PDA

View Full Version : John Clayton's 2009 SB predictions

anger 82&95
02-06-2009, 04:29 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs2 ... id=3881228 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs2008/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=3881228)

I hope the cheaters enjoy digesting their “second toughest” schedule next year! Hopefully they will choke as expertly as they did during their much touted year of “imperfection.”

Iron Shiek
02-06-2009, 04:36 PM
Cool article i guess. But that's exactly what it is, a guess. But I'd say the teams he listed are probably the frontrunners. But you just know we are going to see a team come out of nowhere like every year.

The craziest thing of that entire article is that the Super Bowl is being played February 7th. :wft At this rate, the draft will have to be delayed a week so the super bowl can be played in late April and we can figure out who picks 32nd....geez.

Steelgal
02-06-2009, 04:38 PM
I think it's hilarious the Falcons, with 2nd year quarterback and coach are mentioned, but not the Ravens...........

:ratsuck

Iron Shiek
02-06-2009, 04:40 PM
Because the Ravens have to go through us...which they've proved that they can't for some time now.

The Falcons have to get past the Panthers...which doesn't seem that difficult if the real Delhomme (he of the 5 int's) shows up. Don't count the Bucs out though!!!

SidSmythe
02-06-2009, 05:38 PM
The Raven's are ALL defense.
Defense scores, Defense sets up offense to score, etc

They lost their Def. Coor. , Suggs will be gone and Ray Lewis might be gone.

Flacco will be a good QB, but not anytime soon.

LasVegasGuy
02-06-2009, 07:19 PM
Because the Ravens have to go through us...which they've proved that they can't for some time now.

The Falcons have to get past the Panthers...which doesn't seem that difficult if the real Delhomme (he of the 5 int's) shows up. Don't count the Bucs out though!!!

They also have the luxury of playing the Patriots and Colts because they finished second and so did these teams. I think the Colts will be better and so will the Patriots. They also will lose some key guys on defense and they already lost their defensive coordinator.

I see this team having a hard time getting to 8-8 next year.

Mick'sTeam
02-06-2009, 10:23 PM
Cool article i guess. But that's exactly what it is, a guess. But I'd say the teams he listed are probably the frontrunners. But you just know we are going to see a team come out of nowhere like every year.

The craziest thing of that entire article is that the Super Bowl is being played February 7th. :wft At this rate, the draft will have to be delayed a week so the super bowl can be played in late April and we can figure out who picks 32nd....geez.

So #7 (Ben) could be playing for #7 (Lombardi) on the 7th? I'm not a betting man but sounds pretty good to me!!!

stlrz d
02-06-2009, 10:35 PM
[quote="Iron Shiek":2idd036p]Cool article i guess. But that's exactly what it is, a guess. But I'd say the teams he listed are probably the frontrunners. But you just know we are going to see a team come out of nowhere like every year.

So #7 (Ben) could be playing for #7 (Lombardi) on the 7th? I'm not a betting man but sounds pretty good to me!!![/quote:2idd036p]

Yes Sir!

:tt2