PDA

View Full Version : why leftwich will leave.....

Starlifter
02-05-2009, 01:39 AM
if you watched NFL replay tonight at the end of the game Ben hugs Byron and tells him 'I got you one!'

It would be great if he stayed, but now that he has a ring I suspect he will want to go to a team where he can start and earn another on his own merits. My money is on him leaving. Too bad though, I think he'd be great here for another 10 years.

Looks like Ben, Batch and Dixon to me...........

Chadman
02-05-2009, 02:27 AM
Nothing wrong with Ben, Batch & Dixon.

Leftwich was a great luxury, but with Batch back, probably at a cheaper rate than Leftwich, and with Dixon progressing, what's the drama?

Flasteel
02-05-2009, 07:40 AM
I think most of us knew we had Lefty for one season only and were cool with that. I too like the combo of Ben, Batch, & Dixon.

Seriously, did anyone think he'd be here beyond this season?

AngryAsian
02-05-2009, 08:07 AM
I think most of us knew we had Lefty for one season only and were cool with that. I too like the combo of Ben, Batch, & Dixon.

Call me nostalgic, but I think this offense would be doing itself a great disservice if we only had Dixon holding a clip board during his tenure with us. Why not implement him in a role other than QB... he could do no worse than Sweed or Baker this year. Ah the days of SLASH.

Discipline of Steel
02-05-2009, 09:53 AM

Call me nostalgic, but I think this offense would be doing itself a great disservice if we only had Dixon holding a clip board during his tenure with us. Why not implement him in a role other than QB... he could do no worse than Sweed or Baker this year. Ah the days of SLASH.

I actually see Dixon as the backup QB next year with Batch holding the clipboard and funtioning in a 3rd QB/asst coach role.

RuthlessBurgher
02-05-2009, 11:11 AM

I actually see Dixon as the backup QB next year with Batch holding the clipboard and funtioning in a 3rd QB/asst coach role.

In that case, Dixon could be used in more of a Slash-type wildcat role for a few plays each game to stir things up (which he could not do as the designated 3rd emergency QB this season).

Discipline of Steel
02-05-2009, 11:20 AM

In that case, Dixon could be used in more of a Slash-type wildcat role for a few plays each game to stir things up (which he could not do as the designated 3rd emergency QB this season).

Exactly. Plus he can start getting his feet wet leading the offense. Charlie can gradually slide into his role as assistant coach but be available for the active roster if it becomes apparent Dixon cant hold the job.

Djfan
02-05-2009, 11:36 AM
[quote=Flasteel]I think most of us knew we had Lefty for one season only and were cool with that. I too like the combo of Ben, Batch, & Dixon.

Exactly. Plus he can start getting his feet wet leading the offense. Charlie can gradually slide into his role as assistant coach but be available for the active roster if it becomes apparent Dixon cant hold the job.[/quote:26cm65sv]

This is the best scenario.

Lonbull
02-05-2009, 06:34 PM
I'd like to see the Steelers bring in Dan Orlovsky to compete for back-up QB. As long as the asking price is right I'd go for it.

Charlie Batch has never been able to stay healthy - and I don't think he offers any great insight to Ben at this point. IMO - we need a player not another coach.

However Mr. Rooney really likes C. Batch, so he'll probably be picking up another check and let's just hope either our O-Line is fixed or Dixon is ready.

L.B.

AngryAsian
02-05-2009, 06:40 PM
I'd like to see the Steelers bring in Dan Orlovsky to compete for back-up QB. As long as the asking price is right I'd go for it.

Charlie Batch has never been able to stay healthy - and I don't think he offers any great insight to Ben at this point. IMO - we need a player not another coach.

However Mr. Rooney really likes C. Batch, so he'll probably be picking up another check and let's just hope either our O-Line is fixed or Dixon is ready.

L.B.

So LB, you think the Orlovsky can be shipped to us in an effort to give Foote the contract he's seeking in Detroit? I'd rather let Foote go for a draft pick.

Steeler Shades
02-05-2009, 06:59 PM
:tt2 :tt2 :tt2
Minus the nostalgic feelings for Slash, I agree completely. 8)