PDA

View Full Version : Steelers/Harrison top priority.

Mister Pittsburgh
02-12-2009, 11:27 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3901795

Article says the Steelers and Harrisons agent talk as often as twice a day. Hopefully we get some of our guys extended pretty soon. I am Jonesing for some Steelers news!!!!

MeetJoeGreene
02-12-2009, 11:38 AM
I think that Harrison deal needs to get done (or not done) before any other deals/signings fall into place.

Oviedo
02-12-2009, 11:45 AM
I absolutely want to hear the Harrison deal get done.

However I equally want to hear the heath Miller deal get done and the Lamar Woodley extension before he has a monster season next year and becomes too expensive.

RuthlessBurgher
02-12-2009, 01:15 PM
In the summer of 2007, Troy got a four-year contract extension worth $30,190,000 which will pay him a guaranteed $15,375,000 during the 2008-2011 seasons in guaranteed money and roster bonuses, which are automatically paid as long as he is on the team.

Since Troy and James are the two most dynamic players on our defense, how do you think Harrison's contract will compare to the one that we gave Polamalu? Perhaps a little more because salaries seem to go up each year? $8 million per year perhaps, with half of the total value of the contract guaranteed?

feltdizz
02-12-2009, 01:50 PM
Harrison won at least 5 games for us last year... imagine if the refs actually called holding.

He will be our highest paid defensive player...

steelblood
02-12-2009, 02:18 PM
Harrison is great, but he is about 30 years old and plays very physically. I hope we don't extend him any more than 3 years. A huge long term contract will likely preclude us from signing other big stars and handcuff this team.

RuthlessBurgher
02-12-2009, 02:22 PM
Harrison is great, but he is about 30 years old and plays very physically. I hope we don't extend him any more than 3 years. A huge long term contract will likely preclude us from signing other big stars and handcuff this team.

I predict it will be a 4 year deal. He'll likely want more than three, and we probably won't want to go as high as five. Four years seems like a solid landing point.

papillon
02-12-2009, 03:10 PM

I predict it will be a 4 year deal. He'll likely want more than three, and we probably won't want to go as high as five. Four years seems like a solid landing point.

With half of the contract guaranteed. He deserves it. The Steelers need to pay the man.

Pappy

Oviedo
02-12-2009, 03:19 PM

Do you think someone in the FO may have a little voice in their head whispering "Jason Gildon" "Jason Gildon"

Bruce Davis is the can't reach a deal insurance policy because I think it will be hard to keep both Woodley and Harrison.

Djfan
02-12-2009, 03:20 PM
He is 30, but he isn't NFL beat up yet. He has a lot of miles left on those tires.

RuthlessBurgher
02-12-2009, 03:20 PM

With half of the contract guaranteed. He deserves it. The Steelers need to pay the man.

Pappy

Yeah, I said that too! :D

In the summer of 2007, Troy got a four-year contract extension worth $30,190,000 which will pay him a guaranteed $15,375,000 during the 2008-2011 seasons in guaranteed money and roster bonuses, which are automatically paid as long as he is on the team.

Since Troy and James are the two most dynamic players on our defense, how do you think Harrison's contract will compare to the one that we gave Polamalu? Perhaps a little more because salaries seem to go up each year? $8 million per year perhaps, with half of the total value of the contract guaranteed?

papillon
02-12-2009, 03:51 PM

Pappy

I try to stalk you and let everyone think I have knowledge by quoting you. :moon :P

:tt2

Pappy

feltdizz
02-12-2009, 04:20 PM
Harrison is a young 30. Pay the man.

Slapstick
02-12-2009, 05:11 PM
Keep in mind that Harrison is a bargain this year...I would think that his agent would want to complete a deal as well...one injury could cancel the agent's meal ticket...

Also, any signing bonus on an extension (say a four year extension) can be pro-rated over five years, counting his current contract...Harrison would retire a Steeler...

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
02-13-2009, 10:54 AM
Harrison might be the first guy who you could stay is just coming into his prime at 30 because he sat behind Porter and played ST. Farrior got a contract over 30 and Harrison's will exceed his. As many have said, the gurantee money will be used to sweeten the deal since the end of the contract will put him in his mid 30's. He is heads above Porter at the same age. Harrison is about 26 in NFL years!!!!

RuthlessBurgher
02-13-2009, 11:05 AM

Pappy

I try to stalk you and let everyone think I have knowledge by quoting you. :moon :P

:tt2

Pappy

If you keep that up, you will surely go far. Well, you'll get here, at least. :wink: