PDA

View Full Version : Wide Receiver FAs - Nate 1st Level

ikestops85
02-11-2009, 01:18 PM
Lombardi has come out with his list of free agent wide receivers. He has Nate, along with Antonio Bryant, listed as a level one receiver ahead of TJ Whoseyourmama. Does anyone here think Nate will command big bucks this off-season?

Free Agent WRs (http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/02/notes-from-lombardi-free-agent-wrs/)

SteelerNation1
02-11-2009, 01:21 PM
I have a feeling Nate is going to cash in. He is a sexy WR ( :oops: )...speedy and a deep threat

Mister Pittsburgh
02-11-2009, 01:23 PM
I would take whosyourmamma on my team over nate if i had that option.

WoodleyofTroy
02-11-2009, 01:33 PM
Unfortunately for Nate Washington, the 32 teams in the actual league, have Houshmanzadeh ranked ahead of him.

aggiebones
02-11-2009, 01:37 PM
The fact that he's rated anywhere near position 1 means he is likely gone. Unless Hines has told him that he intends to retire in a couple years and the Steelers offered him no.2 WR money...which won't happen.

feltdizz
02-11-2009, 01:38 PM

So would I..

But Nate get's a bum wrap from us.... he is our fly route guy.. but who knows how he would do in a West Coast offense.

whosyourmamma would not put up big numbers with us either.. we would complain about him too and his lack of production because our O is not 123 pass... it's run around and get open half the time.. and who knows if Housh gives up on plays if he doesn't get his passes in rhythm.

WoodleyofTroy
02-11-2009, 01:45 PM
whosyourmamma would not put up big numbers with us either.. we would complain about him too and his lack of production because our O is not 123 pass... it's run around and get open half the time.. and who knows if Housh gives up on plays if he doesn't get his passes in rhythm.

I see what you're saying about WR's and stats, but actually Houshmanzadeh is exactly the kind of receiver that excels in this Offense. He's the closest thing to Hines Ward the NFL has in this league, outiside of Boldin.

NW Steeler
02-11-2009, 01:48 PM
I think that Doucheyourmama would fit in well. The culture is different in Pittsburgh obviously, and I think that he and Hines would bond. They are both guys that you love to hate if they are on another team. He is a passionate player, like Hines. And the dude catches everything thrown at him. I too would take him in a heartbeat over Nate.

Djfan
02-11-2009, 02:05 PM
I think that Doucheyourmama would fit in well. The culture is different in Pittsburgh obviously, and I think that he and Hines would bond. They are both guys that you love to hate if they are on another team. He is a passionate player, like Hines. And the dude catches everything thrown at him. I too would take him in a heartbeat over Nate.

Diddo. I would include plastic surgery as an incentive.

RuthlessBurgher
02-11-2009, 02:13 PM
Nate is 25 and a deep threat with a career YPC average of 16.4. T.J. is 31 with career YPC average of 11.4 (with a career low 9.8 last season). One's young and athletic with potential. The other is on the downside of his career. That's the difference.

WoodleyofTroy
02-11-2009, 02:56 PM
Nate is 25 and a deep threat with a career YPC average of 16.4. T.J. is 31 with career YPC average of 11.4 (with a career low 9.8 last season). One's young and athletic with potential. The other is on the downside of his career. That's the difference.

With T.J. catching about 8 more balls a game, I don't see how YPC is even relevant here...this is like other fans saying Hines Ward sucks because he doesnt put up huge stats, while we all know what he does for this team (i.e. picking up key first downs for one).

I can't believe Washington and Houshmanzadeh are even being compared.

Oviedo
02-11-2009, 03:06 PM
Lombardi has come out with his list of free agent wide receivers. He has Nate, along with Antonio Bryant, listed as a level one receiver ahead of TJ Whoseyourmama. Does anyone here think Nate will command big bucks this off-season?

Free Agent WRs (http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/02/notes-from-lombardi-free-agent-wrs/)

I hope he commands huge dollars and we let him walk. That way Ben won't feel compelled to forse passes to him next year.

RuthlessBurgher
02-11-2009, 03:08 PM

With T.J. catching about 8 more balls a game, I don't see how YPC is even relevant here...this is like other fans saying Hines Ward sucks because he doesnt put up huge stats, while we all know what he does for this team (i.e. picking up key first downs for one).

I can't believe Washington and Houshmanzadeh are even being compared.

You can't really compare them to each other directly, because they are so different. One has more future potential while the other has had the better career. One is a young, fast big play guy with questionable hands. The other is older and slower but much more reliable and steady, catching more than twice as many balls overall. Al Davis would probably love a guy like Nate. Peyton Manning would probably love a guy like Housh.

Oviedo
02-11-2009, 03:08 PM

So would I..

But Nate get's a bum wrap from us.... he is our fly route guy.. but who knows how he would do in a West Coast offense.

I know, I know........he would drop passes!!!

Mel Blount's G
02-11-2009, 03:27 PM
Look how Randle-El cashed in huge as a #3 WR after the SB? Now I'm not comparing them ability or versatility wise, just to say that after the success this team just had, other teams may see potential for Nate that we don't and be willing to grossly overpay. Sure Nate has been a deep threat but it certainly was never a given that he was going to come down with the ball reagrdless of how well the ball may have been thrown or how open he may have been.

SidSmythe
02-11-2009, 03:33 PM
Nates a 4th WR at best but some team will like his ability to get deep and overpay him hoping he'll be their deep threat. See it every year.

Oviedo
02-11-2009, 04:02 PM
Look how Randle-El cashed in huge as a #3 WR after the SB? Now I'm not comparing them ability or versatility wise, just to say that after the success this team just had, other teams may see potential for Nate that we don't and be willing to grossly overpay. Sure Nate has been a deep threat but it certainly was never a given that he was going to come down with the ball reagrdless of how well the ball may have been thrown or how open he may have been.

Randle El added the dimension of returner. For all his reported "freakish" athletic ability Nate doesn't seem to know how to return anything. That will limit his marketability.

phillyesq
02-11-2009, 04:11 PM
I think that an excellent comparison for Nate is Brandon Lloyd. Lloyd was a deep threat with the Niners, but had never consistently put it together. The Redskins signed him as an RFA (or traded a pick for him as an RFA, something along those lines) to a huge deal. They paid for the potential, ignoring the lack of consistent performance. I could easily see history repeating itself and some team making the same mistake with Nate.

I wouldn't mind Washington sticking around as a #3 or #4, if the price is right. At the same time, I wouldn't be heartbroken if he left.

RuthlessBurgher
02-11-2009, 04:16 PM
Nate seems to express a desire to stay in Pittsburgh. There is a possibility we could sign him to a reasonable deal (say, $2 mil per) before he gets unleashed on the open market.

ikestops85
02-11-2009, 04:19 PM

I see what you're saying about WR's and stats, but actually Houshmanzadeh is exactly the kind of receiver that excels in this Offense. He's the closest thing to Hines Ward the NFL has in this league, outiside of Boldin.

:Agree I understand Nate might have more 'upside' than TJ but I get tired of seeing him never quite making the difficult catch and sometimes dropping the easy catch. TJ, like Hines, will make those tough catches. That's why I was really, really surprised to see Nate ranked so high.

Mister Pittsburgh
02-11-2009, 04:27 PM
Bottom line, and this is just my opinion.....Housh > Nate.

phillyesq
02-11-2009, 04:36 PM
Bottom line, and this is just my opinion.....Housh > Nate.

:Agree

feltdizz
02-11-2009, 04:43 PM
Do you guys really think Housh is going to come in and catch 10 passes a game with Holmes, Hines, Miller on the field?

We aren't going after Housh guys...

and the hate on Nate is hilarious... He is the #3 WR on the Steelers for goodness sakes.
There is no #3 WR catching 8 passes a game in our O.

ikestops85
02-11-2009, 04:52 PM
Do you guys really think Housh is going to come in and catch 10 passes a game with Holmes, Hines, Miller on the field?

and the hate on Nate is hilarious... He is the #3 WR on the Steelers for goodness sakes.

I don't think anybody is 'hating' on Nate. He is what he is. I just don't feel he is a top flight receiver and in no way should he ever be ranked above Housh. This thread was never about us going after Housh. Just the fact that the author of the article suggests that Nate will come away with the bigger payday. To me Nate is a #3 receiver and not a bad #3 ... much the same as ARE wasn't a bad #3.

ray
02-11-2009, 04:52 PM
You would want that bunghole on the Steelers after he disrespected the Terrible Towel by shining his shoes with it? I for sure don't want him anywhere near our roster. :evil: :evil: :evil:

feltdizz
02-11-2009, 04:56 PM

I don't think anybody is 'hating' on Nate. He is what he is. I just don't feel he is a top flight receiver and in no way should he ever be ranked above Housh. This thread was never about us going after Housh. Just the fact that the author of the article suggests that Nate will come away with the bigger payday. To me Nate is a #3 receiver and not a bad #3 ... much the same as ARE wasn't a bad #3.

Gotcha... but the Nate can't catch stuff gets old.

I think Housh is better but I would want Nate if I was a GM. He won't be as expensive and he has more years to grow.

I hate Housh though so what do I know LOL!!!

SteelHead
02-11-2009, 04:59 PM
No question douchemanzada is a better wideout but c'mon guys, TJ in the black and gold ?
After disgracing the TT and all kinds of other douchebaggery, NO THANKS. We've won 2 Superbowls without a "premier" wideout. That's not to say that with Hines nearing the end of his career we don't need to start developing some more young talent , but TJ.....puke.
And it may be naive of me to think that the Steelers FO thinks that way also but I'll continue to operate under the assumption that our proud franchise would never sign a guy that has been that big of a rival over the years and has that much negative history with the Steelers.

:bungalssuck

feltdizz
02-11-2009, 05:07 PM
No question douchemanzada is a better wideout but c'mon guys, TJ in the black and gold ?
After disgracing the TT and all kinds of other douchebaggery, NO THANKS. We've won 2 Superbowls without a "premier" wideout. That's not to say that with Hines nearing the end of his career we don't need to start developing some more young talent , but TJ.....puke.
And it may be naive of me to think that the Steelers FO thinks that way also but I'll continue to operate under the assumption that our proud franchise would never sign a guy that has been that big of a rival over the years and has that much negative history with the Steelers.

bingo... sometimes i wonder what the hell Steeler fans are thinking? It's like they have no idea who are owners are.

WoodleyofTroy
02-11-2009, 05:10 PM
Where did anyone say anything about Houshmanzadeh in Pittsburgh?

feltdizz
02-11-2009, 05:28 PM

1st page MisterPittsburgh said:

RuthlessBurgher
02-11-2009, 05:29 PM
We've won 2 Superbowls without a "premier" wideout.

And yet the MVP in each of those Super Bowls was a wideout. How about that?

And figuring that in the 70's, Bradshaw won two of the Super Bowl MVP's and Swann won one, that is 5 out of the 6 Super Bowl MVP's given out to members of the Steeler passing offense (for a team that is supposedly built solely on the strength of our defense and the running game).

WoodleyofTroy
02-11-2009, 05:29 PM

He was comparing the talent level.

SteelHead
02-11-2009, 05:36 PM

bingo... sometimes i wonder what the hell Steeler fans are thinking? It's like they have no idea who are owners are.

Amen brother.

Steelers FO is in a tough spot these days with our current FA's and other key players going into final years of their contract. I don't have a clue how it will all unfold this off-season but I like Nate and would be very dissapointed if he did not return. Let's face it , he will NEVER be a #1 , but Nate is a quality teammate and player and with our WR situation being a little sketchy in the near future I'd want a guy like that who knows our QB and system. Hopefully his price will be right and we CAN bring him back. Should be a very interesting off-season.

phillyesq
02-11-2009, 05:41 PM

I should clarify.

In no way was I suggesting that the Steelers should go after Doushmanzadeh. But I think that, objectively, he is a better WR than Nate, hands down. My comments comparing the two were in response to the article ranking Nate higher.

Steeler Shades
02-11-2009, 05:42 PM
I hope he commands huge dollars and we let him walk. That way Ben won't feel compelled to forse passes to him next year.
I rarely agree with you, but have to this time. Nate is barely a # 3 WR and if some team wants to over pay him I hope we let him go. Sweed can step in and catch as many balls as Nate......perhaps more once he gets some experience. 8)

SteelHead
02-11-2009, 05:53 PM
We've won 2 Superbowls without a "premier" wideout.

And yet the MVP in each of those Super Bowls was a wideout. How about that?

And figuring that in the 70's, Bradshaw won two of the Super Bowl MVP's and Swann won one, that is 5 out of the 6 Super Bowl MVP's given out to members of the Steeler passing offense (for a team that is supposedly built solely on the strength of our defense and the running game).

I think you just helped to support my point. Popular opinion says we have no "premier" wideout but in the clutch they seem to step up. Why change that formula ? This offense just does not need that ONE receiver to make it go. We spread the ball around and in big situations those receivers we do have have made plays.

And no team is "solely" built on any one strength. Football is the ultimate team game , just because or WR's have had great success in big games should not overshadow the fact that our Defense has led the way in every Superbowl season, the run game has as well except for this year , and it has always been about a timely passing game coming alive at the right times. Granted Ben is beginning to change the formula a little but our run game will improve next year. It must.

ikestops85
02-11-2009, 05:53 PM
I rarely agree with you, but have to this time. Nate is barely a # 3 WR and if some team wants to over pay him I hope we let him go. Sweed can step in and catch as many balls as Nate......perhaps more once he learns how to catch. 8)

Fixed it for you 8)

RussBII
02-11-2009, 06:32 PM
I rarely agree with you, but have to this time. Nate is barely a # 3 WR and if some team wants to over pay him I hope we let him go. Sweed can step in and catch as many balls as Nate......perhaps more once he learns how to catch. 8)

Fixed it for you 8)

I really hope Limas pulls it together, but since we already have one wideout on the field who can't really catch, why do we need two? Let Nate walk if he wants cash.

Slapstick
02-11-2009, 06:54 PM
Whoever is saying that "Nate can't catch" is just being silly...

On this team, I would rather have Nate that Houshmandzadeh...his skill set offers a better fit for our offense than TJ...unless Hines is retiring, which he isn't...

Steelerphile
02-11-2009, 07:12 PM
This is an outsider's point of view and this reinforces my feeling that many posters fall into the net of group think. Nate Washington has been a whipping boy on the boards for a few years, often quite unjustifiably. I think some people who read the posts are influenced by what they read, rather than really looking at a player with an independent mind.

This outsider looks at Nate Washington and sees a lot of ability. As I do. He hasn't been reading all the posts telling him how bad Nate Washington is. He trusts his own eyes and sees a receiver with a lot of speed, who has shown production in a #3 role and looks to be ready to take another step.

The drops thing still is overestimated. I compare people saying Nate Washington drops a lot of passes to people who still say Pittsburgh has a lot of steel mills that spew billows of smoke daily. They just haven't been doing their homework and keeping current.

On the boards, once a guy gets rep, he seldoms shakes it completely, no matter how wrong it may be. I think many Pittsburgh fans underestimate Nate. I would like to see him stay in Pittsburgh, but if he gets an opportunity to be a No. 2 receiver somewhere, or play in a passing offense, it would be interesting to me to see how well he would do. He just needs to keep getting a littler tougher, but I don't think there are that many receivers more talented that are available in free agency.

Steeler Shades
02-11-2009, 07:37 PM
The drops thing still is overestimated. I compare people saying Nate Washington drops a lot of passes to people who still say Pittsburgh has a lot of steel mills that spew billows of smoke daily. They just haven't been doing their homework and keeping current.
Disagree. Have either attended or watched EVERY Steeler game since Nate has been here and I still think he is a weak #3 WR. He doesn't compete for the ball and adjusts poorly when the ball is in the air. He is often falling down when the ball is in the air and trying to get PI penalties instead of playing the ball. He many be a great athlete but if any team is willing to pay him more than he is getting now.....good riddence.

My opinion is that Sweed has more upside for less money than Nate. He may eventually become an actual #2 or even a #1 WR on this team. Nate will never be more than a "possibly" average #3. Given another season where Sweed actually gets as much playing time as Nate, and I think people will be saying: "Nate who" or "why did we put up with Nate for so long"? 8)

steelafornia
02-11-2009, 08:31 PM
i think i've seen nate catch one deep ball in the past 3 years, not that i want housh or anything but nate is just good for whatever he has been doing, not be paid 1 or 2 receiver type of cash, he tends to not catch the deep ball as much as we all like he would.

NW Steeler
02-11-2009, 08:34 PM

I just flashed back to 05' when Doush was shining his cleats at Heinz and how much it pissed me off....thanks for clearing my head. You are dead right...I take back what I posted on page 1...and yeah.... :bungalssuck

feltdizz
02-11-2009, 08:42 PM

He was comparing the talent level.

He said he would take him if he had the option.. so some started debating that..

no worries though.

Mister Pittsburgh
02-11-2009, 08:44 PM
Just to clarify, I do not want or think the Steelers should go after whosyourmamma. I do, however, disagree with the rankings in the OP and think whosyourmamma is a better WR than Nate.

1-You never see Nate go up against a DB one on one and come down with the ball. If you have video evidence of such an instance please post it as that is rarer than a bigfoot video.

2-You don't see Nate blocking at all downfield. You typically see him run beside the ballcarrier as if to cheer them on.

3-If Nate is such a great leaper, why do you not see him go up and catch the football at its highest point? You always see him wait for the ball to come to him. Also, if he is such a great leaper, why no jump balls in the endzone?

If you showed me video of the way Nate plays, and the way whosyourmamma plays, and I didn't know who either of them were or any history like whosyourmamma wiping his feet on the terrible towel or his constant yammering about the Steelers then I would take whosyourmamma over Nate easily. EASILY!

feltdizz
02-11-2009, 09:01 PM
I really have no idea what fans want from a #3 WR... especially in Pittsburgh. ARE could return punts but he was not an impact #3 WR.. he had a great arm though...

whoever comes in as our #3 will have the same stats as Nate or a little worse.. the haters also fail to realize that Nate as our deep threat opens up the middle for Hines and our TE's.

But go ahead and search for that solid #3 WR who will bring so much more to the table then Nate..

Sweed can block but if they think Nate couldn't catch... then how much patience will they have with Sweed?

feltdizz
02-11-2009, 09:07 PM
Just to clarify, I do not want or think the Steelers should go after whosyourmamma. I do, however, disagree with the rankings in the OP and think whosyourmamma is a better WR than Nate.

1-You never see Nate go up against a DB one on one and come down with the ball. If you have video evidence of such an instance please post it as that is rarer than a bigfoot video.

2-You don't see Nate blocking at all downfield. You typically see him run beside the ballcarrier as if to cheer them on.

3-If Nate is such a great leaper, why do you not see him go up and catch the football at its highest point? You always see him wait for the ball to come to him. Also, if he is such a great leaper, why no jump balls in the endzone?

If you showed me video of the way Nate plays, and the way whosyourmamma plays, and I didn't know who either of them were or any history like whosyourmamma wiping his feet on the terrible towel or his constant yammering about the Steelers then I would take whosyourmamma over Nate easily. EASILY!

1- if Nate is expected to come down with jump balls then you must hate our #1 and #2 WR's.. neither are jump ball WR's...

2- I've seen Nate block but he isn't a bone crusher... I'll give you that.

3-I agree.. why no jump balls? Blame the play calling not him for that.

again.. Nate is a decent #3... anyone expecting more from a #3 then what Nate brings isn't really looking for a #3 WR.. you want a #2 WR at a #3 price.. and that is not going to happen.

Steeler Shades
02-11-2009, 10:06 PM
.. the haters also fail to realize that Nate as our deep threat opens up the middle for Hines and our TE's.
Haters? Is that synonymous with "disagreers"? Nate is only a deep threat if opposing defenses feel threatened by him. As long as any 2nd class DB can cover him he is not much of a threat.

But go ahead and search for that solid #3 WR who will bring so much more to the table then Nate..
Search? We potentially have him on the team.....Sweed. Why pay more for Nate? It is a #3 WR we are talking about, and Sweed can stretch the field and not catch as well as Nate.

Sweed can block but if they think Nate couldn't catch... then how much patience will they have with Sweed?
How much patience have the Steelers had with Nate? Lets give Sweed that much patience and then see after a couple more years if he is ONLY at best an average #3 WR, or perhaps develops into something better. 8)

Steelerphile
02-12-2009, 06:56 PM
How much patience have the Steelers had with Nate? Lets give Sweed that much patience and then see after a couple more years if he is ONLY at best an average #3 WR, or perhaps develops into something better.

Patience? Nate has had three consecutive solid seasons as the #3 WR and probably N0. 4 option behind Ward, Holmes and Miller in the Pittsburgh offense, that tends to be run-oriented

2006 35 recs 624 yds 17.8 ave and 4 TDs
2007 29 recs 450 yds 15.5 ave and 5 TDS
2008 40 recs 631 yds 15.8 ave and 3 TDS

Total 104 rec 1704 yds 16.4 ave 12 TDS.

When you imply the Steelers are still waiting for any kind of reasonable production from Nate, you grossly misrepresent the evidence. This is what types you as a hater. You just have something against Nate and that is the end of story as far as you're concerned. If Sweed were to have three consecutive seasons, ALMOST that productive, you would probably rave about how great Sweed had played.

Sweed might be able to do it, Few players are indispensable and Nate definitely isn't. You don't assess him accurately or fairly though.

feltdizz
02-12-2009, 07:55 PM
.. the haters also fail to realize that Nate as our deep threat opens up the middle for Hines and our TE's.
Haters? Is that synonymous with "disagreers"? Nate is only a deep threat if opposing defenses feel threatened by him. As long as any 2nd class DB can cover him he is not much of a threat.

Search? We potentially have him on the team.....Sweed. Why pay more for Nate? It is a #3 WR we are talking about, and Sweed can stretch the field and not catch as well as Nate.

How much patience have the Steelers had with Nate? Lets give Sweed that much patience and then see after a couple more years if he is ONLY at best an average #3 WR, or perhaps develops into something better. 8)

1. I say haters because Nate is a #3 WR with great stats for a #3WR in Pittsburgh..
those who disagree ignore the facts... It's the Steelers not the greatest show on turf.

2. You pay more for Nate because he has 12 TD's in 3 years...

3. I'm not talking about the Steelers having patience... I'm talking about fans like you LOL!!! I have faith in the Steelers coaches and management but I have no faith in fans who have personal agenda's against a player..

Like someone just said... If Sweed has the same numbers as Nate next year you will say he is a star. It sounds personal IMO.

Steeler Shades
02-12-2009, 08:31 PM
Let me respond to both of the last two posts:
Nate has been a Steeler for 4 years. He has caught 104 passes during that time and 12 TDs. Big deal. How many passes has he dropped and how many more could a better receiver (like perhaps Sweed) have caught? Is anyone suggesting that the Steelers did NOT have patience with Nate....particularly during his first two seasons? Bah. I understand Nate is a #3 WR on a team that does not (currently) pass as much as the Colts, but that does not mean that we should accept mediocrity and over pay for it. Dump Nate and develop Sweed. 8)

feltdizz
02-12-2009, 08:45 PM
Let me respond to both of the last two posts:
Nate has been a Steeler for 4 years. He has caught 104 passes during that time and 12 TDs. Big deal. How many passes has he dropped and how many more could a better receiver (like perhaps Sweed) have caught? Is anyone suggesting that the Steelers did NOT have patience with Nate....particularly during his first two seasons? Bah. I understand Nate is a #3 WR on a team that does not (currently) pass as much as the Colts, but that does not mean that we should accept mediocrity and over pay for it. Dump Nate and develop Sweed. 8)

you are basically saying dump the experienced Nate for the unknown Nate (Sweed).

I say we make an offer but if someone overpays then he will be gone. We rarely overpay for a player...

No one ever said the Steelers did not have patience.. when I said they won't have patience I meant the fans/haters of Nate.

Funny how they are quick to forgive Sweeds drops but remember every drop Nate has had and multiplied them by 2.

Steeler Shades
02-12-2009, 08:53 PM
[you are basically saying dump the experienced Nate for the unknown Nate (Sweed).

I say we make an offer but if someone overpays then he will be gone. We rarely overpay for a player...

No one ever said the Steelers did not have patience.. when I said they won't have patience I meant the fans/haters of Nate.

Funny how they are quick to forgive Sweeds drops but remember every drop Nate has had and multiplied them by 2.
Review my first post in this thread. You are now saying the same thing. I said that if Nate wants more than he is currently receiving that we should let him go and NOT over pay him. He is only a #3 WR and I think Sweed will develop into a better WR than Nate is currently.

I have not forgotten Sweeds performance this past year. Not pretty....way too many dropped balls. However, there were some things he did well and I believe his skills are such that he be better than Nate is now or will ever become. That's my opinion. I have never thought Nate was anything special, and if he is also going to ask for a lot of money, then its time to part company. Its not like we are talking about Hines or Santonio after all. 8)

feltdizz
02-12-2009, 08:58 PM
I just think Nate gets a bum wrap for a #3 WR.

Mister Pittsburgh
02-12-2009, 09:49 PM

1- if Nate is expected to come down with jump balls then you must hate our #1 and #2 WR's.. neither are jump ball WR's...

2- I've seen Nate block but he isn't a bone crusher... I'll give you that.

3-I agree.. why no jump balls? Blame the play calling not him for that.

again.. Nate is a decent #3... anyone expecting more from a #3 then what Nate brings isn't really looking for a #3 WR.. you want a #2 WR at a #3 price.. and that is not going to happen.

You are proving my point here for me man. The things I list are why I feel the ranking listed in the OP are wrong and why Whosyourmamma is a better WR than Nate. Nate is not a #1 or #2 wr or a top tier WR. Can we all agree on that because that is all I am saying. Also, no i don't hate our 1 or 2 WR for not being able to do the things I listed. I think Hines brings a great game to the table and we all know what he can do. Holmes also does some things great like he had sure hands and runs very well after the catch. Holmes and Hines are both pretty clutch WR where with Nate I feel you never know what you are gonna get.