PDA

View Full Version : NFLN America's Game SBXLIII - pick the three

rpmpit
02-06-2009, 08:42 AM
I think most of you know about NFLN series, America's Game. They usually have three people associated with the team (players, coaches, owners) who discuss the season, playoffs, Super Bowl, etc.

So who do you guys think will be the three from this season? I think Ben and Tomlin are a lock with Troy, Farrior, Santonio, Harrison and maybe Heath as the third.

I'll go with:
1. Ben
2. Tomlin
3. Troy

ray
02-06-2009, 08:55 AM
I think most of you know about NFLN series, America's Game. They usually have three people associated with the team (players, coaches, owners) who discuss the season, playoffs, Super Bowl, etc.

So who do you guys think will be the three from this season? I think Ben and Tomlin are a lock with Troy, Farrior, Santonio, Harrison and maybe Heath as the third.

I'll go with:
1. Ben
2. Tomlin
3. Troy
They'd have someone from both offense and defense so I'd say...

1. Ben - game winning drive
2. Harrison - NFL defensive MVP
3. Rooney and/or Tomlin

MeetJoeGreene
02-06-2009, 09:37 AM
Ben
Tomlin
Farrior

SteelerNation1
02-06-2009, 10:00 AM
rpm,
I have been thinking about this for weeks. I'll go with
1. Ben
2. Holmes
3. Farrior

rpmpit
02-06-2009, 10:04 AM
rpm,
1. Ben
2. Holmes
3. Farrior

I said Tomlin was a lock. But maybe with his attitude about forgetting this Super Bowl and moving on to next year he might be reluctant to do America's Game. Is that what you're thinking, SN1?

In any case, I can't wait to see this :tt1

Starlifter
02-06-2009, 10:15 AM
if you're in the burgh, Best Buy just got a new shipment of the first 5 dvd's all put together in one package.......

SteelerNation1
02-06-2009, 10:31 AM
rpm,
1. Ben
2. Holmes
3. Farrior

I said Tomlin was a lock. But maybe with his attitude about forgetting this Super Bowl and moving on to next year he might be reluctant to do America's Game. Is that what you're thinking, SN1?

In any case, I can't wait to see this :tt1
Yes Sir! I think you have to have Ben and Tone for obvious reasons. On D, I think Harrison would just stare down the cameraman and not really talk, and Troy is too soft spoken for something like America's Game. Farrior is good on camera.

RuthlessBurgher
02-06-2009, 11:13 AM
The real question is, which of the guys will have the quote that makes it to the commercial that is played 43,000,000 times? We've all heard Cowher on a seemingly endless loop talking about "That was a special moment" with the quivering lip when talking about his daughters meeting him on the field in Detroit after the game, followed, of course, by Namath's "We Did It!" Who's next?

Acero
02-06-2009, 11:25 AM
The real question is, which of the guys will have the quote that makes it to the commercial that is played 43,000,000 times? We've all heard Cowher on a seemingly endless loop talking about "That was a special moment" with the quivering lip when talking about his daughters meeting him on the field in Detroit after the game, followed, of course, by Namath's "We Did It!" Who's next?

AAAAARGH!! I HATE that promo!! They have FOURTY TWO superbowls to choose from and can only come up with ONE promo for the show?

I'm SICK of Singletary's "we KNEW... in that huddle..."

I'm SICK of Elway getting chills just thinking about it...

I'm SICK of Cowher's quivering lip and misty eyes...

I'm SICK of Namath's SAME THREE WORDS... OVER and OVER and OVER!

I can't believe they've only been running that ONE promo.

To get back on topic, I think it'll be Tomlin, Ben and somebody out of left field... maybe Jeff Reed.

Iron Shiek
02-06-2009, 12:14 PM

AAAAARGH!! I HATE that promo!! They have FOURTY TWO superbowls to choose from and can only come up with ONE promo for the show?

To get back on topic, I think it'll be Tomlin, Ben and somebody out of left field... maybe Jeff Reed.

Jeff Reed wouldn't be out of left field to me. Willie Colon would be.

Actually, I'd like it if they came out with a second version, sort of a spoof and Gay was on there.

My three: Ben, Aaron Smith, Arians...

haha...just kidding.

Ben, Aaron Smith and Holmes

SanAntonioSteelerFan
02-06-2009, 12:29 PM
How about:

1) Ben
2) Gay
3) Colon

All commercials brought to you by the American Board of Gastroenterology.

rpmpit
02-06-2009, 12:34 PM

Jeff Reed wouldn't be out of left field to me. Willie Colon would be.

Actually, I'd like it if they came out with a second version, sort of a spoof and Gay was on there.

My three: Ben, Aaron Smith, Arians...

haha...just kidding.

Ben, Aaron Smith and Holmes

I'd love to see Aaron Smith on it.

Mick'sTeam
02-06-2009, 12:45 PM

I'll go with:
1. Ben
2. Tomlin
3. Troy

My three would be:
1. LeBeau
2. Ben
3. Tie b/w Troy and Harrison

Either way, LeBeau would be at the top of my list.

SidSmythe
02-06-2009, 12:48 PM
#1: Ben (naturally)
#2: Harrison (Get him on camera)
#3: Hines Ward (this could be his last superbowl)

Please no James Farrior, he might be the biggest dork in the NFL
Mike Tomlin has another one to win before we let him talk about this one :tt2

steelblood
02-06-2009, 03:56 PM
No way Harrison does it. He hates interviews. Farrior would love to do it and would be funny. Ben and Tomlin would be entertaining. I'll say

Ben
Tomlin
Farrior or Holmes (he was huge in every playoff game).

Iron Shiek
02-06-2009, 03:57 PM
How about:

1) Ben
2) Gay
3) Colon

All commercials brought to you by the American Board of Gastroenterology.

:lol: :lol: :Clap :Clap

NW Steeler
02-06-2009, 08:19 PM
Ben
Woodley
Starks

Yeah, I know, but Starks is a pretty good talker.....and Woodley is a future quote machine, IMO...

I don't think any coaches on this team will do it.

costanza2k1
02-07-2009, 01:16 AM
Does anyone know the timetable on when this will get played/released?

Iron Shiek
02-09-2009, 10:10 AM
Steve Sabol is on Sirius NFL Radio.

He says the three they are going to go for are Coach T, Ben and Troy.

:tt2

Didn't say when it would be done. He said they just started planning for it and haven't even made official who the three will be.

AkronSteel
02-09-2009, 10:46 AM
I would like to see!

Ben
Mike Tomlin
Farrior - need to have the leader of the defense for this one!