PDA

View Full Version : Question about Leigh Bodden

Oviedo
02-10-2009, 04:20 PM
Released by The Lions yesterday as the new regime cleans house. Can he be Plan B is we can't sign Bmac. The guy was a solid CB in Cleveland before going to the mess that was the Detroit Lions.

Your thoughts?

Lebsteel
02-10-2009, 04:45 PM
He'd be worth a look unless he has character issues. He went to Duquesne, so maybe he'd give us a "hometown discount!" (sarcasm) Here is an interesting article on him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leigh_Bodden

In 2005, Chad Johnson announced he was keeping a list of defensive backs who had covered him skillfully. This list was called "Who Covered 85 in '05", the Pro-Bowler named Leigh Bodden #1 and called him his toughest cover after being held to a season low 2 catches and 22 yards.

His stats from NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/players/leighbodden/careerstats?id=BOD194145

RuthlessBurgher
02-10-2009, 04:45 PM
Since he played in Detroit, I'm sure Colbert will give him a strong look. Not a bad alternative if we aren't able to re-up BMac. I would also bring in Dunta Robinson for a physical, because he could have All Pro talent if he was healthy (which is still a question mark).

Mel Blount's G
02-10-2009, 05:50 PM
Character issues would be a big question for me. CB's tend to be the WR's of the defense meaning they often have giant-sized egos. I do not want one of these 'me-first' cb's regardless of talent. However, if he's got his head screwed on somehwat properly, and he wants to be part of a winning TEAM, then give him a look. One would think that half a dozen years playing for sh!tty (pun intended) loser franchises would leave a gy hungry for some potential post-season action. B-mac on the otherhand may be happy to fill his pockets playing for a crappy organization after experiencing winning at it's best already. Much like both Chris Hope and Randle-El did - rake in the ridiculous cash after riding on the coattails of a winner.

NorthCoast
02-10-2009, 10:03 PM
uhh...do you guys know his recent background? He has two surgically repaired knees and couldn't stay on the stains squad, why do we want him? Would much rather take a chance with someone in the draft who has more upside.

Oviedo
02-11-2009, 09:24 AM
uhh...do you guys know his recent background? He has two surgically repaired knees and couldn't stay on the stains squad, why do we want him? Would much rather take a chance with someone in the draft who has more upside.

Did not know that

Slapstick
02-12-2009, 05:19 PM
The Browns didn't cut him...they traded him....

buckeyehoppy
02-13-2009, 01:31 AM
The Browns didn't cut him...they traded him....

That's correct...it's how the Clowns got Shaun Rogers. The Clowns also gave up a 2009 3rd Rounder in the deal.

Big Rob posted this:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5447 (http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5447)

and he mentioned Daven Holly and his availability. That might be a just as viable and more economical option if BMac doesn't pan out. It doesn't seem like Bodden has any current health issues. It may just be a situation where the Lions are just cleaning house and maybe Bodden was making too much $$$ under the circumstances.