PDA

View Full Version : WR Wanted

NorthCoast
02-15-2009, 09:53 AM
If we are going to continue to run the 'bunch' formation and suffer from a shoddy OL, then I think we need to grab a shifty, quick WR who can get open on short routes. Aside from Hines, we don't have another (and you could argue that even Hines struggles on the short route).

Does anyone have any ideas on a FA or draftee that might fit the bill? I want to fill out my mock.

steelz09
02-15-2009, 09:55 AM
That same "shifty" WR needs to be our PR and KR

MeetJoeGreene
02-15-2009, 11:54 AM
ARE ....

after the skins cut him and we sign him to a vet min or very reasonable 1-2 year deal.

stlrz d
02-15-2009, 12:08 PM
ARE ....

after the skins cut him and we sign him to a vet min or very reasonable 1-2 year deal.

That's fine by me...get some creativity back in this offense!

Steel Life
02-15-2009, 12:40 PM
Supposedly ARE has restructured his contract to help out the 'Skins.

birtikidis
02-15-2009, 01:07 PM
In this draft I'd say percy harvin. but, i wouldn't go after him.

phillyesq
02-15-2009, 02:44 PM
Supposedly ARE has restructured his contract to help out the 'Skins.

He did. He will likely be cut after 2009 -- he is due for a big bonus, but he signed an extension through 2015 that lowered his cap hit for this year.

Mister Pittsburgh
02-15-2009, 04:46 PM
Isn't that quick, shifty WR Santonio Holmes? I seem to remember him grabbing short, quick passes and showing his shiftiness in both the Ravens playoff game and the Superbowl. The first half and last drive of the Superbowl anyway.

Chavezz
02-15-2009, 05:39 PM
Isn't that quick, shifty WR Santonio Holmes? I seem to remember him grabbing short, quick passes and showing his shiftiness in both the Ravens playoff game and the Superbowl. The first half and last drive of the Superbowl anyway.

I agree. Arians needs to be a little more creative in the way they get Holmes the ball. There were a few times throughout the season that they seemed to feature him on the quick slants and bubble screens and they worked.

I think we need to see more of that because it then opens up the double moves for the big plays. Holmes kind of reminds me of a guy on the Chicago Bulls from a decade ago.

Anyone remember a guy named Toni Kucoc? He could be a really good player if he got involved in the offense early. If he didn't get opportunities early then he just never got going. I know it's different sports but it's not about that, it's a mentality.

Steeler Shades
02-15-2009, 06:03 PM
ARE ....

after the skins cut him and we sign him to a vet min or very reasonable 1-2 year deal.That's fine by me...get some creativity back in this offense!
You think ARE called the plays while he was here? 8)

proudpittsburgher
02-15-2009, 06:59 PM
I said in a previous thread that I would love to have ARE back here after he's done in Washington. He had his ring, he had his big contract, now it's time for him to be getting back where he belongs.

WoodleyofTroy
02-15-2009, 07:22 PM
Pat White.

Steel Life
02-15-2009, 07:44 PM
Pat White.
Agreed. :Cheers

Mister Pittsburgh
02-15-2009, 08:34 PM
The type of WR I think we need is a WR that can go one on one with a CB and come down with the football. A big, tall WR we can throw fades to in the redzone, or jump balls in the redzone that he can outphysical CB for. Maybe Sweed could turn into that type of WR, but if not we need one.

Steeler Shades
02-15-2009, 09:26 PM
The type of WR I think we need is a WR that can go one on one with a CB and come down with the football. A big, tall WR we can throw fades to in the redzone, or jump balls in the redzone that he can outphysical CB for. Maybe Sweed could turn into that type of WR, but if not we need one.
While it might be Sweed, it definitely is NOT Nate. 8)

RuthlessBurgher
02-15-2009, 10:09 PM
What about Limas Sweed's former Longhorn teammate Quan Cosby as a late round pick? He seems like a reliable receiver who could also return kicks. Why would a guy who had 92 catches for 1123 yards and 10 TD's last until the late rounds of the draft? Because after playing 4 years of professional baseball, he will be 2 years older as a rookie than Santonio Holmes and Limas Sweed are right now.

Chadman
02-15-2009, 10:22 PM
What about Limas Sweed's former Longhorn teammate Quan Cosby as a late round pick? He seems like a reliable receiver who could also return kicks. Why would a guy who had 92 catches for 1123 yards and 10 TD's last until the late rounds of the draft? Because after playing 4 years of professional baseball, he will be 2 years older as a rookie than Santonio Holmes and Limas Sweed are right now.

As a genuine SLOT RECIEVER, Quan is an excellent choice. His age should push him down a couple of rounds, but on the flip side, he should be mature enough to contribute right away.

Chadman likes your style Ruthless...

Chadman
02-16-2009, 02:45 AM
Quan Cosby....for your enjoyment...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbSaXAEoYvQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIJphWTcC6U

Oviedo
02-16-2009, 09:40 AM

Percy Harvin is a great talent but the guy is "glass." I can't see him having a great career because of injuries. If you could risk he could stay healthy he would be a phenomenol pick up.

calmkiller
02-16-2009, 10:20 AM
Pat white. Slash 3.0

steelsun7
02-16-2009, 11:36 AM
Dennis Dixon???

RuthlessBurgher
02-16-2009, 11:38 AM
Quan Cosby....for your enjoyment...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbSaXAEoYvQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIJphWTcC6U

Man, on the block in that first clip, I swore I saw an "8" in front of Cosby's "6" because that was so Hines-like it was sick. :twisted:

feltdizz
02-16-2009, 12:15 PM

Percy Harvin is a great talent but the guy is "glass." I can't see him having a great career because of injuries. If you could risk he could stay healthy he would be a phenomenol pick up.

I'm not so sure Harvin is "glass"

He was the best player in the BCS game and he was hurt. Give him a real paycheck and I think he becomes healthy.