PDA

View Full Version : NFL Films' America's Game

plainnasty
02-12-2009, 05:37 PM
Steve Sabol of NFL Films was interviewed the other morning on Sirius radio. He said that they will soon be working on their America's Game, Super Bowl XLIII Champion Pittsburgh Steelers documentary. He said that the 3 people that they would like to interview are Tomlin, Roethlisberger, and Polamalu. I would have guessed Hines over Troy only because Troy doesn't say a lot. But I can't wait for it to be released.

Djfan
02-12-2009, 05:41 PM
I have to figure out how to turn my DVR'd shows into DVDs. This one is for the ages!

proudpittsburgher
02-12-2009, 06:31 PM
Tomlin's going to be classic

SteelHead
02-12-2009, 06:46 PM
I've always wondered what that USB port on my HD-DVR is for. There has to be a way to transfer that data onto your pc and burn from there.....I'll have to do some research on this.

CANNOT WAIT FOR THAT AMERICA's GAME TO COME OUT !!

NOW THAT'S MUST SEE TV BABY !!

I wonder who they'll get to narrate the piece. So far it's been Ed Harris (my favorite) , Bruce Willis and Tom Selleck. Maybe this time , Clint Eastwood ? That would be cool....

Any suggestions ?

RuthlessBurgher
02-12-2009, 06:59 PM
I've always wondered what that USB port on my HD-DVR is for. There has to be a way to transfer that data onto your pc and burn from there.....I'll have to do some research on this.

CANNOT WAIT FOR THAT AMERICA's GAME TO COME OUT !!

NOW THAT'S MUST SEE TV BABY !!

I wonder who they'll get to narrate the piece. So far it's been Ed Harris (my favorite) , Bruce Willis and Tom Selleck. Maybe this time , Clint Eastwood ? That would be cool....

Any suggestions ?

The Rooneys seem to be all buddy-buddy with the president. Rumor has it that the commander-in-chief has a pretty decent speaking voice, too.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/sports/images/attachement/jpg/site1/20081104/0013729e4a600a7a3e2d1d.jpg http://www.freshnews.in/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/barack_obama.jpg
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/610x.jpg

JAR
02-12-2009, 07:00 PM
You can transfer from your DVR to your PC if it has a video capture card. It's very easy if you have Windows Media Center edition.

Chachi
02-12-2009, 08:16 PM

Any suggestions ?

James Earl Jones.

RuthlessBurgher
02-12-2009, 09:34 PM

Any suggestions ?

James Earl Jones.

I'll see your James Earl Jones and raise you a Morgan Freeman. His voiceovers made Shawshank epic, and even made a documentary movie about penguins watchable.

stlrz d
02-12-2009, 10:38 PM
Hasn't Alec Baldwin done some too?

Chachi
02-12-2009, 10:41 PM

Any suggestions ?

James Earl Jones.

I'll see your James Earl Jones and raise you a Morgan Freeman. His voiceovers made Shawshank epic, and even made a documentary movie about penguins watchable.

You can have Driving Ms. Daisy.

I'll take Darth Vader.

:Beer :Beer :Boobs :Boobs :Boobs :Beer :Beer

If he wasn't dead I would have chosen Don Lafontaine (http://www.donlafontaine.com/DLF2007/Intro.html).

But Darth Vader will do juuuuuuust fine.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
02-12-2009, 10:46 PM
In a world, where Black and Gold was king ...

Flasteel
02-12-2009, 11:36 PM

Any suggestions ?

James Earl Jones.

Isn't he dead?

How about Kiefer Sutherland?

stlrz d
02-12-2009, 11:42 PM

Any suggestions ?

James Earl Jones.

Isn't he dead?

No!

Flasteel
02-12-2009, 11:49 PM

Any suggestions ?

James Earl Jones.

Isn't he dead?

No!

My bad James!

I thought I had heard it somewhere and it turns out I did. This is one of dozens of articles that come up in a Google search on his supposed death:

Rumors are circulating on the internet that acting legend James Earl Jones has died. His death was reportedly announced on radio station Hot 107.9 in Atlanta, but nothing on their website would seem to substantiate the rumor.

The only news regarding Jones in the last few days has been much more upbeat: he has been selected by the Screen Actors Guild as the latest recipient of its Life Achievement Award for his thespian and humanitarian accomplishments.

This isn't the first time there's been a rumor circulating about Jones' demise: in 1998 Pittsburgh Pirates announcer Lanny Frattare mistakenly told listeners that James Earl Jones had passed away when, in fact, it was Martin Luther King Jr. assassin James Earl Ray who had died.

Must be unsettling for Jones' family and loved ones, especially wife Cecilia and son Flynn.

No official statement has come from Jones indicating that he's still alive, but I imagine when it does it will be in a deep, booming voice and sound like Darth Vadar.

RuthlessBurgher
02-13-2009, 12:09 AM
I'll take Darth Vader.

No references to Obi Ben Roethlisberger, please. :lol:

Chachi
02-13-2009, 10:21 AM

Any suggestions ?

James Earl Jones.

Isn't he dead?

Nah...you're thinking of Terry Bradshaw (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Profootballtalk.com#Notable_errors) :wink:

Captain Lemming
02-13-2009, 11:01 AM

"Isn't it funny? You hear a phone ring and it could be anybody. But, a ringing phone has to be answered doesn't it?"

steelercorp
02-13-2009, 05:51 PM
I think Clint Eastwood would be an awesome narrator.

Jigawatts
02-13-2009, 10:39 PM
He said that the 3 people that they would like to interview are Tomlin, Roethlisberger, and Polamalu.

Are they afraid of Silverback?

Any suggestions?

Gibert Gottfried

mshifko
02-13-2009, 10:46 PM
hope they have this done in a month or so...i can hardly wait for this to come out

RuthlessBurgher
02-14-2009, 11:43 AM
Instead of hiring a narrator, they could just piece together bits of audio from http://www.myroncopesounds.com. You could Myron narrating from beyond the grave.
:tt2 :tt1