PDA

View Full Version : Inside the NFL

Iron Shiek
02-04-2009, 11:11 PM
Ha..freakin Tomlin is hilarious.

First drive while they are reviewing Ben's td that was overturned:

He looks at Ben and says "You looked like Tim Tebow on that play."

Then he is talking to the ref saying something about getting shafted.

Then he is talking to one of the non-dressed players sayin that the ref says it looks close which means he's not in. In the middle of all that, he tells said player..."Nice sweatshirt."

Ha.

This show is great. They are showing alot of candid moments from the sideline. Lots of Tomlin reactions from ben's scrambling and what not. Awesome. Tomlin is awesome.

Other notes: NFL Films/Harry Kalas dubbed Harrison's play the Immaculate Interception. It fits I suppose.

Also they highlighted the fact that Fitzgerald went out of bounds and ran into Rolle who slowed him down, and nobody but Phil Simms mentioned (as an aside) the fact that Fitz ran out of bounds for 15 yards which is in fact illegal and the refs didn't call.

EDIT: Wow I encourage everyone to try and watch this somehow. It airs on Showtime. If you don't have it, find some way to see it. NFL Films is awesome. I didn't know Ben was talking on a cell phone after the game on the field, and he said, "I look forward to seein you soon. Thanks alot Mr. President." Wait....what? How crazy?

And Tomlin annointed Woodley as the man to clinch the game. He told him we need him to win and to go out there and grow up some. Then he goes and makes that awesome strip sack. He almost got knocked down twice, went back and forth about 3 times then got to Warner. It was just a wonderful play by Wood.

Iron Shiek
02-04-2009, 11:46 PM
I'm done editing my original post so I replied to myself.

Polamalu was interviewed after the game in the locker room. And I remember reading somewhere a writer questioning why Holmes kept saying "Gimme that Sticky Lombardi or Dickie Lombardie." Well Troy cleared it up. He was holding the trophy and it had marks all over it...fingerprints and whatnot. And he said "look at this thing...coach always talks about passing around a Sticky Lombardi."

stlrz d
02-04-2009, 11:51 PM
Dude, I had to watch Wonderland on the 101. Inside the NFL is up next for me!

Iron Shiek
02-05-2009, 12:01 AM
Warren Sapp had the line of the show. Watch it til the end when they are wrapping the show up.

Just raggin on Cris Collinsworth a bit.

stlrz d
02-05-2009, 12:09 AM
It was Batch who got the sweatshirt comment.

Steeler Expat
02-05-2009, 12:42 AM
The Game of the Week video is up on nfl.com which has a lot of the audio mentioned in this thread. It is awesome.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80e93513

Iron Shiek
02-05-2009, 08:37 AM
How do I go about saving that vid? Is there any way...or is it just something I have to save the link for.

papillon
02-05-2009, 09:41 AM
On Woodley's strip sack at the end the DBs covered for about 6 seconds, that's not too shabby.

Pappy