PDA

View Full Version : Jags Cut Porter

MeetJoeGreene
02-12-2009, 09:08 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=a ... &type=lgns (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-jaguarsmoves&prov=ap&type=lgns)

Jerry Porter that is.
Many on TL (myself included) went through a period of time of wanting to obtain him. Looks like the Steelers were right again.

ghettoscott
02-12-2009, 09:43 AM
i had this bum on my fantasy football team and was actually expecting decent numbers from him. :? Couldnt have been more wrong...

Steeler Mafia
02-12-2009, 04:51 PM
Porter was actually a good receiver out of WVU and would have been a nice addition to the Steelers at that time. However, his stint with Oakland, and the attitude that he showed while he was there, has killed his career. I am not surprised by him being cut by the Jags. He may catch on with another team, but his days as a starting receiver are gone. The Steelers wouldn't touch him now with a 39 and a half foot pole.

RuthlessBurgher
02-12-2009, 04:57 PM
Porter was actually a good receiver out of WVU and would have been a nice addition to the Steelers at that time. However, his stint with Oakland, and the attitude that he showed while he was there, has killed his career. I am not surprised by him being cut by the Jags. He may catch on with another team, but his days as a starting receiver are gone. The Steelers wouldn't touch him now with a 39 and a half foot pole.

Are you saying that becuase of Porter's attitude, given the choice between the two of them, Colbert would take a seasick crocodile? :lol:

Steeler Mafia
02-12-2009, 05:01 PM
or maybe a three decker toadstool and sauerkraut sandwich ..... with arsenic sauce. :D

Slapstick
02-12-2009, 05:13 PM
Porter's problem isn't his attitude...the only reason he has a bad attitude is that his shoes are two sizes too small....

He will end up in Dallas or New England....

RuthlessBurgher
02-12-2009, 05:19 PM
If he goes to New England, his soul would be an apalling dump heap overflowing
with the most disgraceful assortment of deplorable rubbish imaginable, mangled up in tangled up knots. :P

SteelerOfDeVille
02-12-2009, 06:16 PM
IF.... he and Nate are on the same price range (not that they will be)....

But, which would you rather have as your #3?

Djfan
02-12-2009, 06:22 PM

Nate. Way more potential there. He needs good coaching.

MeetJoeGreene
02-13-2009, 08:48 AM

Two years ago I WOULD have said Porter.
Now I think his star has fallen and Nate's is still twinkling (although it still drops too many easy meteor showers).

phillyesq
02-14-2009, 05:06 PM

Nate. No question.

SidSmythe
02-14-2009, 06:36 PM

Nate. No question.

Limas Sweed