PDA

View Full Version : I was just interviewed

stlrz d
02-05-2009, 10:47 AM
by Joe Starkey of Steelers Digest!

I called into a radio station sometime around 2AM when they were looking for a name for Santonio's catch. I started my call by thanking the city of Pittsburgh and the people of Pittsburgh for being so welcoming to me. They asked where I was from, I told them, we chatted about that a bit and then before they cut me loose they sent me to a producer so they could get my phone number.

Well, Joe called me this morning and asked me about how I became a Steelers fan, why I went to the Burgh for the game, yada yada yada. We chatted for probably 10-15 minutes and he had to go...deadline for his story is 11AM ET today.

He's going to email me a copy of the story when it's done so I'll post it here. Those of you who get Steelers Digest will see it in print of course.

Yes Sir! :tt2

Iron Shiek
02-05-2009, 10:49 AM
$$$$$$

:tt2 :tt2 :tt2

Hopefully you represented the Planet well!!! Good job. Can't wait to see the story.

Djfan
02-05-2009, 10:55 AM
You are in the top 10 of people who should be interviewed to represent the Steelers family.

Well done! That pilgrimage paid off, huh? You're famous now.

RuthlessBurgher
02-05-2009, 10:58 AM
Joe Starkey thinks that stlrz_d should go into the Hall of Fame AS A STEELER!!! :P

stlrz d
02-05-2009, 11:01 AM
Joe Starkey thinks that stlrz_d should go into the Hall of Fame AS A STEELER!!! :P

Holy hell, those were his exact words! Are you really Joe Starkey?

Thanks guys...it was pretty cool and I'm excited to see the story!

RuthlessBurgher
02-05-2009, 11:03 AM

Did you correct him and tell him that you would have to go into the Hall with no particular affiliation and just a small plaque below the bust with the specifics of your career fandom? :mrgreen:

stlrz d
02-05-2009, 11:12 AM

Did you correct him and tell him that you would have to go into the Hall with no particular affiliation and just a small plaque below the bust with the specifics of your career fandom? :mrgreen:

Are you kidding...and risk being cut from the story??? :lol:

Djfan
02-05-2009, 11:20 AM
[quote=RuthlessBurgher]Joe Starkey thinks that stlrz_d should go into the Hall of Fame AS A STEELER!!! :P

Are you kidding...and risk being cut from the story??? :lol:[/quote:2znzs820]

I don't know D, now you change your stance. It seems like you're selling out to get into the hall.

costanza2k1
02-05-2009, 11:28 AM
That's awesome! I'll look for the story. Did you tell him how crazy you get when you hear Renegade and randomly start tackling people?

JAR
02-05-2009, 11:36 AM
Very nice!

:tt2

RuthlessBurgher
02-05-2009, 11:53 AM
That's awesome! I'll look for the story. Did you tell him how crazy you get when you hear Renegade and randomly start tackling people?

Yeah, folks that don't like Renegade are not allowed to go into the Hall of Fame as a Steeler. You will have to go in as a Packer (even though it would be much more costly to mold an entire cheesehead out of bronze). We will take those cold weather Lambeau bikini girls in exchange for you. :lol:

stlrz d
02-05-2009, 12:01 PM
I admit it...I'm a sell out! :lol: :P

And I still hate Renegade!!! :moon

MeetJoeGreene
02-05-2009, 12:16 PM
That is cool.

What did you propose as a name for the catch?

Tell him to come looking on this forum if he needs any good (photoshopped) pictures to use....

stlrz d
02-05-2009, 12:42 PM
That is cool.

Tell him to come looking on this forum if he needs any good (photoshopped) pictures to use....

I don't wanna say because it was really bad. :oops: It was really just an excuse to call in and publicly give thanks to the city and the people of the city.

Ok, ok, my lame name (again, it was just a reason to call in) was "The Stick" because of the way the ball just STUCK in Santonio's hands. There was no bobble or juggle...that ball simply STUCK.

It was bad, but what made it awful was someone right before me (one of the hosts) calling it "Ben to Ten".

Never mind...even if that hadn't happened it was awful.

Did I mention it was just an excuse to call in? :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
02-05-2009, 01:16 PM
That is cool.

I don't wanna say because it was really bad. :oops: It was really just an excuse to call in and publicly give thanks to the city and the people of the city.

Ok, ok, my lame name (again, it was just a reason to call in) was "The Stick" because of the way the ball just STUCK in Santonio's hands. There was no bobble or juggle...that ball simply STUCK.

It was bad, but what made it awful was someone right before me (one of the hosts) calling it "Ben to Ten".

Ben 10 is a cartoon about aliens. Can you tell that I have a 7 year old son?

http://bp3.blogger.com/_5L4JifdQmfg/R2NUbmWEf-I/AAAAAAAABSY/Y0qUo9fI8lY/s400/ben10.JPG

Iron Shiek
02-05-2009, 01:39 PM
That is cool.

http://bp3.blogger.com/_5L4JifdQmfg/R2NUbmWEf-I/AAAAAAAABSY/Y0qUo9fI8lY/s400/ben10.JPG

Took the words right out of my hands Ruthless. Ben 10 is mildly entertaining...my 7 year old tackles me if I try to change it though. Ha,

SteelerOfDeVille
02-05-2009, 01:57 PM
That is cool.

I suggested calling that combo that earlier (at the trib).

Iron Shiek
02-05-2009, 01:59 PM
Holy crap I remember that!

Yeah, it had a nice ring to it...but your Ben 10 is better than Ben to 10.