View Full Version : Another Steeler drama queen

JAR
02-10-2009, 06:37 PM
i guess Hines is one too.
:P

Steelers' Ward has surgery on shoulder, not knee
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The concern for Hines Ward during the two weeks leading to the Super Bowl was his right knee, which was sprained during the AFC championship game.

He started and caught two passes for 43 yards in the Steelers' 27-23 victory over the Arizona Cardinals to claim their sixth Lombardi Trophy.

This week, Hines Ward had surgery -- on his shoulder, not his knee.

Ward had surgery to "clean up" a shoulder, according to a Steelers source, and he should be fine for the 2009 season. The sprained MCL in his right knee did not require surgery and will heal on its own, the club source said.

Ward had his best season statistically in five years in 2008. He caught 81 passes for 1,043 yards, both tops since the 2003 season.

Steeler Shades
02-10-2009, 07:32 PM
Ward had surgery to "clean up" a shoulder, according to a Steelers source, and he should be fine for the 2009 season. The sprained MCL in his right knee did not require surgery and will heal on its own, the club source said.
This looks like an injury and surgery that the Steelers ACTUALLy are aware of. The Steelers don't seem to have a lot of knowledge about Ben's latest trauma......again. 8)

stlrz d
02-10-2009, 07:38 PM
This looks like an injury and surgery that the Steelers ACTUALLy are aware of. The Steelers don't seem to have a lot of knowledge about Ben's latest trauma......again. 8)

I'm still waiting for a quote or statement from the Steelers organization on that. No one has presented one yet.

Got one?

I'll be waiting....

Steeler Shades
02-10-2009, 08:58 PM
[quote=JAR]Ward had surgery to "clean up" a shoulder, according to a Steelers source, and he should be fine for the 2009 season. The sprained MCL in his right knee did not require surgery and will heal on its own, the club source said.This looks like an injury and surgery that the Steelers ACTUALLy are aware of. The Steelers don't seem to have a lot of knowledge about Ben's latest trauma......again. 8)I'm still waiting for a quote or statement from the Steelers organization on that. No one has presented one yet.

Got one?

I'll be waiting....[/quote:2jno5dj1]
ESPN reported that the Steelers denied any knowledge. Whether you interpret the article as supporting Ben's claims is up to you. I didn't read any part that would indicate that they ordered the MRI or that they knew he was injured.......just as I said in my post. Let me know if your get tired of waiting........ :roll:
8)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3894263

Steelers deny knowledge of QB injury

....It is uncertain if the validity of Roethlisberger's claim will be proved.

NFL teams do not routinely require players to undergo MRIs or other medical tests during the offseason, and Roethlisberger isn't due back in Pittsburgh until offseason workouts begin in April. By then, any problem that occurred before or during the Super Bowl might not show up in tests.

Roethlisberger has previously exaggerated or misstated injuries he supposedly suffered during his five-season career.

The day after the January 2005 AFC Championship Game, Roethlisberger said he broke two toes during the 41-27 loss to New England. Coach Bill Cowher emphatically denied that, saying the quarterback merely aggravated a toe injury from college. Roethlisberger never brought up the issue again.

Roethlisberger also said during training camp in 2006 that he played the Steelers' Super Bowl-winning season of 2005 with a broken thumb. Roethlisberger missed no playing time after supposedly being hurt on Nov. 28, 2005, in Indianapolis, and the team never revealed any such injury.

After Cowher resigned following the 2006 season, Roethlisberger acknowledged he and the coach didn't always get along -- in part, apparently, because Cowher felt the quarterback exaggerated the extent of injuries.

It also was reported that Roethlisberger sustained a spinal cord concussion against Cleveland on Dec. 28, but the team said only that he had a concussion.

"Ben's health is often the subject of inaccurate reports," coach Mike Tomlin said before the Super Bowl. "He's fine."

stlrz d
02-10-2009, 09:19 PM
So where's the statement from the Steelers organization stating they had no knowledge?

I'll continue to wait. 8)

stlrz d
02-10-2009, 09:23 PM
Btw, ESPN is the same organization that posted a "story" about the Steelers team doctor and HGH right before the Super Bowl...even though there had been NO NEW DEVELOPMENTS since the story was reported TWO YEARS AGO.

Gettin' the idea? ;)

Steeler Shades
02-10-2009, 09:31 PM
So where's the statement from the Steelers organization stating they had no knowledge?

I'll continue to wait. 8)
Continue to wait. I think the Steelers are reluctant to call Ben out for being a Drama Queen.....unlike Cowher in 2004:
"The day after the January 2005 AFC Championship Game, Roethlisberger said he broke two toes during the 41-27 loss to New England. Coach Bill Cowher emphatically denied that, saying the quarterback merely aggravated a toe injury from college. Roethlisberger never brought up the issue again."

Did you read the part of the Steelers statement where the spokesman remarked about how it wasn't until after the SB that the Steelers saw the cracked ribs in the MRI that they ordered? No? Wonder why.....its probably a secret and they don't want to have the league know how tough their QB is by releasing a statement confirming his belated diagnosis.

Lets just be happy that he plays the position well and not concern ourselves too much about his personality quirks. 8)

stlrz d
02-10-2009, 09:48 PM
I read the "story" and I saw nothing that substantiates the headline used by the "writer". 8)

ANPSTEEL
02-10-2009, 09:55 PM
8)

ok...

i know i am not alone on this-

I appreciate the hot babes in your signature as much as the next guy..

but seriously, if your going to distract me like that every time I open a thread, at least have the courtesy to give me a name- It would save me significant amounts of time trying to figure out who it is that I have to google to see more.

thanks in advance.

:lol: :Cheers

hellbanger
02-10-2009, 10:12 PM
8)

ok...

i know i am not alone on this-

I appreciate the hot babes in your signature as much as the next guy..

but seriously, if your going to distract me like that every time I open a thread, at least have the courtesy to give me a name- It would save me significant amounts of time trying to figure out who it is that I have to google to see more.

thanks in advance.

:lol: :Cheers

i believe that lovely lady is Amy Reid

feltdizz
02-10-2009, 11:23 PM
i guess Hines is one too.
:P

Steelers' Ward has surgery on shoulder, not knee
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The concern for Hines Ward during the two weeks leading to the Super Bowl was his right knee, which was sprained during the AFC championship game.

He started and caught two passes for 43 yards in the Steelers' 27-23 victory over the Arizona Cardinals to claim their sixth Lombardi Trophy.

This week, Hines Ward had surgery -- on his shoulder, not his knee.

Ward had his best season statistically in five years in 2008. He caught 81 passes for 1,043 yards, both tops since the 2003 season.

actually it shows Hines is a beast... I think the knock on Ben is that he discloses injuries to the news before he does to the team. Which is all types a wrong.

I think the NFL requires injury reports on Friday before games as well.. so if Ben is talking about injuries he had but didn't disclose it comes back on the organization...

and think about it.. when asked about an MRI before the game...Tomlin says "Not that I heard," Tomlin said. "Ben's health is often the subject of inaccurate reports. He's fine.

the subject of inaccurate reports? That means stfu Ben..

Steeler Shades
02-10-2009, 11:57 PM
8)
...if your going to distract me like that every time I open a thread, at least have the courtesy to give me a name,,i believe that lovely lady is Amy Reid
Could well be Amy Reid. I usually don't bother to ask their names. In this particular case I seem to recall just telling her to wash the car on her way out. :Boobs
8)

Djfan
02-11-2009, 10:20 AM
When asked about an MRI before the game...Tomlin says "Not that I heard," Tomlin said. "Ben's health is often the subject of inaccurate reports. He's fine.

the subject of inaccurate reports? That means stfu Ben..

Tomlin has the gift of inuendo. (Can't spell that word. Sorry). When FWP needed to shut up is was never said, but very clear.

Makes you wonder why Harrison was never given the inuendo after his "I'm dropping back in coverage" comment. What a great exclamation point he put on that one.

NC Steeler Fan
02-11-2009, 11:01 AM
Okay, somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but...

1.) As I understand it, Ben had x-rays before the SB that did NOT
reveal broken ribs.

2.) He said he felt like something was still wrong though even after
that.

3.) He said he had an MRI done AFTER the SB that revealed
cracked ribs.

How is ANY of this controversial?

The team isn't responsible for knowing what an x-ray did not see. And
it seems to me if Ben said an MRI took place outside the auspices of the
team and revealed that condition, why would the team or Tomlin or anyone
have a reason to doubt him?

Personally, I think Cowher was full of it to claim that Ben exxagerated his
injuries...who the hell is anyone to speak for another person's body?

Yeah, sure you don't want the other teams to know just how bad you might
be hurt before a game, but to sit there and disregard what someone says
about their own injuries?

Nahhh, the only drama is this whole discussion...

stlrz d
02-11-2009, 11:10 AM

reveal broken ribs.

that.

cracked ribs.

But that's just it...if you look at the ESPN story, the headline is that the Steelers deny knowledge, yet there is not one quote or statement from anyone in the Steelers organization to substantiate that claim. Not one. Nothing.

It's BS plain and simple.

The only drama Ben creates is when he's running around creating plays...like on a GAME WINNING Super Bowl drive!

feltdizz
02-11-2009, 11:17 AM

reveal broken ribs.

that.

cracked ribs.

True but in the NFL you have to disclose injuries before games...

now like you said, it didn't show before the game.. so maybe he cracked them in the SB...

but I think the point being made by some and Cowher back in the day is if you don't tell our doctors then don't tell a reporter.

It's like working at a job and never telling your boss about the problems in your department.. then when a reporter comes up you spill the beans...

Oviedo
02-11-2009, 11:23 AM
For all I care Ben can be Queen Elizabeth, Queen Mary and Queen Latifah all rolled into one as long as he continues to perform the way he does.

Who cares if he exaggerates injuries--not proven--as long as he wins games. THrough a 5 year career he has done that better than anyone in NFL history so why does any care about injuries real or imagined.

Did you ever think that Ben is just jerking the media around since they are a bunch of irrelevent, know nothing nuisances? He is probably laughing his you know what off watching all the print this generates.