PDA

View Full Version : Time to do some more voting!

stlrz d
02-13-2009, 05:09 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football ... ason_N.htm (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2009-02-10-nfl-oscar-season_N.htm)

papillon
02-13-2009, 05:15 PM
Clear your cookies and cache early and often. :wink:

Pappy

RuthlessBurgher
02-13-2009, 05:31 PM
The question is, did you vote for Tone or Deebo for best play? I went Silverback there.

stlrz d
02-13-2009, 05:37 PM
The question is, did you vote for Tone or Deebo for best play? I went Silverback there.

Ditto.

SteelHead
02-13-2009, 05:39 PM

I struggled mightily with that one. Both plays were AMAZING. Deebo changed the whole direction of that game with one very long run , 14 point swing. Ultimately I chose Tone because , well , IT WAS THE PLAY THAT WON THE SUPERBOWL !

Either is worthy of "play of the year" IMO

SteelHead
02-13-2009, 05:42 PM
Oh and I still don't get why Santonio seemingly gets all the credit on that play. That was a laser throw in the ONLY spot that he could have caught it. Great catch and pass , both players should always be mentioned when talking about that play and that's why Ben and Tone should have won CO-MVP honors. I almost couldn't believe it when they gave it to Holmes straight up. Deserving yes , but Ben was magic that day as well.

papillon
02-13-2009, 05:48 PM
I voted Santonio you don't catch the game winner with 35 seconds left very often.

Pappy

stlrz d
02-13-2009, 05:53 PM
I voted Santonio you don't catch the game winner with 35 seconds left very often.

Pappy

Unless your name is Burress and you just did it the season before. :P

I voted Harrison because it was a game changer AND the longest play in Super Bowl history...and a much higher degree of difficulty.

Either way, it's nice to be in a position to be having this argument, eh? :D

phillyesq
02-13-2009, 06:08 PM
I wanted to vote for this guy for most under publicized:

Calvin Johson, Lions QB

:shock:

Seriously, don't they have any editors over there? Name spelled wrong and the wrong position. Ugh.

AkronSteel
02-13-2009, 06:34 PM
Oh and I still don't get why Santonio seemingly gets all the credit on that play. That was a laser throw in the ONLY spot that he could have caught it. Great catch and pass , both players should always be mentioned when talking about that play and that's why Ben and Tone should have won CO-MVP honors. I almost couldn't believe it when they gave it to Holmes straight up. Deserving yes , but Ben was magic that day as well.

:Agree

The throw by Ben on that last play was amazing. He put it in the only spot possible for the outcome that we saw! It was an amazing play by both players. Really to be honest I thought Ben should have got the MVP by himself. The guy was amazing in the biggest stage possible and he is a QB, come on! I'm not saying that Santonio didn't have a great game but David Tyree didn't get the MVP last year, did he? Ben gets disrespect all the time and I like it because it will inspire him to go do it again and not leave it up to anyone, he will just dominate!

Saying all that....I did vote for Santonio because ultimately it was the play that won the World Championship! It still gives me goosebumps.....can't see that play enough!

Discipline of Steel
02-13-2009, 06:55 PM
James Harrison's Immaculate Interception will be the play that is remembered far into the future. It had its own drama in addition to being a huge turning point in the game.

BTW, James Harrison is comfortably out in front of Peyton Manning for the Best Player. His play leads Tone's by 48%-29%. Tomlin is the Best Coach by far, Woodley is the best Supporting Player by a hair, and the Steeler Jerseys are favored by 67% ??? Is the Steeler Nation out in force or what?

stlrz d
02-13-2009, 09:11 PM

Calvin Johson, Lions QB

Seriously, don't they have any editors over there? Name spelled wrong and the wrong position. Ugh.

I saw that but voted for him anyway.

AngryAsian
02-13-2009, 09:34 PM
I love that Mike Tomlin was a landslide victory for Best Director. Best Costume... that was a given. I did go Deebo on Best Play. What a monster.

RuthlessBurgher
02-14-2009, 11:31 AM

Calvin Johson, Lions QB

I saw that but voted for him anyway.

Well, based on the other QB's in Detroit, Mr. "Johson" might be the best of the bunch. :lol: