, driving from Green Bay to Pittsburgh is cheaper than flying and then renting a car.

Iron Shiek
03-24-2009, 10:55 AM
Kill the Tit-STAINS!!!

I'd probably be out if its a weekday game as well...pretty much all of my vacation days are accounted for.

But then again if that is the plan...I will always make every effort to be present!

costanza2k1
03-24-2009, 03:56 PM
If the group wants Thursday, I can swing that...what a way to start the season.

AngryAsian
03-25-2009, 01:00 AM

This could be an epic battle. PrimeTime with some serious payback on the minds of Our Champs and probably a SB ring ceremony if I'm not mistaken. I think this would be a great way to start off the season with some serious good karma. I'm with the pack on this one. I make my own schedule so I can be a go if the group wants this one. I had a great time last year there on Monday Night with a Ratbird win to send me home with a smile. Let's do this!

rpmpit
03-25-2009, 07:56 AM

This could be an epic battle. PrimeTime with some serious payback on the minds of Our Champs and probably a SB ring ceremony if I'm not mistaken. I think this would be a great way to start off the season with some serious good karma. I'm with the pack on this one. I make my own schedule so I can be a go if the group wants this one. I had a great time last year there on Monday Night with a Ratbird win to send me home with a smile. Let's do this!

:Agree

:tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1

SteelerNation1
03-26-2009, 10:19 AM
My vote would be to do a Sunday game. Here's my reasoning:
Its so easy to get fired up for ANY game, but getting fired up for the SB celebration opener is EXTRA EASY. I think we should do a mid season 1 or (preferably) 4 oclocker. Thoughts?

RuthlessBurgher
03-26-2009, 10:41 AM
Its so easy to get fired up for ANY game, but getting fired up for the SB celebration opener is EXTRA EASY. I think we should do a mid season 1 or (preferably) 4 oclocker. Thoughts?

My top choice was always Sunday (and preferably a Sunday following a Saturday night Pens game so that the folks coming to Pittsburgh from out of town could get a 2 for 1 weekend, but we would have to wait even longer before next season's hockey schedule comes out), but me and you are the easiest ones to accommodate, since we would be at all of these games anyway whether there was a PlanetSteelers tailgate or not. Whatever works for everyone else that has to make special travel plans works for me.

rpmpit
03-26-2009, 01:28 PM

My top choice was always Sunday (and preferably a Sunday following a Saturday night Pens game so that the folks coming to Pittsburgh from out of town could get a 2 for 1 weekend, but we would have to wait even longer before next season's hockey schedule comes out), but me and you are the easiest ones to accommodate, since we would be at all of these games anyway whether there was a PlanetSteelers tailgate or not. Whatever works for everyone else that has to make special travel plans works for me.

It was just a thought guys. You both make valid points. I'm going to try and do two games this year. Definitely going to be at the opener and it will most likely be armpit jr.'s first Steeler game. Can't wait for that!

We can do a mid-season game - I actually prefer the colder weather games. Like RB said, whatever works for everyone is fine by me.

fordfixer
03-26-2009, 06:41 PM
I vote for the Denver game :tt1

RuthlessBurgher
03-26-2009, 06:48 PM

Ryan Clark's spleen votes no. :shock: :P

fordfixer
03-26-2009, 06:58 PM

Ryan Clark doesn't have a spleen

RuthlessBurgher
03-26-2009, 07:26 PM

Yeah...Denver made sure of that.

Have you heard that they shot Joey Porter in Denver too?

[youtube:20a874sv]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gpOG9K02F_g&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gpOG9K02F_g&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:20a874sv]

stlrz d
03-26-2009, 07:29 PM

Me either!

fordfixer
03-26-2009, 07:31 PM

[youtube:25atmq7m]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gpOG9K02F_g&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gpOG9K02F_g&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:25atmq7m]

So you don't like the Denver idea?

RuthlessBurgher
03-26-2009, 08:19 PM

[youtube:k2zx2mb9]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gpOG9K02F_g&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gpOG9K02F_g&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:k2zx2mb9]

So you don't like the Denver idea?

I'll pass. But stlz_d can come. He has no spleen. :mrgreen:

stlrz d
03-26-2009, 10:05 PM

Fine by me...I don't have sickle cell.

Now who's payin' my way? :D

Jigawatts
03-27-2009, 02:17 PM

As much as I'd like to celebrate the SB victory on opening day, I prefer SN1's idea.
For tailgating purposes it's just easier to go to a Sunday afternoon game than a
Thursday night game.

fordfixer
03-27-2009, 10:11 PM

here's my :2c :lol:

costanza2k1
03-27-2009, 11:38 PM

As much as I'd like to celebrate the SB victory on opening day, I prefer SN1's idea.
For tailgating purposes it's just easier to go to a Sunday afternoon game than a
Thursday night game.

This sounds much better...I'd prefer the 4pm game, more time to tailgate together, more time to get sloshed, gets me out of the sun (this brother is already brown enough).

stlrz d
03-28-2009, 09:24 AM

here's my :2c :lol:

That's not enough to get me out of the recliner!

rpmpit
03-28-2009, 12:35 PM
Ok, so it seems like most are shooting for a 4:00 Sunday game. Since we don't know the schedule yet, why don't we start focusing on a month. For example, an October game, Sunday at 4:00. Then when the schedule comes out, we'll be ahead of the game...so to speak :D

SteelerNation1
03-28-2009, 09:51 PM
I'd have to imagine that we will play several home 4 o'clock games. Let's shoot for the 4 o'clock game in October like rpm said. Late October/early November is money baby!

fordfixer
03-28-2009, 10:03 PM
I'd have to imagine that we will play several home 4 o'clock games. Let's shoot for the 4 o'clock game in October like rpm said. Late October/early November is money baby!
:tt1

AngryAsian
03-29-2009, 01:06 AM
Agreed on the tentative Late Oct. game. I'm on board.

SteelerNation1
04-14-2009, 10:45 PM
Either Cleveland Oct 18 or Minnesota oct 25.

fordfixer
04-15-2009, 12:25 AM
Either Cleveland Oct 18 or Minnesota oct 25.
Cleaveland

buckeyehoppy
04-15-2009, 02:06 AM
Gotta be the Clowns game on 10.18.

The 1 p.m. start is a bummer...then again, do the Clowns deserve to be on at 4:15? I know the Steelers do. But the league is probably gun shy on the Clowns after they got pimped so hard in the off-season, then didn't hold up their end of the bargain. Besides, the Clowns are hosting the Steelers in PT. That'll be the closest thing they'll ever get to a SB.

Bonus: there may be an outside chance at a roadie the week before to Detroit on 10.11. We'll see about two weekends in a row, but I'm up for it. Besides, I like the idea of getting the travel outta the way early on. The schedule makers made it easy for me.

AngryAsian
04-15-2009, 07:38 AM

The 1 p.m. start is a bummer...then again, do the Clowns deserve to be on at 4:15? I know the Steelers do. But the league is probably gun shy on the Clowns after they got pimped so hard in the off-season, then didn't hold up their end of the bargain. Besides, the Clowns are hosting the Steelers in PT. That'll be the closest thing they'll ever get to a SB.

Bonus: there may be an outside chance at a roadie the week before to Detroit on 10.11. We'll see about two weekends in a row, but I'm up for it. Besides, I like the idea of getting the travel outta the way early on. The schedule makers made it easy for me.

Hop, the stains game sounds nice, but the Charger night game might be cool. I was at the MN game against the ratbirds last year and what a great game that was. With Rivers, I'm sure there will be a lot of jawwin' being done from their end, and this should be a nasty one.

rpmpit
04-15-2009, 08:13 AM
Browns! Some payback for Ben's concussion last year :twisted:

:brownssuck

Djfan
04-15-2009, 10:13 AM
One of the guys in our fan club out here just told me he picked up two tickets to the Chargers game. So I'm voting for that one.

RuthlessBurgher
04-15-2009, 10:33 AM
If we pick a primetime game like San Diego, I will be able to make the 5 hour drive in the morning (as if it were an early game) and spend the afternoon with you fools. Watching the 1:00 and 4:15 games together could be fun...our division rivals all play at 1:00 (Cincinnati at Cleveland and Baltimore at New England) and the late afternoon games include NY Jets at New Orleans, Buffalo at Miami, Dallas at Denver, and St. Louis at San Francisco. If anyone that is coming to the tailgate has one of those DirecTV Sat-Go systems with the Sunday Ticket package, I think this could be the way to go.

http://www.ubergizmo.com/photos/2008/6/directv.jpg

I would also be amenable to a Sunday 1:00 game (folks that are scared of the cold seem to prefer Cleveland or Minnesota) if it were following at Saturday night Penguin game, because then I could drive out during the day on Saturday, hit the Pens game, stay at a hotel in the Pittsburgh area, then be up bright and early to meet you fools in the parking lot before the Steeler game (since I would not have to worry about a 5 hour drive that morning). It would also be cool to get a bunch of guys together to see the Pens as well. Could you imagine if the Pens won the Stanley Cup this year (playoffs start tomorrow!) and we could see two defending champs in one weekend? Return of the City of Champions, baby! (no comment about the Pirates...I don't follow baseball anyway). The 09-10 hockey schedule should come out in July (since the Stanley Cup Finals don't end until June), so we won't know for sure when the Pens will have a home Saturday game until then.

Jooser
04-15-2009, 03:33 PM
I'd really like to see the Clowns game. MN is also do able for me too.

buckeyehoppy
04-16-2009, 12:10 AM
I'm actually good for all the October games...home and away...so I'm flexible.

Big bonus points for a weekend that has a Pens/Steelers double feature. But, if we need to decide before the NHL sked comes out then RB and I might just have to deal.

(Note to RB: if you want to do a Pens game and it won't work for the tailgate, then let's talk on PM and we'll set up a game on our own. I am DEFINITELY in for a Pens game next season. Last one at the Igloo...I'm not missing that).

buckeyehoppy
04-16-2009, 12:25 AM

Hop, the stains game sounds nice, but the Charger night game might be cool. I was at the MN game against the ratbirds last year and what a great game that was. With Rivers, I'm sure there will be a lot of jawwin' being done from their end, and this should be a nasty one.

I'm good to go with the will of the majority on this one, A. A night game, depending on whether anything changes work schedule-wise, works as well as any for me. And, even if it doesn't, no worries. I have some vacation that I will appropriate for this tailgate anyway, so all systems go. I will go with the will of the majority on any vote.

rpmpit
04-20-2009, 10:49 AM
So from what I've heard (from the ninjas :shock:) the Chargers Sunday night game looks to be the game. Lets try to get this settled this week so we can start making travel plans, booking hotel rooms, getting tickets, etc.

AngryAsian
04-20-2009, 10:07 PM
So from what I've heard (from the ninjas :shock:) the Chargers Sunday night game looks to be the game. Lets try to get this settled this week so we can start making travel plans, booking hotel rooms, getting tickets, etc.

Most definitely. Okay all stand and be counted!.

OCT 4th Chargers game. From what I've seen Costanza, rpmpit, Ruthless, Hoppy, Djfan, SteelerNation1... are all good with this date. The above mentioned names, yes? Everybody else start posting.

costanza2k1
04-20-2009, 10:31 PM

Most definitely. Okay all stand and be counted!.

OCT 4th Chargers game. From what I've seen Costanza, rpmpit, Ruthless, Hoppy, Djfan, SteelerNation1... are all good with this date. The above mentioned names, yes? Everybody else start posting.

LET'S DO THIS!

Djfan
04-21-2009, 12:07 AM
There is still a chance that we can't come, but we will try.

I can hardly wait to lift a cold one (iced tea of course!) with you all!

RuthlessBurgher
04-21-2009, 08:55 AM
I will be there on all of the proposed dates, so whenever the rest of you folks decide that you want to congregate, I will be sure to join yinz.

fordfixer
04-21-2009, 10:13 PM
I will do all I can to be there :tt1

AngryAsian
04-27-2009, 10:07 AM
After conferring with the Admin. and Mods the Charger game on Sunday night will be the 09 PS Tailgate. Make your plans early and mark it on your calender. Time to meet your brethren of the board. Further plans will be discussed in this thread. OCT 4th, Sunday Night!!!

As Flippy would put it.... WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

stlrz d
04-27-2009, 10:12 AM
I can't do a Sunday nighter. Have fun gents! :)

rpmpit
04-27-2009, 10:50 AM

Dude, this is unacceptable!! :evil:

SteelerNation1
04-27-2009, 11:10 AM
I will be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RuthlessBurgher
04-27-2009, 01:22 PM

So will the tailgate take place over in your lot over on Reedsdale?

I haven't talked to my father about it yet, but I doubt that it would take much convincing to get him to leave early enough to get there hopefully around noontime or so in order to spend the day with you fools.

Anyone have access to one of the portable DirecTV units or other means of watching the afternoon games together during the tailgate? Here is the slate of games that will be on when we are all together:

Cincinnati at Cleveland 1:00 PM
Baltimore at New England 1:00 PM
Tennessee at Jacksonville 1:00 PM
Oakland at Houston 1:00 PM
Seattle at Indianapolis 1:00 PM
NY Giants at Kansas City 1:00 PM
Detroit at Chicago 1:00 PM
Tampa Bay at Washington 1:00 PM

Buffalo at Miami 4:05 PM
NY Jets at New Orleans 4:05 PM
Dallas at Denver 4:15 PM
St. Louis at San Francisco 4:15 PM

SteelerNation1
04-27-2009, 01:30 PM

So will the tailgate take place over in your lot over on Reedsdale?

I haven't talked to my father about it yet, but I doubt that it would take much convincing to get him to leave early enough to get there hopefully around noontime or so in order to spend the day with you fools.

Anyone have access to one of the portable DirecTV units or other means of watching the afternoon games together during the tailgate? Here is the slate of games that will be on when we are all together:

Cincinnati at Cleveland 1:00 PM
Baltimore at New England 1:00 PM
Tennessee at Jacksonville 1:00 PM
Oakland at Houston 1:00 PM
Seattle at Indianapolis 1:00 PM
NY Giants at Kansas City 1:00 PM
Detroit at Chicago 1:00 PM
Tampa Bay at Washington 1:00 PM

Buffalo at Miami 4:05 PM
NY Jets at New Orleans 4:05 PM
Dallas at Denver 4:15 PM
St. Louis at San Francisco 4:15 PM
Reedsdale Lot fo shizzle. I'll post the directions soon.

buckeyehoppy
04-27-2009, 02:53 PM

I was thinking you were going to blow it off...good to know you'll be there... :stirpot :stirpot :stirpot

AngryAsian
04-27-2009, 02:57 PM
As people chime in on this thread, I'll keep adding names to an updated list via a post entitled "The Planet Pack." It will be a periodic, redundant post that will list all the ones attending the event. Thus far:

Jhansle
Steeld95
Ruthlessburgher
Costanza2k1
Asian
rpmpit
SteelerNation1
BuckeyeHoppy

(Just FYI Flasteel, Oveido and others from the Sunshine State. Roundtrip flights out of Orlando leaving Oct. 3rd and coming back Oct 5th $153.00)

check your calendars. Oct 4th Prime Time Night Game!

WOOOOOOOOO!

buckeyehoppy
04-27-2009, 02:59 PM
I will make my arrangements accordingly...we are ON like TRON, buuuuuuuddies!!!

One thing to note: if anyone wants to split a room downtown, let's talk via PM...Mr. & Mrs. buckeyehoppy are willing to split a room to defray costs and we are willing to stack and pack if necessary.

stlrz d
04-27-2009, 10:03 PM

As of right now I just can't. Things may change, but I'm not counting on it at the moment.

fordfixer
04-27-2009, 10:36 PM
I'm hopefully going to make it. Can't wait :tt1 :tt1 :tt1

Djfan
04-28-2009, 02:38 AM
Sorry guys. I have a contract to DJ a wedding that night. Enjoy!

rpmpit
04-28-2009, 08:11 AM
[quote="stlrz d":29h2qrm8]I can't do a Sunday nighter. Have fun gents! :)

As of right now I just can't. Things may change, but I'm not counting on it at the moment.[/quote:29h2qrm8]

That sux, Bro. Was looking forward to meeting and hanging with you.

RuthlessBurgher
04-28-2009, 09:11 AM

Convince them to move the wedding reception to Pittsburgh.

Who wants to be in crappy old San Diego when you can be in lovely Pittsburgh?

:tt2 :tt1

stlrz d
04-28-2009, 09:31 AM
[quote="stlrz d":1w5yvn49]I can't do a Sunday nighter. Have fun gents! :)

As of right now I just can't. Things may change, but I'm not counting on it at the moment.

That sux, Bro. Was looking forward to meeting and hanging with you.[/quote:1w5yvn49]

I was looking forward to it too. Things may change but as of right now I just can't commit.

Djfan
04-28-2009, 12:24 PM

Convince them to move the wedding reception to Pittsburgh.

Who wants to be in crappy old San Diego when you can be in lovely Pittsburgh?

:tt2 :tt1

I would rather be in the Burgh. People don't think these days.

Jooser
04-28-2009, 10:39 PM
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/This****.jpg

So many can't do it, it's ****.

I'll give my verbal commit now, I'm about 90% sure I can do this one. I can't wait to do this, it's gonna be SHHHWWWEEEEEEEEETTTTTTT!!!!

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/1920x1200ournation.jpg
(Please edit to read: This is Our Planet.)

MeetJoeGreene
05-01-2009, 02:28 PM
I will try. Depending on whether I can get tickets.

SteelerNation1
05-07-2009, 08:43 AM
You can...and you WILL!

RuthlessBurgher
05-07-2009, 09:32 AM

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61nrayZ5LTL._SL500_AA280_.gif

fordfixer
05-07-2009, 10:55 PM
Have any of you checked out the price of tickets online lately WOW I mean just .....WOW :HeadBanger

rpmpit
05-08-2009, 06:28 AM
Have any of you checked out the price of tickets online lately WOW I mean just .....WOW :HeadBanger

Yeah, I noticed the increase as well. I guess winning a Super Bowl will do that to ticket prices. Well, we can't complain. I'd rather pay a little extra to see the Steelers than be a Bengal fan and get cheap tickets!

BIG FAN
05-11-2009, 12:50 PM
Attention Steelers Faithful, there will be another HUGE tailgate on the 27th. of Sept in Cincy for our annual bashing of the Bungles in thier house. All Steelers fans are invited to the Longworth Hall Lot.
Pm me for any additional info, or questions. The more the merrier! As of now there is already a good contingent of us that a lot of younz know from this board and others.

costanza2k1
05-12-2009, 06:24 PM
Attention Steelers Faithful, there will be another HUGE tailgate on the 27th. of Sept in Cincy for our annual bashing of the Bungles in thier house. All Steelers fans are invited to the Longworth Hall Lot.
Pm me for any additional info, or questions. The more the merrier! As of now there is already a good contingent of us that a lot of younz know from this board and others.

I know I already replied once, but if I can make the Cinci game I will, it's shaping up to be one heck of a weekend!

stlrz d
05-12-2009, 06:33 PM
Well my mother works for a very large (global) company and she told me the location here in GB will be having a job fair on Monday and Tuesday. If I should be hired I'll be working again as of June 15th. After 5 weeks of training I'll get my assignment and then be able to plan from there. Plus I'll have more money than what I'm pulling in via unemployment compensation.

I still can't do a prime time game, but the 27th in Cincy is definitely doable if things go right with the employment situation. It would have been better had it remained a 1pm kickoff though.

stlrz d
05-31-2009, 12:31 PM
Well it's official...I start 6/15. 6-8 weeks of in the classroom training and then I'm in the grind. Thanks to all who expressed concerns, words of encouragement, etc.

Oh, the position earns PTO at a rate of around 5 hours per pay period, so that Sunday night game just might be doable for me now! I guess a lot of that will depend on how much $$$ for a ticket. :shock:

:tt2

RuthlessBurgher
05-31-2009, 01:48 PM
Well it's official...I start 6/15. 6-8 weeks of in the classroom training and then I'm in the grind. Thanks to all who expressed concerns, words of encouragement, etc.

Oh, the position earns PTO at a rate of around 5 hours per pay period, so that Sunday night game just might be doable for me now! I guess a lot of that will depend on how much $$$ for a ticket. :shock:

Sincere congrats about the job. Hopefully you will be able to make it to that game with everyone. But for now, get off your lazy butt and get to work!!!

stlrz d
05-31-2009, 01:57 PM

Sincere congrats about the job. Hopefully you will be able to make it to that game with everyone. But for now, get off your lazy butt and get to work!!!

I still have 15 days of freedom left before I'm chained to a desk!

fordfixer
05-31-2009, 03:40 PM
[quote="stlrz d":va6gs4ow]Well it's official...I start 6/15. 6-8 weeks of in the classroom training and then I'm in the grind. Thanks to all who expressed concerns, words of encouragement, etc.

I still have 15 days of freedom left before I'm chained to a desk![/quote:va6gs4ow]

Congrats on the job :tt1

costanza2k1
05-31-2009, 11:06 PM
[quote="stlrz d":3hb8cdec]Well it's official...I start 6/15. 6-8 weeks of in the classroom training and then I'm in the grind. Thanks to all who expressed concerns, words of encouragement, etc.

I still have 15 days of freedom left before I'm chained to a desk![/quote:3hb8cdec]

Sweetness! Good for you...no more Oprah for you. :)

Djfan
06-01-2009, 12:22 AM
Congrats on the job D!

stlrz d
06-01-2009, 12:42 AM
[quote="stlrz d":2iwfutqc]Well it's official...I start 6/15. 6-8 weeks of in the classroom training and then I'm in the grind. Thanks to all who expressed concerns, words of encouragement, etc.

I still have 15 days of freedom left before I'm chained to a desk!

Sweetness! Good for you...no more Oprah for you. :)[/quote:2iwfutqc]

You mean no more "The Price Is Right" for me. :(

Oh, I get it!

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l50/ropewalk_2006/borat.jpg

:P

Thanks for the congrats all...now get this thread back on topic!

costanza2k1
06-01-2009, 02:24 AM
Can't let the thread get back to normal after the making poking Borat picture. I hope they plan Renegade during your orientation! Let me know how that goes.

stlrz d
06-01-2009, 10:31 AM
Can't let the thread get back to normal after the making poking Borat picture. I hope they plan Renegade during your orientation! Let me know how that goes.

If they play Renegade the jig will indeed be up. :D

Jooser
06-02-2009, 06:00 PM

I hope they play Renegade and make you watch FOX 'n Friends every morning! :wft :lol:

Just making more poking, anyways, congrats on the job, I haven't been so lucky, but I'm sure there's a stimulus job waiting for me somewhere. I still plan on making the tailgate though - which game have we decided on by the way?

RuthlessBurgher
06-02-2009, 06:58 PM

I hope they play Renegade and make you watch FOX 'n Friends every morning! :wft :lol:

Just making more poking, anyways, congrats on the job, I haven't been so lucky, but I'm sure there's a stimulus job waiting for me somewhere. I still plan on making the tailgate though - which game have we decided on by the way?

The prime time game against the Chargers on Sunday night, October 4th (Which happens to be my daughter's 5th birthday, but I will still be there. We'll just have to have her birthday party on Saturday the 3rd).

Jooser
06-02-2009, 07:52 PM
Sweet. Anyone have tickets? :Binky

RuthlessBurgher
06-02-2009, 08:01 PM

So far just me and SN1, I believe. The rest of you folks will have to wait until single game tickets go on sale, I suppose.

stlrz d
06-03-2009, 01:21 PM

:moon :lol:

I hope you find something soon...it's scary out there! :shock:

Jooser
06-03-2009, 06:57 PM
I was hoping F 'n Fs would hire me for their photoshop division, but I have no skrills. :loser

Iron Shiek
06-05-2009, 11:23 AM

Haven't been in this thread in a while and just saw this. I will do my best to be there for tailgate...I'm pretty sure I will be going to the game. I was there last year as well...fun times.

Holla!

P.S.- Congrats you the job D...that has to feel pretty good...

stlrz d
06-05-2009, 01:14 PM
Thanks IS!

RuthlessBurgher
06-09-2009, 10:41 AM
For all those that need tickets for our tailgate game...mark your calendars:

http://news.steelers.com/article/105792/

Steelers Individual Game Tickets Available For 2009 Season Through Ticketmaster

PITTSBURGH ó A limited number of individual game tickets for the Steelers 2009 home games are available through Ticketmaster beginning on Saturday, June 20, at 10:00 a.m. This marks the third consecutive season fans will be able to purchase tickets through Ticketmaster.

Fans may buy up to four tickets total for the regular season while there is no limit for the two preseason home contests. A majority of the tickets will be priced at either $59 or $62. However, there will be single seats available at prices ranging from $59-$240.

Tickets will be sold either on http://www.ticketmaster.com or by calling Ticketmasterís new toll free sales line 1-800-745-3000. Tickets will not be sold at Ticketmaster Outlets.

All Accessible seating will also be available through Ticketmaster starting at 10:00 a.m. on June 20th.

Since there are a limited number of tickets available, tickets will be sold out very quickly.

stlrz d
06-09-2009, 11:07 AM
Thanks RB...and I'll assume that's 10am Eastern?

RuthlessBurgher
06-09-2009, 11:24 AM
Thanks RB...and I'll assume that's 10am Eastern?

I think that would be a reasonable assumption.

SteelerNation1
06-10-2009, 07:42 PM
Ok Planet Pack...Here are the details to the 2009 Planet Steelers Tailgate. The tailgate will begin about 6 hours before gametime, so 2 pm. I'll actually be there a bit earlier than that I'm hoping. The Reedsdale parking lot opens as early as 6 am, if interested. :tt2 Seriously though, my crew and I will be there by 1. Maybe earlier, if I can talk the Mrs. into it. :HeadBanger

ANyway, below is a satellite view of where the lot is. It is where Reedsdale street turns into Fontella Ave. Right on the bend. The building is called Mercy Behavioral Health. There is an overpass in the lower lot in case it rains. If the weather is ok we'll be parked in the outer lot right next to Reedsdale/Fontella.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=heinz%20field&sa=N&tab=wl&um=1

Jooser
06-11-2009, 05:55 PM
Ok Planet Pack...Here are the details to the 2009 Planet Steelers Tailgate. The tailgate will begin about 6 hours before gametime, so 2 pm. I'll actually be there a bit earlier than that I'm hoping. The Reedsdale parking lot opens as early as 6 am, if interested. :tt2 Seriously though, my crew and I will be there by 1. Maybe earlier, if I can talk the Mrs. into it. :HeadBanger

ANyway, below is a satellite view of where the lot is. It is where Reedsdale street turns into Fontella Ave. Right on the bend. The building is called Mercy Behavioral Health. There is an overpass in the lower lot in case it rains. If the weather is ok we'll be parked in the outer lot right next to Reedsdale/Fontella.

Thanks SN1, I think a Behavioral Health center is the PERFECT place for a Planet tailgate BTW!!! :lol:

:tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

RuthlessBurgher
06-11-2009, 06:17 PM

Thanks SN1, I think a Behavioral Health center is the PERFECT place for a Planet tailgate BTW!!! :lol:

Yeah, no kidding. If I see a straightjacket made entirely of Terrible Towels there, I will realize that the PlanetSteeler tailgate was a grand scheme by you folks to have me committed once and for all.

Jooser
06-11-2009, 06:55 PM
Once we had the straight jacket in place, we'd not waste our time committing you RB, we'd role you into one the three rivers at our disposal. LOL :shock: :D

RuthlessBurgher
06-11-2009, 07:15 PM
Once we had the straight jacket in place, we'd not waste our time committing you RB, we'd role you into one the three rivers at our disposal. LOL :shock: :D

Don't worry...I float. Assuming that I am able to survive the stench as I float past Cincinnati, I will eventually be washed down all the way to the Gulf of Mexico. Then I'll doggie paddle to Miami. After spending 3 months in the water, I will emerge for the game against the Dolphins on 1-3-10 at Landshark Stadium. I'll hang around South Florida for a month until we return there for the Super Bowl on 2-7-10. I'll send you folks a post card. :D

Jigawatts
06-12-2009, 08:00 AM

That's exactly what I thought the time I met up with SN1 and crew.

It's nice mingling with some of the clients when they have "yard time." :lol:

SteelerNation1
06-12-2009, 09:41 AM
Yeah, no kidding. If I see a straightjacket made entirely of Terrible Towels there, I will realize that the PlanetSteeler tailgate was a grand scheme by you folks to have me committed once and for all.
Damn, RB is on to us.

I do like your floating down to Miami idea. It reminds me of something ridiculously similar I did in 1998.

At 3 Rivers Stadium I would bring a blow-up helmet and a nerf football into the games (why? I have no idea, but it became superstition after a while). Anyway, one of the early season games in '98, one of the security guys made me open up this blow-up helmet and saw that I had a nerf ball inside. He proceeds to tell me I can't bring it into the game. I start to freak out and then, it hit me. The Super Bowl is in New Orleans i thought. So, I chucked the nerf ball into the river. My buddy starts laughing asks why I did that. I told him the ball would float down the Ohio river, hook up with the Mississippi river and float all the way down to the gulf. I told him it would probably arrive in New Orleans for the Super Bowl!!!!! He still laughs about this to this day. So, moral of this story is the 1998 season was sabotaged by that security guard not allowing me to bring my ball into the stadium. Some say 1998 was bad because of Kordell's awful play. Now you know the real reason we went 7-9. :D :D :D

SteelerNation1
06-12-2009, 09:42 AM

How do think I met up with Shiek??? You guessed it..."yard time." :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jigawatts
06-12-2009, 11:19 AM

How do think I met up with Shiek??? You guessed it..."yard time." :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now that I think about it, when I first saw Shiek he was wandering around the corner...

looked kind of shady. :lol:

fordfixer
06-12-2009, 07:57 PM

So far just me and SN1, I believe. The rest of you folks will have to wait until single game tickets go on sale, I suppose.

So RuthlessBurgher Old buddy just how many tickets do you have :lol: :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
06-12-2009, 11:23 PM

You'll have to kill my father for that ticket. Unfortunately for you, he's roughly the size of LaMarr Woodley (even though he is 53 years old), and I'm roughly the size of Lawrence Timmons. Unfortunately for us, most of our weight isn't attributable to lean muscle like those linebackers. :D

fordfixer
06-13-2009, 12:58 AM

You'll have to kill my father for that ticket. Unfortunately for you, he's roughly the size of LaMarr Woodley (even though he is 53 years old), and I'm roughly the size of Lawrence Timmons. Unfortunately for us, most of our weight isn't attributable to lean muscle like those linebackers. :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:

fordfixer
06-13-2009, 03:21 PM

So how do I get in contact with your father? Maybe he will have an extra ticket after he finds out you wanted him killed for his ticket :lol: :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
06-13-2009, 03:38 PM

So how do I get in contact with your father? Maybe he will have an extra ticket after he finds out you wanted him killed for his ticket :lol: :lol:

Sounds like we have a plot for "Throw Momma from the Train II: Kill Dad for His Ticket" You can be Danny DeVito. :lol:

Jooser
06-15-2009, 10:05 AM
So, what's on the menu for the tailgate? We gonna grill out, or just show up with some "covered dishes" ? LOL. Just letting you know, if we kill RB or his pop for a ticket, they aren't on the menu, right? :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
06-15-2009, 10:20 AM
So, what's on the menu for the tailgate? We gonna grill out, or just show up with some "covered dishes" ? LOL. Just letting you know, if we kill RB or his pop for a ticket, they aren't on the menu, right? :lol:

I don't taste like chicken. :moon :P

Jooser
06-15-2009, 07:05 PM

I thought you'd prolly taste like Sasquatch! LMAO! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
06-15-2009, 08:41 PM

I thought you'd prolly taste like Sasquatch! LMAO! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f333/GreyHawk121/BushSasquatch.gifhttp://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x91/HolySinz/MessinWithSasquatch_1.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/05Fu7dkdrG5z6/340x.jpg

Jooser
06-15-2009, 09:29 PM
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/boulder1280x1024.jpg

fordfixer
06-15-2009, 10:02 PM

How about turkey? :lol:

Jooser
06-16-2009, 01:24 AM

How about turkey? :lol:

http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu284/jersey07011/lmaoFunny31.gif

Jigawatts
06-20-2009, 10:19 AM
Just got my tickets.

I'm BOUT IT BOUT IT.

:tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1

stlrz d
06-20-2009, 10:23 AM
I got one too. Section 525 Row L Seat William Gay.

That doesn't guarantee I'm going to be able to go though. Just that I'll have a ticket if I can go, or one to sell if I can't. :P

Jigawatts
06-20-2009, 10:25 AM
Sec 527 row dd seat 3 and..
Sec 527 row aa seat 3

RuthlessBurgher
06-20-2009, 10:27 AM
Sec 527 row aa seat 3

Are you going to let Mrs. Jiga sit 3 rows in front of you?

Jigawatts
06-20-2009, 10:34 AM
Sec 527 row aa seat 3

No, me and a buddy are going. If he can't go then I'll have an extra ticket just in case one of
you didn't get one.

Mrs. Jiga and I + friend and wife are going to the Oakland game in December. Already have
the tickets lined up from friend of a friend who has season tickets.

I'll have to use strz d's tips on cold weather for that game or I'm gonna have to leave Mrs. Jiga
at home. Last time she went to a game it was the 2007 Seattle game when she was pregnant
and it was about 80 degrees. I swore I'd never take her to another game after that. :twisted:

She cost me about $20 in water... the most abundant resource on earth. :x :lol:

stlrz d
06-20-2009, 10:37 AM
Sec 527 row aa seat 3

No, me and a buddy are going. If he can't go then I'll have an extra ticket just in case one of
you didn't get one.

Mrs. Jiga and I + friend and wife are going to the Oakland game in December. Already have

I'll have to use strz d's tips on cold weather for that game or I'm gonna have to leave Mrs. Jiga
at home. Last time she went to a game it was the 2007 Seattle game when she was pregnant
and it was about 80 degrees. I swore I'd never take her to another game after that. :twisted:

Follow it to the letter and it's guaranteed to work. Unless you're just a wuss of course! :P

Speaking of weather, what's the typical weather for an early October evening in the 'Burgh...from a temperature standpoint?

Jigawatts
06-20-2009, 10:39 AM
Follow it to the letter and it's guaranteed to work. Unless you're just a wuss of course! :P

Dude, I bookmarked that page. Still have to get the 1 piece thremo suit thing. Those are more
expensive than I thought. But I could use them for work anyway, so it won't bother me as much
to spend the dough.

stlrz d
06-20-2009, 10:42 AM

Dude, I bookmarked that page. Still have to get the 1 piece thremo suit thing. Those are more
expensive than I thought. But I could use them for work anyway, so it won't bother me as much
to spend the dough.

I got mine at a sporting goods store for only $25. Check around and you may find a decent price. Heck, they may even have them at Walmart!

I just did a google search and found a site where they are $40, but I think if you look around you can do better than that.

http://www.supercasuals.com/Duofold/Duofold_400F.cfm

Jigawatts
06-20-2009, 10:47 AM
[quote="stlrz d":22d6gxft]Follow it to the letter and it's guaranteed to work. Unless you're just a wuss of course! :P

to spend the dough.

I got mine at a sporting goods store for only $25. Check around and you may find a decent price. Heck, they may even have them at Walmart!

I just did a google search and found a site where they are $40, but I think if you look around you can do better than that.

http://www.supercasuals.com/Duofold/Duofold_400F.cfm[/quote:22d6gxft]

I'll check around. It's time to get serious now. :Beer

RuthlessBurgher
06-20-2009, 12:43 PM
Sec 527 row aa seat 3

you didn't get one.

Had a game like that with my wife too. It was a scorcher and by the time the 3rd quarter rolled around, she couldn't take it anymore. She ended up watching the end of the game on TV in the Great Hall from the Cope's Cabana bleachers. I stayed at our seats (I didn't drive 5+ hours to watch it on TV) and ended up with half my face absolutely scorched with sunburn. Kinda like this, except I burned the other side (our seats face south and the sun sets in the west).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/blue1622/3-TDK_Two-Face_Harvey-Dent.jpg

SteelerNation1
06-20-2009, 01:50 PM
d and jig,
If either of you guys come to a game wearing this...

http://www.sacksstore.com/images/Duofold/Duofold%20Unionsuit.gif

YOU'LL BE DEAD TO ME!!!!!!! :wft :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
06-20-2009, 02:02 PM
d and jig,

They prefer the footie pajamas with the trap door flap in the back! :lol:

http://www.lookatmeshirts.com/uploadedfiles/real/84_flap%20attack.jpg

SteelerNation1
06-20-2009, 02:04 PM
d and jig,

They prefer the footie pajamas with the trap door flap in the back! :lol:

http://www.lookatmeshirts.com/uploadedfiles/real/84_flap%20attack.jpg
:Clap :Clap :Clap Well played!

Jigawatts
06-20-2009, 02:31 PM
Do they have those in black and gold? :lol:

stlrz d
06-21-2009, 12:17 AM
d and jig,

I would never wear them in October. That's extreme weather stuff there.

And how would you know anyway? :shock:

Btw RB, union suits do have the trap door in the back. When you're all layered up you can't take all the top layers off just to do your business. :moon

RuthlessBurgher
06-21-2009, 11:32 AM
Do they have those in black and gold? :lol:

http://www.fun-family-pajamas.com/images/pajamasdropseat.jpg

papillon
07-07-2009, 08:20 AM
I don't want to read through this entire thread to determine what game has been selected as the PlanetSteelers tailgate game, so, could someone please let me know which game has been selected and where everyo9ne will be meeting.

If our family happens to be in Pittsburgh that weekend we can at least stop by and tailgate and watch the game in a pub or sports bar.

I am getting a friends tickets for a game this upcoming year, but, I don't know which one yet.

Pappy

RuthlessBurgher
07-07-2009, 09:11 AM
I don't want to read through this entire thread to determine what game has been selected as the PlanetSteelers tailgate game, so, could someone please let me know which game has been selected and where everyo9ne will be meeting.

If our family happens to be in Pittsburgh that weekend we can at least stop by and tailgate and watch the game in a pub or sports bar.

I am getting a friends tickets for a game this upcoming year, but, I don't know which one yet.

Pappy

It's the Sunday Night Primetime game against San Diego on October 4th.

papillon
07-07-2009, 09:27 AM

Pappy

It's the Sunday Night Primetime game against San Diego on October 4th.

Well, that leaves us out, We're usually on the road back to our locale by Sunday afternoon when we're in visiting.

Oh well, I'll check in and see who will be at the game for which we get the tickets from my friends.

Pappy

Jigawatts
08-03-2009, 01:59 PM
For those out-of-towners...

A co-worker of mine is going to the August 13th game vs. the Super Bowl loser Arizona
Cardinals. She used priceline and got the downtown Hilton for $76 with taxes included.

I think she submitted a 2 Star in the Downtown Area and that's what she ended up with,
so priceline may be a good option for some of you.

fordfixer
08-15-2009, 12:10 AM
Wooooo Hooooo I just got tickets. :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1
Now I just have to get a Plane ticket, and a place to stay. Oh ya and the money to pay for it all.

MeetJoeGreene
08-17-2009, 02:45 PM
Looks like I scored a ticket -- so as of right now, I will be at the game/tailgate.

What time does the tailgate start again??? 10: AM

:tt1 :Cheers :tt2 :Beer

fordfixer
08-18-2009, 12:31 AM
It's a real slow night tonight, so I reread the all the post to see who is coming to the tailgate/game. If I missed someone please let us know or, If you are listed and can't make it please let us know. As of now I have:

1. Costanza
2. Rpmpit
3. Ruthless
4. Hoppy
5. Steelernation1
6. Jhansle
7. Steeld95
8. Asian
9. Iron Shiek
10. Jigawatts
11. Jooser
12. Stlr d
13. Meetjoegreen
14. Fordfixer

Anyone I'm missing ? It should be a great time :tt1 :tt1

AngryAsian
08-18-2009, 03:54 PM
It's a real slow night tonight, so I reread the all the post to see who is coming to the tailgate/game. If I missed someone please let us know or, If you are listed and can't make it please let us know. As of now I have:

1. Costanza
2. Rpmpit
3. Ruthless
4. Hoppy
5. Steelernation1
6. Jhansle
7. Steeld95
8. Asian
9. Iron Shiek
10. Jigawatts
11. Jooser
12. Stlr d
13. Meetjoegreen
14. Fordfixer

I'm ****ting eggrolls just looking at that line-up. :shock:

stlrz d
08-18-2009, 09:13 PM

1. Costanza
2. Rpmpit
3. Ruthless
4. Hoppy
5. Steelernation1
6. Jhansle
7. Steeld95
8. Asian
9. Iron Shiek
10. Jigawatts
11. Jooser
12. Stlr d
13. Meetjoegreen
14. Fordfixer

There's a mistake...I should be higher on the depth chart.

RuthlessBurgher
08-18-2009, 09:32 PM

1. Costanza
2. Rpmpit
3. Ruthless
4. Hoppy
5. Steelernation1
6. Jhansle
7. Steeld95
8. Asian
9. Iron Shiek
10. Jigawatts
11. Jooser
12. Stlr d
13. Meetjoegreen
14. Fordfixer

Stop complaining! You got the Bradshaw spot. I got Skippy. Strangely enough, they are equally strange characters. Coincidence? I think not. :lol:

stlrz d
08-18-2009, 09:44 PM

1. Costanza
2. Rpmpit
3. Ruthless
4. Hoppy
5. Steelernation1
6. Jhansle
7. Steeld95
8. Asian
9. Iron Shiek
10. Jigawatts
11. Jooser
12. Stlr d
13. Meetjoegreen
14. Fordfixer

Stop complaining! You got the Bradshaw spot. I got Skippy. Strangely enough, they are equally strange characters. Coincidence? I think not. :lol:

Can I go back in time and make a run at JoJo? I'm not singing any country music though...but I will stand look out if you wanna have a go at the paper towel dispenser in a Sheetz. :D

RuthlessBurgher
08-18-2009, 09:51 PM
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j141/ECKoolAid/lolsports/Reed.jpg

fordfixer
08-19-2009, 12:25 AM

1. Costanza
2. Rpmpit
3. Ruthless
4. Hoppy
5. Steelernation1
6. Jhansle
7. Steeld95
8. Asian
9. Iron Shiek
10. Jigawatts
11. Jooser
12. Stlr d
13. Meetjoegreen
14. Fordfixer

The names are in no particular Order :roll:

fordfixer
08-19-2009, 12:26 AM

1. Costanza
2. Rpmpit
3. Ruthless
4. Hoppy
5. Steelernation1
6. Jhansle
7. Steeld95
8. Asian
9. Iron Shiek
10. Jigawatts
11. Jooser
12. Stlr d
13. Meetjoegreen
14. Fordfixer

Is that a good thing? :shock:

RuthlessBurgher
08-19-2009, 09:03 AM

1. Costanza
2. Rpmpit
3. Ruthless
4. Hoppy
5. Steelernation1
6. Jhansle
7. Steeld95
8. Asian
9. Iron Shiek
10. Jigawatts
11. Jooser
12. Stlr d
13. Meetjoegreen
14. Fordfixer

No you've gone and made costanza cry! His #1 ranking was supposed to mean something! It was supposed to be the summer of George!

Jooser
08-19-2009, 09:35 AM
SERENITY NOW!!!!!!!

stlrz d
08-19-2009, 10:59 AM
No you've gone and made costanza cry! His #1 ranking was supposed to mean something! It was supposed to be the summer of George!

So who's fragile Frankie Merman? :D

Jigawatts
08-19-2009, 11:18 AM

1. Costanza
2. Rpmpit
3. Ruthless
4. Hoppy
5. Steelernation1
6. Jhansle
7. Steeld95
8. Asian
9. Iron Shiek
10. Jigawatts
11. Jooser
12. Stlr d
13. Meetjoegreen
14. Fordfixer

Why am I number 10?

MeetJoeGreene
08-19-2009, 12:39 PM
Why am I number 10?

Either

a:) inaccurate passer with inability to read defenses who cries on the sidelines
b;) growths on the side of your face
c: late night visits to Schenley Park for "rendevous"
d:) dope-smoking, girlfriend-beating, mass procreator.
e:) all of the above.

MeetJoeGreene
08-19-2009, 12:40 PM
For all out of towners:

Is anyone coming in the night before and partying it up downtown or southside????

Jigawatts
08-19-2009, 03:00 PM
Why am I number 10?

Either

a:) inaccurate passer with inability to read defenses who cries on the sidelines

That's better than this.

http://theburningriver.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/brady-quinn.jpg

RuthlessBurgher
08-19-2009, 03:36 PM
Why am I number 10?

Either

That's better than this.

http://theburningriver.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/brady-quinn.jpg

I think he also qualifies for both (a.) and most certainly for (c.)

Iron Shiek
08-28-2009, 04:07 PM

Now that I think about it, when I first saw Shiek he was wandering around the corner...

:wft :wft :wft

I just now am seeing this. Eff you both!

fordfixer
08-28-2009, 10:16 PM

:wft :wft :wft

I just now am seeing this. Eff you both!

Did you just get computer time back? :lol:

Iron Shiek
08-29-2009, 12:39 AM
Not only that but I got a new paddle ball contraption for good behavior!

http://gizkid.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/bounce-back-paddle-ball.jpg

AngryAsian
09-01-2009, 09:30 AM
This Sunday I will be finding out whether my plans to come hang with you guys will be a "GO" or a "NO." My new director is being quite firm with the schedule and has informed me that the OCT 4th game will be a work day for me. The only other manager that can trade with me will not be coming back from vacation until Sept. 6th. I'll know then. This has absolutely sucks!!!

Jigawatts
09-01-2009, 01:17 PM
This Sunday I will be finding out whether my plans to come hang with you guys will be a "GO" or a "NO." My new director is being quite firm with the schedule and has informed me that the OCT 4th game will be a work day for me. The only other manager that can trade with me will not be coming back from vacation until Sept. 6th. I'll know then. This has absolutely sucks!!!

:wft Asian, don't you have some ninjas that you can dispatch to persuade your director?

http://www.allfunnypictures.com/images2/ninjas.jpg

AngryAsian
09-01-2009, 07:39 PM

:wft Asian, don't you have some ninjas that you can dispatch to persuade your director?

I'm only saying this once, because I really like you and consider you one of the more valued posters. If you continue to use Ruthlessburgher's and Chadman's high school wrestling pics as a form of ridicule, speaking for the moderators... we will have to band you.

(Don't worry Ruthless, Chadman... Asian has your back) :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
09-01-2009, 07:45 PM

I'm only saying this once, because I really like you and consider you one of the more valued posters. If you continue to use Ruthlessburgher's and Chadman's high school wrestling pics as a form of ridicule, speaking for the moderators... we will have to band you.

(Don't worry Ruthless, Chadman... Asian has your back) :lol:

If anybody is wearing the costumes shown above, I don't want you anywhere near my back. :wink: :lol:

Jooser
09-01-2009, 08:35 PM

Now that's fugging funny as hell! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

stlrz d
09-01-2009, 08:59 PM
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l50/ropewalk_2006/ninjas.jpg

Jooser
09-04-2009, 01:52 PM
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l50/ropewalk_2006/ninjas.jpg
That's even better! :wft A?

Djfan
09-07-2009, 12:23 PM
And you wonder why I'm not going to the tailgate??

Djfan
09-07-2009, 12:45 PM
BTW, who's coming to Denver on 11/9?

RuthlessBurgher
09-07-2009, 01:05 PM
BTW, who's coming to Denver on 11/9?

I doubt that Ryan Clark will be able to make it.

buckeyehoppy
09-07-2009, 03:48 PM
For all out of towners:

Is anyone coming in the night before and partying it up downtown or southside????

Going to try and do all of that. At this point, $$$ is a bit tight, but that could change in the next month. Wanted to come in Saturday anyway to avoid a rush, tho. If we come in Saturday, let's talk and arrange something.

AngryAsian
09-07-2009, 06:28 PM
Is there anybody getting into town on the day of the game that will be needing to kill some time in the morning (shopping for Steeler memorabilia). My projected flight will be in at 11am, check in to the hotel (earliest I could find is 9 miles from the stadium) is at 2 PM. What time does the tailgating festivities start? I'll know this Thursday if I will be a show or no show.

RuthlessBurgher
09-07-2009, 08:25 PM
Is there anybody getting into town on the day of the game that will be needing to kill some time in the morning (shopping for Steeler memorabilia). My projected flight will be in at 11am, check in to the hotel (earliest I could find is 9 miles from the stadium) is at 2 PM. What time does the tailgating festivities start? I'll know this Thursday if I will be a show or no show.

I'll probably try to get in town for 1:00 or 2:00, so I'd be ready to start tailgating at that point, with early afternoon slate of games going on. (By the way, does anyone have access to a DirecTV Sat-Go portable satellite TV system, or does anyone that has the Sunday Ticket at home also have a Slingbox and a wireless internet card for a laptop, so we can watch some of the afternoon games together in the parking lot?)

Iron Shiek
09-08-2009, 08:01 AM

I'll probably try to get in town for 1:00 or 2:00, so I'd be ready to start tailgating at that point, with early afternoon slate of games going on. (By the way, does anyone have access to a DirecTV Sat-Go portable satellite TV system, or does anyone that has the Sunday Ticket at home also have a Slingbox and a wireless internet card for a laptop, so we can watch some of the afternoon games together in the parking lot?)

That would be ideal! I don't unfortunately. I have Sunday Ticket and Superfan...so I can watch on my phone but my battery will last like an hour if I do that.

We may end up catching the majority of the 1 oclock games at a nearby bar then roll over to the tailgate 3ish...but plans are not set in stone.

ColumbusSteelerFan
09-11-2009, 12:02 AM
Well, I finally made it back. I'll detail my absence later, but am I glad football is back! What a win tonight!!!

My Dad and I will be at the game in Detroit on October 11th. This is the first time either of us will see Ben play in person (our last game was in Cincy in 2003) so we are PUMPED to finally get to go again. If there's anyone else going, let me know.

Jooser
09-14-2009, 03:31 PM
I'm still looking for reasonable tickets.... :HeadBanger

Iron Shiek
09-14-2009, 03:55 PM

Dude, you are better off buying them day of. I know its nice to have them in hand, but I gamble everytime I go there and end up getting awesome seats at very ideal prices. I got about 15th row behind Steelers bench for $125 a piece for the AFC Playoff game against Chargers last year. I waited it out too, they really try dumping them in the last couple hours and you can talk em down.

Stay patient my friend.

fordfixer
09-14-2009, 04:50 PM

PM me

Jigawatts
09-15-2009, 02:38 PM

What's the word? Are we one Asian short of a party or what?

fordfixer
09-15-2009, 08:58 PM

I can't speak for Asian, but Fordfixer is out. Maybe next time. :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger

Jigawatts
09-15-2009, 09:09 PM

I can't speak for Asian, but Fordfixer is out. Maybe next time. :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger

:wft

fordfixer
09-15-2009, 09:32 PM

:wft

Some things came up that will keep me from making it, nothing bad though.

AngryAsian
09-15-2009, 09:59 PM
Well, I'm 90% there.

Tonight (6pm EST) got the go ahead from work.

Then got the thumbs up from the lovely wife.

Got a great deal on priceline.com.

Got the best game-shuttle service in the biz, RUTHLESS-RENT-A-SERVICE. (They had a special for Asians... only 2 chickens and one juicy cat) :lol:

Now game tickets is all.

Big shout out to my boy FordFixer for offering a down and out Asian-brother a ticket, but that would of left him one ticket left. I know there were other of our brethren still needing tix in pairs so I said, I'll go eBay if need be. Have to let him go where the need is greater. Looking forward to seeing most of you guys there. Ruthless had a great idea involving the "rotunda."

fordfixer
09-15-2009, 11:39 PM
Well, I'm 90% there.

Got the best game-shuttle service in the biz, RUTHLESS-RENT-A-SERVICE. (They had a special for Asians... only 2 chickens and one juicy cat) :lol:

Now game tickets is all.

Big shout out to my boy FordFixer for offering a down and out Asian-brother a ticket, but that would of left him one ticket left. I know there were other of our brethren still needing tix in pairs so I said, I'll go eBay if need be. Have to let him go where the need is greater. Looking forward to seeing most of you guys there. Ruthless had a great idea involving the "rotunda."

O.K. now that I can't go Ruthless has a "great idea" your killing me what is it?

AngryAsian
09-15-2009, 11:57 PM
Well, I'm 90% there.

Now game tickets is all.

O.K. now that I can't go Ruthless has a "great idea" your killing me what is it?

Just an idea for the short brothers... standing there as a group. Since all of our collective seats will undoubtedly be separate. Who knows, for all we know we might not meet up at all. The last time we all tried to meet up for a game, misfires happened. I hope we can be a little more organized.

fordfixer
09-16-2009, 12:11 AM
Here's to hoping you all have a great time and are all able to hook up :tt1 :tt1

RuthlessBurgher
09-16-2009, 09:34 AM
Here's to hoping you all have a great time and are all able to hook up :tt1 :tt1

I wouldn't go THAT far! :shock: :lol:

Jooser
09-16-2009, 09:46 AM
Thanks for the tix Fordfixer, looks like Jooser and Mrs. Jooser are Burgh bound! :tt2 Now to keep yinz away from the Mrs.....hmmm! :D

Jigawatts
09-16-2009, 12:20 PM
I've already got a spot on the rotunda reserved.

I will not be hooking up with anyone there.

RuthlessBurgher
09-16-2009, 12:31 PM
I've already got a spot on the rotunda reserved.

I will not be hooking up with anyone there.

Sure you won't. We believe you. :wink:

http://i36.tinypic.com/24mcguu.jpg

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/PHOTOSHOP%20CONTESTS/PLANETPEOPLE-1.jpg

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u62/niqueoh/SN1andtheJig.jpg

Jigawatts
09-16-2009, 12:33 PM
What's funny is how natural Shiek looks as a naughty police officer. :lol: :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
09-16-2009, 01:33 PM
What's funny is how natural Shiek looks as a naughty police officer. :lol: :lol:

The other 5 were photoshopped in, but I think Shiek was actually the Village People cop. :lol:

Iron Shiek
09-16-2009, 02:10 PM

The other 5 were photoshopped in, but I think Shiek was actually the Village People cop. :lol:

8) :HeadBanger :oops:

:moon :moon :moon :moon :moon :moon :moon