PDA

View Full Version : The Lynch Trifecta?

Iron Shiek
02-16-2009, 11:47 AM
Okay everyone, put your thinking caps on. What would be a fitting crime to round out Lynch's Crime Trifecta. Surely it must be coming within a year. I mean, last offseason he ran a woman over. This offseason, he outdoes himself with an actual weapon that isn't a vehicle with gun possession. Is he going for the ultimate? Bomb possession?

MeetJoeGreene
02-16-2009, 12:16 PM
He will shoot himself in the leg after crashing his car through a Sheetz store and into the bathroom in an attempt to destroy an empty towel dispenser.

AngryAsian
02-16-2009, 12:20 PM
Maybe this is some kind of anglo thing... but what in the name of Bruce Lee are you talking about?

MeetJoeGreene
02-16-2009, 12:21 PM
Maybe this is some kind of anglo thing... but what in the name of Bruce Lee are you talking about?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=a ... &type=lgns (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-bills-lyncharrested&prov=ap&type=lgns)

RuthlessBurgher
02-16-2009, 12:22 PM

Marshawn Lynch, Plaxico Burress, Jeff Reed...just boys behaving badly in general (and only one of those guys is Anglo...although I think Skippy might be part alien or something)

Snatch98
02-16-2009, 12:23 PM
Honestly I feel bad for the guy. He loves the game and loves his team. He always looks like he's having a good time and I think he's hilarious. He also runs tough. The dude didn't run over a woman he apparently grazed a woman and put something like 6 stitches in here leg and while at Cal U was involved in a drive-by shooting so really I can't blame the guy for having a gun. However it shouldn't be unregistered, I still don't understand that bit with any player in the NFL. Why not just register your damn gun?

AngryAsian
02-16-2009, 12:30 PM
Thanks for the 411 guys.

Flasteel
02-16-2009, 12:57 PM
...and while at Cal U was involved in a drive-by shooting so really I can't blame the guy for having a gun. However it shouldn't be unregistered, I still don't understand that bit with any player in the NFL. Why not just register your damn gun?

Wait a minute Snatch. He was involved in a drive-by shooting while at Cal so he can't be blamed for having a gun? When you say he was involved, I'm guessing he was a random target, otherwise he should have no business anywhere near a gun. As a matter of fact, these knuckleheads should leave any guns they own at home for self defense. If they're out bouncin' around the town, let a small security attachment handle the weapons.

Football players with weapons in public = morons who are trying to live up to the gangsta image.

SteelerNation1
02-16-2009, 01:03 PM
I think he's going to run over his own (unregistered) gun, thus shooting himself in the leg.

Discipline of Steel
02-16-2009, 01:56 PM
Come on, take a look at him. Rastamon Lynch is going to get busted with weed.

SteelBucks
02-16-2009, 02:25 PM
He will shoot himself in the leg after crashing his car through a Sheetz store and into the bathroom in an attempt to destroy an empty towel dispenser.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Snatch98
02-16-2009, 03:18 PM
...and while at Cal U was involved in a drive-by shooting so really I can't blame the guy for having a gun. However it shouldn't be unregistered, I still don't understand that bit with any player in the NFL. Why not just register your damn gun?

Wait a minute Snatch. He was involved in a drive-by shooting while at Cal so he can't be blamed for having a gun? When you say he was involved, I'm guessing he was a random target, otherwise he should have no business anywhere near a gun. As a matter of fact, these knuckleheads should leave any guns they own at home for self defense. If they're out bouncin' around the town, let a small security attachment handle the weapons.

Football players with weapons in public = morons who are trying to live up to the gangsta image.

Yes, he was apparently a random target from what I read. There was actually a large segment on guns in the NFL on Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel. The segment essentially confirms that a large percentage of players in the NFL are gun owners and some carry unregistered weapons. I don't have a problem with a player carrying a gun in a vehicle if the gun is registered especially when you consider the high profile nature of most in the NFL. Either way it was stupid and he's going to pay for it.

EDIT: He also didn't have the gun in public. He was pulled over and the gun was confiscated so I'm assuming the officer asked him if he had any weapons in the vehicle and Marshawn handed over the weapon.

Iron Shiek
02-16-2009, 03:50 PM
As was reported on Sirius (haven't read any details anywhere). The car was in a parking lot at around 6 pm and an officer came by. Lynch and two other guys were in the car that Lynch didn't even own or was driving. Don't really know how the gun was identified (whether there was a search or it was offerred up), but apparently it was in the trunk. And in some way it was identified that it belonged to Lynch.

That is the most I've heard of it...again don't know how credible it is, but NFL Radio is my source.

eniparadoxgma
02-17-2009, 06:19 PM
Not sure of the details, but registering a handgun in California isn't the easiest thing. If he was just traveling through, all he had to do was put the unloaded gun in some type of box or container.

California Penal Code section 12025 does not prevent a citizen of the United States over 18 years of age who is not lawfully prohibited from firearm possession, and who resides or is temporarily in California, from transporting by motor vehicle any pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person provided the firearm is unloaded and stored in a locked container.

The term "locked container" means a secure container which is fully enclosed and locked by a padlock, key lock, combination lock, or similar locking device. This includes the trunk of a motor vehicle, but does not include the utility or glove compartment. For more information, refer to California Penal Code Section 12026.1.

Just sounds like idiocy to me.

Jom112
02-17-2009, 06:30 PM
I think he's going to run over his own (unregistered) gun, thus shooting himself in the leg.

If he does all that while wearing his own Jersey, then he's got Plax and Henry beat...

Chavezz
02-17-2009, 08:01 PM

If he does all that while wearing his own Jersey, then he's got Plax and Henry beat...

That was the most embarrassing thing about the Chris Henry situation. Dude was wearing his own jersey when he got busted.

Who does that?

Chadman
02-17-2009, 08:02 PM
Let Chadman finish this off for you...

He will shoot himself in the leg after crashing his car through a Sheetz store and into the bathroom in an attempt to destroy an empty towel dispenser........

that was involved in a 'domestic dispute' with his estranged former cheeleader girlfriend (who was fired from the Cheats squad for writing on drunk, passed out friends & posting these pics on facebook), who is the mother of 5 of his 23 children. He will later be charged with resisting arrest, assaulting a police officer & failing a DUI, but only after taking a dump on his unpaid parking tickets that he recieved while selling cocaine. Upon his arrest, he will 'become' a snow angel (and be fined $10 000 by the NFL) before throwing snowballs at onlookers, pull out a cell phone from his sock & call his mom while scribbling his autograph on a policeman's hat with a sharpie he procured from his other sock before finally mooning everyone involved.

MeetJoeGreene
02-18-2009, 12:42 PM

He will shoot himself in the leg after crashing his car through a Sheetz store and into the bathroom in an attempt to destroy an empty towel dispenser........

that was involved in a 'domestic dispute' with his estranged former cheeleader girlfriend (who was fired from the Cheats squad for writing on drunk, passed out friends & posting these pics on facebook), who is the mother of 5 of his 23 children. He will later be charged with resisting arrest, assaulting a police officer & failing a DUI, but only after taking a dump on his unpaid parking tickets that he recieved while selling cocaine. Upon his arrest, he will 'become' a snow angel (and be fined $10 000 by the NFL) before throwing snowballs at onlookers, pull out a cell phone from his sock & call his mom while scribbling his autograph on a policeman's hat with a sharpie he procured from his other sock before finally mooning everyone involved.

Snow Angels??? Now you are just being silly.

RuthlessBurgher
02-18-2009, 01:14 PM

Snow Angels??? Now you are just being silly.

Tell that to Wes Welker.

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/1224/nfl_i_welker_600.jpg

Iron Shiek
02-18-2009, 11:48 PM
Lynch is going to be in some big trouble with the league it appears. Tim Ryan said today that it was reported that there was some weed found in the car as well. Haven't seen that in writing anywhere...but there's the trifecta for you.

Hit and Run last year, gun possession and weed possession this year. Dude is getting suspended. Fred Jackson takes over and blows up.

Discipline of Steel
02-19-2009, 01:56 AM
Ha! I called it...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9225 ... h?MSNHPHMA (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9225628/Police:-Marijuana-smell-prompted-search-of-Lynch?MSNHPHMA)

Police: Marijuana smell prompted search of Lynch

Updated: February 18, 2009, 11:31 PM EST CULVER CITY, Calif. (AP) - Officers who arrested Buffalo Bills running back Marshawn Lynch last week for possessing a loaded gun decided to search him after noticing the smell of marijuana coming from the vehicle he occupied, police said Wednesday.

Lynch and two other men were sitting in a parked Mercedes Benz with no license plates and dark, tinted windows on Feb. 11 when officers approached to investigate if the car was stolen, said police Capt. Dave Tankenson.

The officers smelled marijuana and searched the car and its occupants, finding four marijuana cigarettes and an unregistered 9 mm pistol, Tankenson said. Officers were unsure if the drugs belonged to Lynch.

Lynch's attorney, Gerald Schwartzbach, said the running back was not booked on any drug violations. He said he had not seen a copy of the police report and would not comment further.

Tankenson said the Los Angeles County district attorney's office will decide whether to charge Lynch with possessing the gun by the end of the week.

Even if Lynch is not charged and convicted, he could face disciplinary action from the NFL for violating the league's personal conduct policy.