PDA

View Full Version : And the winner is?

fordfixer
02-06-2009, 02:06 AM
Todd Haley named Chief's head coach as per NFLN

BradshawsHairdresser
02-06-2009, 12:30 PM
Dang. You think anyone else will even have a thought about hiring Bruce Arians away from us?

RuthlessBurgher
02-06-2009, 12:58 PM
Dang. You think anyone else will even have a thought about hiring Bruce Arians away from us?

I don't think so, because I don't believe coaches can make lateral moves unless their contracts are up (i.e. cannot leave his spot as O.C. here to become an O.C. somewhere else while under contract). He could only leave for a promotion. Perhaps if somewhere were to give him a fancier title like Asst. Head Coach/O.C. maybe it would be kosher, but the likelihood of that happening is slim to none, so it looks like Brucie is back for another go-around here next season.

MeetJoeGreene
02-06-2009, 01:57 PM

I don't think so, because I don't believe coaches can make lateral moves unless their contracts are up (i.e. cannot leave his spot as O.C. here to become an O.C. somewhere else while under contract). He could only leave for a promotion. Perhaps if somewhere were to give him a fancier title like Asst. Head Coach/O.C. maybe it would be kosher, but the likelihood of that happening is slim to none, so it looks like Brucie is back for another go-around here next season.

I thought that they could but that we might get draft choices as compenstation.

WAIT!!! DO YOU MEAN WE COULD GET RID OF ARIANS AND GET A 3RD ROUND DRAFT CHOICE??????? WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

papillon
02-06-2009, 04:38 PM

Not if they just fire his a$$, after all the economy is in a downturn. :P

Pappy