PDA

View Full Version : Free Agents?

AkronSteel
02-08-2009, 02:54 PM
Wow....he would be a great get for our team! He already has experience in the 3-4 from Dallas and would step into a nice DE rotation with Keisel and Smitty! He has great size and would be awesome to add to the front seven! I know we can't get everyone but if we resigned BMAC, Starks, Essex and signed Carey from the Dolphins and Canty from the Cowboys plus our draft I would be very happy! Man.....I'm bored with no football on Sunday's!! This sucks already!

AkronSteel
02-08-2009, 03:02 PM
I didn't realize that Jason Brown is a free agent too!! That would also be a good option for us as we need help in the interior of the OL. Sorry I am just going through a list of free agents and I am noticing names that I didn't realize would be out there! Baltimore is going to lose at least two of Suggs, Scott, Lewis, and Brown! That could be serious trouble for them. I can't imagine Ray Ray in another uniform but I can't say I would mind him not being in the division anymore!

buckeyehoppy
02-08-2009, 04:13 PM
AS: who were you referring to in the first post? Canty?

Brown might be a good add if you didn't want to use the draft to try and get a starting caliber player. I don't see the Steelers going there if they are going to reach out to Silverback and BMac, but who knows what the Steelers might have up their sleeve?

I don't think the 'Tards re-up Ray Squared. He's gonna want the king's ransom. For a 12 year vet? I don't think Ozzie and the 'Tards Brain Fart Trust will be that desperate. Ray Squared is going to land with a big spending team with loads of room under the cap.

But I'm with ya on the 'Tards chances next year. Granted, they have the same cream puff sked we do. But if they lose more than one between Ray Squared, Scott and Sucks then, yes, they could have some issues 2 B sure.

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
02-08-2009, 04:36 PM
He is talking about Chris Canty from Dallas--3-4 end. I say we look into the draft for our D-Linemen.

AkronSteel
02-08-2009, 08:04 PM
Sorry BH I was talking about Chris Canty! He was the original name on the thread but then I kept reading and finding other gems out there so I changed the name of the thread!! :oops:

I hear ya Smash Mouth....I really don't see the Steelers spending the $ on Canty but I have wanted this guy since he came into the league and I think he would add alot to our front seven, but you're probably right we will probably get our D Line help in the draft!