PDA

View Full Version : Report: Butler saying he'll stay w/ Steelers?

costanza2k1
02-10-2009, 12:23 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/player ... 016&spln=1 (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=2033&line=139016&spln=1)

Report: Butler saying he'll stay w/ Steelers?
Cardinals Defense - TM - ARZ - Feb. 10 - 8:52 am et

According to the Arizona Republic, Steelers linebackers coach Keith Butler is telling people in the Steelers organization that he's staying.
The Republic cites a Pittsburgh Post-Gazette report, but the story is nowhere to be found in the Post-Gazette. The Cardinals have since received permission to interview Butler for their defensive coordinator position, so it appears he will at least talk to Arizona

Oviedo
02-10-2009, 12:29 PM
I'm sure that if he is the heir apparent to LeBeau he has been told that and realizes he couldn't be in a better place or in a better organization.

I hope this turns out to be true because I'm getting a little tired of Whiz trying to look to our organization for success. Maybe its time he tries to figure it out himself and do something on his own.

MeetJoeGreene
02-10-2009, 12:54 PM
He is a fool. Whiz is a much better HC than Tomlin... why wouldn't you want to go to work for the Whiz/Grimm show vs an overpaid janitor.

SteelTorch
02-10-2009, 01:28 PM
He is a fool. Whiz is a much better HC than Tomlin... why wouldn't you want to go to work for the Whiz/Grimm show vs an overpaid janitor.
:lol:

Well it figures. Whiz couldn't beat this team so he's trying to destroy them from within. :lol:

In all seriousness though, it does get a little tiring seeing Arizona repeatedly going after our players and staff. For crying out loud, find your own. :?

Mel Blount's G
02-10-2009, 01:53 PM
I guess Butt wants to stay with D!ck :!: :P

Win a super bowl and suddenly every Tom, D!ck and...(Harry?)Butt want to coach for the Steelers

:? Sorry, mind just isn't on work today (again)... :oops:

Mel Blount's G
02-10-2009, 02:00 PM
In all seriousness though, it does get a little tiring seeing Arizona repeatedly going after our players and staff. For crying out loud, find your own. :?
Steelers are the model franchise for the league right now. They all want what we've got and there's apparently no shame in snatching any little piece of us in search of the winning formula. Wouldn't surprise me if the Man o' Myth, The Stuff of Legends, the enigma wrapped in a riddle stuffed in a paradox, Bruce Arians, was offered a HC position

RKSteel
02-10-2009, 02:05 PM
Steelers are the model franchise for the league right now. They all want what we've got and there's apparently no shame in snatching any little piece of us in search of the winning formula. Wouldn't surprise me if the Man o' Myth, The Stuff of Legends, the enigma wrapped in a riddle stuffed in a paradox, Bruce Arians, was offered a HC position
Your mind is definately not working today. :D

RuthlessBurgher
02-10-2009, 02:09 PM
the enigma wrapped in a riddle stuffed in a paradox, Bruce Arians

eniparadoxgma is Bruce Arians?!?! :lol:

costanza2k1
02-10-2009, 02:10 PM
We'll see if the almighty Grimm will be the OC there now. Isn't he supposed to be an offensive God, I'm sure he could handle a wimpy OC job right?

proudpittsburgher
02-10-2009, 02:57 PM

Coaches have been plucked from the Steelers organization for years, yet we continue to remain atop the standings with deep runs in the playoffs year after year. If coach Butler thinks there is any chance he will supplant coach Lebeau after he retires, he'd be a fool to take anything else. And, to be honest, I would hope that he realizes that the Cards are a flash in the pan and it's hard to get excited for a position where no one (fans) cares about the outcome of the games.

Oviedo
02-10-2009, 03:08 PM
We'll see if the almighty Grimm will be the OC there now. Isn't he supposed to be an offensive God, I'm sure he could handle a wimpy OC job right?

We'll see if Grimm's buddy Whiz makes him the OC. My money is NO WAY. But then again why does he need to be a coordinator when he is such top notch head coach material. Just ask all the teams in the last 3-4 years that have passed on him. But you still have idiots on this board who think he should be the HC here. Amazing.

Iron Shiek
02-10-2009, 05:44 PM
the enigma wrapped in a riddle stuffed in a paradox, Bruce Arians

eniparadoxgma is Bruce Arians?!?! :lol:

Great, i've had enough of a tough time reading "eniparadoxgma" out loud to myself....now I'm gonna have to figure out "pararidenigmaledox". :wft :cry:

True Fan
02-10-2009, 06:58 PM

Well it figures. Whiz couldn't beat this team so he's trying to destroy them from within. :lol:

now you know how the lions fans feel

SteelTorch
02-10-2009, 07:40 PM

Still waiting for you to change your name...

proudpittsburgher
02-10-2009, 07:43 PM

Don't hold your breath. He got owned by Tomlins performance this year, but he will never admit to that. :roll:

True Fan
02-10-2009, 07:53 PM

i asked for a change a couple days ago..........let's see if others 'man up'..doubtful tho

NorthCoast
02-10-2009, 09:08 PM

Yeah, I bet Detroit feels the same way about us..... :P

RuthlessBurgher
02-10-2009, 10:15 PM

i asked for a change a couple days ago..........let's see if others 'man up'..doubtful tho

Who did you ask for a change? I'm a mod, and you never mentioned a request to have your name changed to me. Did you ask one of the other mods to change your name? :?:

SteelTorch
02-11-2009, 02:40 AM

Yeah, I bet Detroit feels the same way about us..... :P
True...but if anything, Detroit should be thanking us for sparing talented players from their franchise. :P

Jooser
02-11-2009, 09:28 AM
I was on the Cards board yesterday and there were several threads about Butler. They are all but frothing at the mouth to have Butler come coach their team's D. I couldn't help but ask them why they'd want such a thing since we only won the Super Bowl because the refs gave it to us. Also, I pointed out that according to them, their offense was sooo much better than our D. So, why then, would they want one of our lowly coaches to come coach their team? Oh, then it dawned on me. The only reason they had a shot at a championship was because they already have two coaches there steeped in Steelers legacy. LMAO, losers. :loser