PDA

View Full Version : Steve Young,Mora jerks we will never be given the credit

feelthesteel
02-04-2009, 06:03 AM
They are all JEALOUS boo hoo

Scarletfire1970
02-04-2009, 07:19 AM
Steve Young gave Ben major props after the game. So I am not sure what you are talking about.

rpmpit
02-04-2009, 09:48 AM
Yeah, Young was surprisingly very complimentary to Ben after the game. Totally agree on Mora though. This guy should not even be on television. Not just because he totally disrespects our team and spews his man-love for Peyton and Brady. But he goes off on these tangents and it just seems like he gets lost in his own thoughts. Kinda sad.

I also hope someone talks to Faulk. He was so biased against us and for Warner it was disgusting. Not a big Deion fan, but it was hysterical at the post game show when Faulk was crying about penalties and replays, he (Deion) said something to the effect of "Kurts on the bus already, Marshall. Get over it." Classic!!

stlrz d
02-04-2009, 12:04 PM
Young didn't have much good to say about Ben leading up to the game.

He only gushed about him when Ben crashed the set and was sitting right there with them.

frankthetank1
02-04-2009, 12:09 PM
i remember watching the post game in my hotel room after the ravens monday night game. young was killing the steelers and ben. he said they wont have a chance in the postseason if they even make it that far and that was after a win in ot against a very good team. he is from connecticut so i do not understand his hate for the steelers. it must be jealousy

steelsun7
02-04-2009, 12:44 PM
i remember watching the post game in my hotel room after the ravens monday night game. young was killing the steelers and ben. he said they wont have a chance in the postseason if they even make it that far and that was after a win in ot against a very good team. he is from connecticut so i do not understand his hate for the steelers. it must be jealousy

he played for SF which has 5 SB now we have 6.
think they may have something to do with it

frankthetank1
02-04-2009, 12:46 PM

he played for SF which has 5 SB now we have 6.
think they may have something to do with it

even before the steelers 5th sb he let it be known he didnt like the steelers. if its because of that then he is a very petty person. maybe it is because montana is from the burgh. i doubt that though. i dont get the impression that there was a lot of anemosity between them

ANPSTEEL
02-04-2009, 02:06 PM

He only gushed about him when Ben crashed the set and was sitting right there with them.

Yeah, did you notice- it appeared to me that Ben purposely went over there and sat next to Young, just to rub it in.

It also appeared that, when leaving the set- he thanked everyone except Steve Young- in an apparent intentional snub. Young actually looked kind of surprised.

Did anyone else see it that way, or just me???

Scarletfire1970
02-04-2009, 02:09 PM

He was gushing about him before Ben showed up to the set. then he just told him to his face how impressed he was.

Scarletfire1970
02-04-2009, 02:11 PM

Yeah, did you notice- it appeared to me that Ben purposely went over there and sat next to Young, just to rub it in.

It also appeared that, when leaving the set- he thanked everyone except Steve Young- in an apparent intentional snub. Young actually looked kind of surprised.

Did anyone else see it that way, or just me???
I didnt notice that Ben dissed him at the end of the interview, but it wouldn't surprise me and I don't blame him. You are probably right about the fact that Ben purposely went over and sat next to Young. I am sure Ben hears what Young says about him during the season. I know these guys care about that kind of stuff.

papillon
02-04-2009, 02:19 PM
Personally, I love hearing grown men whine like a petulant child when something doesn't go their way. Listening to Faulk, Mora, Young, Eisen, etc. is music to my ears; it means they are upset and look foolish to the football world at large.

Pappy

Oviedo
02-04-2009, 02:46 PM
Why do you all keep looking for credit and validation from the sports media? It is NEVER going to happen. Just accept it and take pleasure in knowing how much it grates on them everytime we win.

Our validation are 6 trophies sitting in the Steelers' offices not in the opinions of has been players and coaches. Our validation is the unbelieveable support of the Steelers Nation.

stlrz d
02-04-2009, 02:47 PM

He was gushing about him before Ben showed up to the set. then he just told him to his face how impressed he was.

All through the playoffs he wasn't.

As for right before Ben got there I wouldn't know...couldn't hear because it was too loud in the bar. Once Ben showed up it got quiet and we could hear Young.

But again, he's never given Ben much praise or credit for anything.

I think it stems back to Ben declaring Elway, and not Young, as his idol growing up. :P

RuthlessBurgher
02-04-2009, 05:01 PM
[quote="stlrz d":axu1liji]Young didn't have much good to say about Ben leading up to the game.

As for right before Ben got there I wouldn't know...couldn't hear because it was too loud in the bar. Once Ben showed up it got quiet and we could hear Young.

I think it stems back to Ben declaring Elway, and not Young, as his idol growing up. :P[/quote:axu1liji]

So, to paraphrase...as a kid, Ben was a fan of the quarterback with the horse's face instead of the horse's @$$??? :P

Oviedo
02-04-2009, 06:02 PM
Young spent a lot of his life in San Francisco. Ben just may not be cute enough for him :shock:

NW Steeler
02-04-2009, 06:39 PM
[quote="stlrz d":30zlkfm3]Young didn't have much good to say about Ben leading up to the game.

I think it stems back to Ben declaring Elway, and not Young, as his idol growing up. :P

So, to paraphrase...as a kid, Ben was a fan of the quarterback with the horse's face instead of the horse's @$$??? :P[/quote:30zlkfm3]

CLASSIC!! :Bow

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
02-04-2009, 08:04 PM
I think you guys are digging too deep trying to explain why some analysts show us disrespect.

Young hates us because Montana is from the 'burgh....or because SF won 5.

Mora hates Ben because he is closer with Peyton.

Cowherd is a west coast guy so he hated us after the Seattle SB.

King, Berman, Deion, Hasselbeck, Clayton..........

Stop.

There is one reason why all these guys like to disrespect the mighty Steelers. It is because we have the type of fan base who gets riled up over things like that. The Steeler Nation will send 1,000 emails in response to a negative write up. They will scream loudly about any sign of perceived disrespect. And what is the job of 99% of these guys? To report news? No, it is to get attention. By screaming so loud, Steeler Nation only promotes it's continuation.

SteelCrazy
02-04-2009, 08:15 PM
When are you guys going to get used to the fact that no one, outside the Steeler fan base, likes us or wants us to succeed. That's what makes us great.

It's lonely at the top.......... :tt2

Steel Life
02-04-2009, 09:18 PM
As for the ESPN Post-Game that Ben crashed...
- Young was in the middle of praising Ben for how great of a game he had & how impressive the last drive was when Ben showed up over Berman's right shoulder. They were all excited he showed & were trying to talk to him, but the crowd noise was too much. They were trying to get Ben to talk into Berman's mike, when a ESPN tech provided a mike & headset (on camera) between Young & Tom Jackson. Both Young & Jackson, but mostly Young, went on to lavish praise on Ben while he was pretty humble & real about the whole thing. I think this turns Young's perspective on Ben completely around now.

As for Mora on the NFLN Post-Game...
- The man has a voice that could break glass, god it's awful. He came across like he had just been woken from a nap as he struggled to remember names & appeared flustered with what he wanted to say. I've never been impressed with him & find it amazing that he's such a nit-wit with less insight than my 11-year old son.