PDA

View Full Version : What if these guys were to fall in the draft...

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
02-10-2009, 08:37 PM
WR P Harvin FLORIDA
MacLain WR Missouri
Laurinaitis LB OSU

What to do? Do we grab the best player available or get the o-linemen or def linemen?

Farrior isn't going to be around forever and can you imagine: Timmons and Laurinaitis on the inside and Harrison and Woodley on the outside.

Mister Pittsburgh
02-10-2009, 08:58 PM
I would pass on the WR, but it would be tough to pass on Laurenitus. I guess even for the WR you would have to take into account how much longer Hines has. Would be tough to pull the trigger on any of them if a viable offensive or defensive linemen was available.

WoodleyofTroy
02-10-2009, 11:09 PM
I'd take Jeremy Maclin without hesitation. But if Harvin and Lauranitis were there, I'm not sure they're BPA over Mack and Tyson Jackson.

AngryAsian
02-11-2009, 05:58 AM
Harvin... without hesitation.

phillyesq
02-11-2009, 08:25 AM
I'd pass on Harvin. Isn't this the same school that gave us Dallas Baker and Chad Jackson? Doesn't he also have injury/durability issues? No thanks.

Also, no thanks on Laurenitis. Farrior was just extended, and is playing better than ever. I'm all for taking the BPA, but the team already has 5 excellent linebackers (4 if Foote is cut).

Oviedo
02-11-2009, 09:03 AM
No thanks on Lauranitis. I think he will be no better than an average Larry Foote LB.

If Maclin is there I would grab him in a heartbeat. I would do a lot of handwringing with Harvin because he is a unique talent but he can't stay healthy. The health issues would be why I'll preduct that Harvin very well could be there at 1.32 but no way Maclin is. Ultimately I think I would have to pass on Harvin because of the injury concerns.

My perfect choice for 1.32 would be Tyson Jackson followed but alternatives of Alex Mack, Duke Robinson or Phil Loadholdt.

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
02-11-2009, 09:12 AM
No thanks on Lauranitis. I think he will be no better than an average Larry Foote LB.

If Maclin is there I would grab him in a heartbeat. I would do a lot of handwringing with Harvin because he is a unique talent but he can't stay healthy. The health issues would be why I'll preduct that Harvin very well could be there at 1.32 but no way Maclin is. Ultimately I think I would have to pass on Harvin because of the injury concerns.

My perfect choice for 1.32 would be Tyson Jackson followed but alternatives of Alex Mack, Duke Robinson or Phil Loadholdt.

I totally agree--I love T. Jackson, hopefully he is there at 32! Then move up to take Mack in the 2nd= the perfect draft--Just hopin!

Djfan
02-11-2009, 09:42 AM
I just hope we get something out of rounds 3-5 this year!

Mister Pittsburgh
02-11-2009, 10:04 AM

Good call. We normally do well with 1 & 2, but this draft it is imperative that we get players in the mid rounds.

Ozey74
02-11-2009, 10:36 AM
As hard as it would be to pass up on any of the skill guys mentioned, I still think we have to go with a "big ugly" this year. I will respect the organizations choice no matter who it is.

:tt2

phillyesq
02-11-2009, 10:37 AM

Although none of the guys from round 3-5 taken last year (Davis, Hills and Dixon) have contributed yet, its too early to write off any of those guys. The year before, rounds 3-5 yielded Spaeth, Sepulvda and Willie Gay, among others.

Oviedo
02-11-2009, 11:03 AM

I think that every team in the NFL would say the same thing. I think if you had a complete database of all the past three drafts we would not be doing any worse that most of theleague in Round 3-5. We just know what we do.

I think 2007 with Spaeth, Sepulveda and Gay would have to be considered successful by any metric you use.

You also have to factor in that we seem to be better than most with Undrafted Free Agents