PDA

View Full Version : ABC News person of the Week - The Cope Family

JAR
02-07-2009, 08:43 AM
http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=6824255

Chachi
02-07-2009, 09:18 AM
Very Nice.

I wonder why the black terrible towels never caught on or were made.

Not bright enough?

stlrz d
02-07-2009, 11:04 AM
Very Nice.

Not bright enough?

I was amazed how many times I heard people ask for them while I was in the Burgh. Every store, every vendor stand...I heard someone asking for a black one.

*steps up on soap box*

THE TERRIBLE TOWEL IS GOLD PEOPLE!!!

*steps down*

Carry on. :P

proudpittsburgher
02-07-2009, 11:47 AM
Very Nice.

Not bright enough?

I was amazed how many times I heard people ask for them while I was in the Burgh. Every store, every vendor stand...I heard someone asking for a black one.

*steps up on soap box*

*steps down*

No No, stay up there for all of us. Let's get rid of these people who want a different variation of it because they like the way it looks. It is what it is, people. It is gold!

RuthlessBurgher
02-07-2009, 11:47 AM
Very Nice.

Not bright enough?

*steps up on soap box*

*steps down*

I always bring two towels to every game, and one of them is a woven one (half gold, half black). Instead of the words "Terrible Towel" being screenprinted on a gold towel, the words are sewn right in. Therefore, on one side is the traditional gold towel with black lettering. On the other side, it is a black towel with gold lettering (of course, on the black side, all of the letters are backwards but you can read it fine with the help of a mirror). It's the best of both worlds, and I will never have to deal with the screen printing crumbling or falling off from repeated twirling. Along with that towel, the SBXL Towel that I bought in Detroit has come with me to every game in the past 3 years, but I just retired it in favor of the SBXLIII towel I bought in Tampa.

stlrz d
02-07-2009, 11:55 AM
Very Nice.

Not bright enough?

*steps up on soap box*

*steps down*

No No, stay up there for all of us. Let's get rid of these people who want a different variation of it because they like the way it looks. It is what it is, people. It is gold!

Gold is what Myron Sidney Kopelman intended it to be so gold is what it is and what it always should be.

RuthlessBurgher
02-07-2009, 12:00 PM
Very Nice.

Not bright enough?

*steps up on soap box*

*steps down*

By the way, regular black Terrible Towels were marketed. My Dad has one, actually. In Myron's book, when they were coming up with the idea, they were talking about "gold and black towels, the color of the Steelers." Myron piped in with "No, black won't provide color. We'll tell 'em to bring gold or yellow towels." (This was when the idea was first hatched, before Terrible Towels were actually being sold, Myron just urged people to bring towels that you had at home for that playoff game against the Baltimore Colts). They had to get approval from the general manager of the Hearst Broadcasting System before they could take the idea to the airwaves, and he said "No, we must have black too. If we exclude black, we'll be asking for trouble from the Human Relations Commission and the FCC." Hence, the black Terrible Towel was born.

http://gogameface.com/content/uploads/STEELERS3.jpg

pfelix73
02-07-2009, 01:09 PM
R.I.P. Myron.

I thought of you right after the clock struck all 0's last weekend and knew that you were watching with pride from above.

I have a towl from the 80's and it's the one that goes with me to the home games that I attend. It's not really 'gold' or 'yellow' anymore with all of the use it gets, but let's just say it's a cross between an off yellow and tan.

GO Steelers!

:tt1