PDA

View Full Version : Bill Simmons is a joke - ESPN

steelz09
02-05-2009, 12:40 PM
Bill Simmons from ESPN is a joke.

This guys hatred for the Steelers is unbelievable. He's a Patriot fan which is understandable but my god, I can't stand listening to this punk. Listen to his podcasts over the past couple of days and you'll see.

Even worse, did anyone read his article about the "Greatest Super Bowl Ever?!?!" . It was a mock on the game, a mock on the Steelers, a mock on the announcers, a mock on the half time show.. it was just disgusting... Not only that, that article was on the home page of ESPN's NFL section. I can't believe they give this guy that type of credibility. ESPN should be ashamed of themselves. The only guy I think may be worse is Skip Bayless.

ESPN's quality is getting worse and worse. They are more about "shock factor" then true analysis.

SidSmythe
02-05-2009, 01:02 PM
What do you expect from TV networks.

They hate all things that are good.

The Steelers
True Conservatism
The God of the Bible
People who don't follow their way of thinking.
etc.

No big deal . . . been in this position for years!! You'll get use to it.

Snatch98
02-05-2009, 01:10 PM
I agree. I also hate Skip Bayless but on first and ten he was issuing quite a bit of Big ben/Steeler love saying that Big Ben should have been league MVP and if you included the playoffs was the landslide MVP. He also goes on to say that he's number 2 behind only Brady in the "whose the best controversy" so he was giving credit where credit is due.

feltdizz
02-05-2009, 02:44 PM
ESPN is full of haters.... the Steeler hate is too funny...

Imagine if you hated the Steelers though???
The hits and highlights we put out this season and come from behind victories have to be frustrating....

Imagine watching that as a Pats* fan? You know everyone on of them were throwing sh$t and punching walls... I bet a few of them had to buy new laptops from finger punching too hard.

brothervad
02-05-2009, 03:55 PM
I think it's time to use one of my favorite quotes to assess what I think about the talking head in the media world...

I think the quote fits well here

“When a true genius appears in this world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him.” Jonathan Swift

brothervad