PDA

View Full Version : I hate to harp

SteelCrazy
02-03-2009, 08:06 PM
on one play, but the 1st Larry Large TD was incomplete in my opinion. Several of you have already stated that he maintained control on that catch, but I beg to differ. Ike made him lose control of that catch when he slammed it against his helmet. The rules state the WR needs to have complete control of the ball while bringing it down, if not and it touches the ground it is incomplete. I know it's a moot point, but it should have been incomplete and Swaggin' should get credit for a great Defensive play!

NW Steeler
02-03-2009, 08:45 PM
I agree that it should have been reviwed at least. If the Santonio goaline catch in the AFCC game was ruled incomplete, then that catch by Fitz should have been too. I haven't seen a word about it on tv. Just saying that with everything else they "question", why not that?

The talking heads keep harping on the last play of the game by the Cards, that it should have been reviewed. But then everyone who says that also says that it was a fumble. So wtf difference does it make?

I wish that the media would just stop looking for something to create controversy and just let the fans enjoy their teams victory!!

Oh well, no matter what is said, the Steelers are 6 TIME SB CHAMPS, BABY!!!

:Bow :Cheers
:tt1
:Beer
:tt2

mshifko
02-03-2009, 08:46 PM
no...i have seen that many times...it was a great TD

it touched the ground but he had possession while never letting it hit the ground without control

SteelCrazy
02-03-2009, 11:54 PM
no...i have seen that many times...it was a great TD

it touched the ground but he had possession while never letting it hit the ground without control

I've watched it 10 times and the ball isnt controlled at all. Ike has his hand in there and the ball is on the back of Fitz's left forearm. Fitz's right hand is on the top of the ball with Ike's hand on the side. He doesnt have complete control until after it hits the ground.

Chadman
02-04-2009, 12:05 AM
Who are you kidding?

You LOVE to harp!!

:tt2

Mel Blount's G
02-04-2009, 12:07 AM
Nobody talks bout the "holding" call on hartwig which completely changed the game. If not for that we have 1st and ten from about our 20 instead of giving them 2 and punting the ball to them. I thought hartwig got steamrolled and the guys momentum, plus tripping over hartwig, was what brought him down. Didn't look like a blatant pull-down to me. Even al michaels and john fatden work kinda tongue tied after watching that.

snarky
02-04-2009, 12:13 AM
But Tomlin chose not to challenge the play so if it was incomplete it is on Tomlin for not challenging.