PDA

View Full Version : "The Drive" Super Bowl Edition

Jooser
02-03-2009, 10:24 PM
Enjoy fellas. The drive to end all drives.... Might even get to see both of 'Tonio's feet down. :wink:

[youtube:1qxb5qmw]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gTyHyAyAVW0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gTyHyAyAVW0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:1qxb5qmw]

Mick'sTeam
02-03-2009, 10:30 PM
Beautiful! Gives me chills watching it again!

msp26505
02-03-2009, 10:50 PM
One thing I was wondering was whether, after Santonio's 40 yard reception, the Steelers were forced to take the timeout because Santonio was strolling through the end zone looking away from Ben, who was trying to get the team up to the line to spike the ball.

All's well that ends well, I guess, but there are several scenarios that could have played out where that series of events may have come back to bite them.

Santonio still has a little growing to do, IMO. I can't even imagine what would be going through my head if I made those HUGE plays to basically win the Super Bowl, but both that play and his celebration that was missed by the officials could have cost the Steelers dearly.

Discipline of Steel
02-04-2009, 10:59 AM
If that last catch had not been good, we still had 2 plays and 35 seconds more.

DBinAL
02-04-2009, 11:00 AM
One thing I was wondering was whether, after Santonio's 40 yard reception, the Steelers were forced to take the timeout because Santonio was strolling through the end zone looking away from Ben, who was trying to get the team up to the line to spike the ball.

All's well that ends well, I guess, but there are several scenarios that could have played out where that series of events may have come back to bite them.

Santonio still has a little growing to do, IMO. I can't even imagine what would be going through my head if I made those HUGE plays to basically win the Super Bowl, but both that play and his celebration that was missed by the officials could have cost the Steelers dearly.

Watch the video again. After the camera leaves Holmes after the long pass play, it focusses on Ben heading up the field and looking to the sideline making the 'spike the ball' signal. Tomlin calls the timeout. That was the right thing to do. There is plenty of time left and the Steelesr were not going to be calling any more running plays.

frankthetank1
02-04-2009, 11:12 AM

Watch the video again. After the camera leaves Holmes after the long pass play, it focusses on Ben heading up the field and looking to the sideline making the 'spike the ball' signal. Tomlin calls the timeout. That was the right thing to do. There is plenty of time left and the Steelesr were not going to be calling any more running plays.

at the time i didnt like the time out. i thought they left too much time on the clock. in that situation the worst they could do is tie with a field goal. why not kill some clock and give the ball back to the cards with very little hope of a come back

papillon
02-04-2009, 11:13 AM
And, for those who question whether it was a catch or not, watch the reaction of the DBs they realize that if has control of the ball it's a TD. One gives a half-a$$ed no good, but, you can tell he doesn't believe it.

Pappy

Djfan
02-04-2009, 11:25 AM
And, for those who question whether it was a catch or not, watch the reaction of the DBs they realize that if has control of the ball it's a TD. One gives a half-a$$ed no good, but, you can tell he doesn't believe it.

Pappy

I thought the same thing. It's telling for sure.

As for Tone walking into the endzone, I had wondered that, but no one spoke about it at all. Can't tell.

Jooser
02-04-2009, 11:44 PM
Ben always liked Elway. This drive was the epitome of Elway-esque.

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/a5974988ac01f6cc10d1119b9090dd83-ge.jpg