PDA

View Full Version : Bogus Terrible Towel sold by NFL

SanAntonioSteelerFan
02-09-2009, 02:50 PM
http://www.nflshop.com/product/index.js ... cp=3459209 (http://www.nflshop.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3459356&cp=3459209)

I can't believe it's not a copyright infringement on Myron Cope's Turrible Tahl. Or maybe all the profits are going to MC's charity? 'Cause the NFL is just that kind of organization?

HAHAHAHA!

Iron Shiek
02-09-2009, 02:57 PM
I heard about this prior to the playoffs. They had towels made for the winning teams, just like the shirts, hats, etc. While they ripped the towel idea off (like so many loser teams have tried after desecrating it...<cough> Titstains...), I think even if Steelers would've lost, we would still see towels just with that goofy looking Cardinal on it.

Djfan
02-09-2009, 03:00 PM
Completely Lame!!

There has been an increase of "They don't get it" since Goodell showed up.

RuthlessBurgher
02-09-2009, 03:00 PM
I noticed that some players had them on the field after the game in Tampa. They are much bigger than Terrible Towels (3.5 feet long and 2 feet high). They are including them in the $90 Championship Bundle through NFLshop.com along with a shirt, hat, and DVD.

Mel Blount's G
02-09-2009, 03:17 PM
Completely Lame!!

There has been an increase of "They don't get it" since Goodell showed up.
Yup. He's doing what he can to run this league into the toilet.

phillyesq
02-09-2009, 03:43 PM
I expect (and hope) that sales of the fake NFL towels will be a monumental disappointment to the point that they aren't brought back. I can't imagine any true Steelers fan buying one.

The only way I can imagine they make any sales at all is a well intentioned but uniformed friend/relative of a fan buying one of those thinking it is the real terrible towel.

ikestops85
02-09-2009, 03:51 PM
I won't buy any of that stuff and it's a shame. Not only do they have a fake towel but the colors make it look like the Seahawks won the SB. If you look at the hat, except for the little Steeler emblem, with the green and blue colors there is no way I think that is a Steeler's hat. Yuck!!

Iron Shiek
02-09-2009, 03:57 PM
Yeah, I was just staring at my "Official" Super Bowl XL Champions hat I have hanging up this morning and thought to myself, "What a shame that reebok majorly effed up the design of these XLIII hats." The XL one was really nice, Gray and white with the XL logo and stuff. It looked like a hat I would wear even if it wasn't a Steeler hat. Not this new one though.

feltdizz
02-09-2009, 04:05 PM
They will make money but they won't hit their target numbers... who would want that junk besides the uninformed and the guys who buy everything.

Djfan
02-09-2009, 07:26 PM
They will make money but they won't hit their target numbers... who would want that junk besides the uninformed and the guys who buy everything.

Collectors. I have to admit I met a real fan who was wearing one on Sunday. It didn't look too bad, but I won't wear it. The ugly was out shouted by the pride the guy had in wearing it.

SteelerNation1
02-09-2009, 08:23 PM
the guys who buy everything.
That's me. I actually like the new hat. It's my 1st Steeler thing that isn't black, gold, gray, or white. Now I have a hat to wear with my blue or green shirt. :wink:

Mel Blount's G
02-09-2009, 08:32 PM

Collectors. I have to admit I met a real fan who was wearing one on Sunday. It didn't look too bad, but I won't wear it. The ugly was out shouted by the pride the guy had in wearing it.
And remember somebody on here who got married and wanted a whole bunch of tt's for the ceremony and what not? Well, assuming these are considerably cheaper, this would have fti the bill. In fact, anybody looking for a cheap alternative in bulk - i.e. any kind of steeler-themed party - might find these the way to go. Again, assuming these aren't even close in price to the real thing.

RuthlessBurgher
02-09-2009, 11:17 PM
That's me. I actually like the new hat. It's my 1st Steeler thing that isn't black, gold, gray, or white. Now I have a hat to wear with my blue or green shirt. :wink:

I am wearing the locker room championship hat right now (won't buy the stupid "trophy towel" though). For me, worse than the color scheme, I'm not used to this FlexFit business. Guys with big ol' brains like me have larger than average craniums, so it feels like I'm wearing a d@mn headband all day. I would rather a regular hat that I can adjust, even if it is a velcro adjust like the last Super Bowl Championship hat.

Starlifter
02-09-2009, 11:25 PM
the trophy towel is worthless. absolutely fugly and did anyone notice the dimensions? too big to wave, too small to dry off 'Big Snack'. We bought a bunch of championship stuff at Dick's but my wife and I looked at that crap towel and said - no way.

RuthlessBurgher
02-09-2009, 11:34 PM
the trophy towel is worthless. absolutely fugly and did anyone notice the dimensions? too big to wave, too small to dry off 'Big Snack'. We bought a bunch of championship stuff at bad word's but my wife and I looked at that crap towel and said - no way.

Who would want to wave a white towel anyway? Isn't that the international sign for surrender?

feltdizz
02-09-2009, 11:44 PM

I am wearing the locker room championship hat right now (won't buy the stupid "trophy towel" though). For me, worse than the color scheme, I'm not used to this FlexFit business. Guys with big ol' brains like me have larger than average craniums, so it feels like I'm wearing a d@mn headband all day. I would rather a regular hat that I can adjust, even if it is a velcro adjust like the last Super Bowl Championship hat.

flex is a great idea but they should have flex regular and flex XL.... I have a gangster steeler flex... all black with just a yellow circle around an all black logo. But I get headaches if I wear it too long.