PDA

View Full Version : (probably) dumb question

steelnavy
02-09-2009, 01:02 PM
If Larry Foote goes away this year, does Lawrence Timmons fit better in Foote's spot or Harrison's? Timmons is faster than Harrison and Harrison can stuff the run better. Shouldn't Harrison then be moved to inside linebacker to allow Timmons to rush the qback from the outside?

Let the beatings begin...

SteelerNation1
02-09-2009, 01:20 PM
If Larry Foote goes away this year, does Lawrence Timmons fit better in Foote's spot or Harrison's? Timmons is faster than Harrison and Harrison can stuff the run better. Shouldn't Harrison then be moved to inside linebacker to allow Timmons to rush the qback from the outside?

Fair question, but you CANNOT move a 16 sack guy inside.

pfelix73
02-09-2009, 01:33 PM
I doubt Foote goes anywhere at this point. Unless he's a FA, but I thought he had 1 year left....

RuthlessBurgher
02-09-2009, 01:42 PM
I doubt Foote goes anywhere at this point. Unless he's a FA, but I thought he had 1 year left....

He does have one year left, but the cap number is nearly $4 million if I recall correctly. They cut Joey Porter with one year left and a high cap number and inserted Harrison into his spot. They could cut (or trade) Foote (to his hometown Lions?) to save some room under the cap and insert Timmons into his spot.

calmkiller
02-09-2009, 02:20 PM
I believe they would put Timmons in his spot because Foote's position requires more coverage. Farrior is the run stopper.

feltdizz
02-09-2009, 02:47 PM
I think Foote stays... unless I hear him say he wants out I don't believe the friends of his who say he wants to go to the Lions...

but Timmons would fill his spot. Harrison made too many splash plays to move him.

Mel Blount's G
02-09-2009, 03:21 PM

Xactly. Also, I've yet to see evidence Timmons can blow over an RB let alone a LT whilst pass rushing. He improved leaps and bounds this year but it irked me on a number of occasions how he was chipped off a QB sack by a RB rather easily I thought. Eat over at Casey's house and hit the weights this off season Olajawon if you wanna steal Deebo's spot

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
02-09-2009, 03:35 PM
You guys do realize this kid is only 22??? He is going to be a beast--he's got some learning to do and some more growing to do!

papillon
02-09-2009, 03:36 PM

Xactly. Also, I've yet to see evidence Timmons can blow over an RB let alone a LT whilst pass rushing. He improved leaps and bounds this year but it irked me on a number of occasions how he was chipped off a QB sack by a RB rather easily I thought. Eat over at Casey's house and hit the weights this off season Olajawon if you wanna steal Deebo's spot

I noticed this as well and attributed it more to attacking at full speed rather than getting himself under control before trying to make the play. Unless, you are rushing from the blindside and the QB can't see you coming you have to gather yourself and get in a good position to make a play. If you attack at full speed you are susceptible to a sidestep by the QB or being chipped easily by an RB.

I think he may fallen in love with his speed too much and thought he could get to the QB before he was chipped, so, he didn't take a good angle or attack speed. Hopefully, he'll watch film and it would be awesome to get Kevin Greene back in camp again next year to work with Timmons again.

Pappy

Jigawatts
02-09-2009, 03:38 PM

I noticed this as well and attributed it more to attacking at full speed rather than getting himself under control before trying to make the play. Unless, you are rushing from the blindside and the QB can't see you coming you have to gather yourself and get in a good position to make a play. If you attack at full speed you are susceptible to a sidestep by the QB or being chipped easily by an RB.

I think he may fallen in love with his speed too much and thought he could get to the QB before he was chipped, so, he didn't take a good angle or attack speed. Hopefully, he'll watch film and it would be awesome to get Kevin Greene back in camp again next year to work with Timmons again.

Pappy

Kevin Greene is with the Packers now. However, I think Eric Green is available. :P

papillon
02-09-2009, 03:41 PM

Pappy

Kevin Greene is with the Packers now. However, I think Eric Green is available. :P

:moon

The Packers? Really? As a coach? consultant?

Pappy

stlrz d
02-09-2009, 03:43 PM
KG is linebackers coach for Dom Capers in GB.

Iron Shiek
02-09-2009, 03:52 PM
Yup...LB coach. They are switching to the 3-4...so Greene will work with Aaron Kampan's conversion from DE to OLB...

stlrz d
02-09-2009, 04:33 PM
Yup...LB coach. They are switching to the 3-4...so Greene will work with Aaron Kampan's conversion from DE to OLB...

One of my buddies thinks this will not work. Especially with Kampman.

Iron Shiek
02-09-2009, 05:06 PM
Yeah...I have no clue about the Packers defensive situation and whether or not it will work. I'd like to see Capers and Greene succeed though.

stlrz d
02-09-2009, 07:26 PM
Yeah...I have no clue about the Packers defensive situation and whether or not it will work. I'd like to see Capers and Greene succeed elsewhere though.

FTFY. :P

Djfan
02-09-2009, 07:27 PM
[quote="Iron Shiek":crh0j3v9]Yeah...I have no clue about the Packers defensive situation and whether or not it will work. I'd like to see Capers and Greene succeed elsewhere though.

FTFY. :P[/quote:crh0j3v9]

Hater!

stlrz d
02-09-2009, 07:32 PM
[quote="Iron Shiek":1gu2lz2h]Yeah...I have no clue about the Packers defensive situation and whether or not it will work. I'd like to see Capers and Greene succeed elsewhere though.

Packers Hater![/quote:1gu2lz2h]