PDA

View Full Version : Comment About Card Fans Attendence @ SB

Jooser
02-03-2009, 05:01 PM
I found this on the Cards board today and thought I'd share. They are in full hate mode over there, blaming the NFL and refs for handing us the game. I've posted a few comments, but I know it's useless to argue the points with them. Some folks are calling the whole thing rigged. Some aren't that extreme. But, the person who started this thread gave them their come uppin's. And, ironic enough, this individual is a Cards fan too. Here's the link and the comments from the original poster:

http://forums.azcardinals.com/showthread.php?t=40022

1AZCardinal
Newbie Join Date: Apr 2006

Where were our fans? Just home from Tampa!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK I know we did well, I know the economy sucks, I know it. BUT you can't tell me the people in Pittsburgh don't have have the same economy. The fact so many of our season ticket holders sold there tickets to Steeler fans made sick. WE should be ashamed to be out numbered 9-1 and thats being nice. It was at least 70,000 to 7,000. The cards side was dominated by Black and Gold.

That was the best event I have ever attended. If there is a next time GET UP AND GO!!! I mean even Paris Hilton sat next to us wearing a Fitz Jersey. Paris Hilton??? Come on. She supported us more than most of our season ticket holders did.

Anyway all I can say is YOU cost us the game more than anything. We were drowned out and it was a Pittsburgh home game. And, YOU MISSED OUT ON THE BEST SUPER BOWL IN HISTORY!!! If we had even 30000 screaming fans we may have created enough noise to stop that last drive.

Think about it, hopefully we have a next time.
See you next year.

Sincerely,
Jim
Sec. 133 season seat holder who flew out without a ticket in hand! It was amazing!!!!

Iron Shiek
02-03-2009, 05:59 PM
Yelling fans weren't going to stop Big Ben you douche!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just like Psychopath...you can't freeze him!

RussBII
02-03-2009, 06:12 PM
Yelling fans weren't going to stop Big Ben you douche!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just like Psychopath...you can't freeze him!

At least he's not blaming the refs, or the NFL or global warming, or the fact that Warner's wife doesn't believe in oral sex... or whatever the hell they are using as an excuse.

You want to a win a game? You don't:

A) throw an interception and let the scariest man alive go 100 yards with it
B) Allow a team to go 88 yards w/ 3 minutes left
C) Not find a way to get your stud WR the ball for 3 quarters.
D) Hire Whisenhunt when Tomlin is available (hehehecouldn't resist).

Steeler Shades
02-03-2009, 07:00 PM
Under the Bidwell family's ownership, Cards fans will probably never get another shot at the SB. Hopefully their die-hard fans went and enjoyed themselves. They have every reason to be proud of the 2nd best team in the NFL. 8)

TallyStiller
02-03-2009, 08:38 PM
Was down there all weekend... got family east of Tampa. I didn't see a single Cards jersey the entire weekend, but Steeler stuff EVERYWHERE. It was unreal. Realized that the Arizona State stuff I was seeing occasionally was probably the Cards fans, but WOW! NOBODY representing. Just like Seattle three years ago, Steeler Nation gets to school another apathetic, ignorant fan base in the ways of the football world.

NJ-STEELER
02-03-2009, 10:40 PM
i wound up in the hilton and it was where the cards stayed sat nite.

coming home from the game i was the bar in the hotel lobby had cards fans fromm one end to the other.

i thought to myself "damn, there's more cardinal fans in here then there were at the game"

northgate1980
02-04-2009, 12:07 AM
Bill "I am the cheapest man alive" Bidwell has pretty much turned over the day to day operations of the team to his son, I believe his name is Michael. He wants to win, and is willing to spend money to do it. If he does it wisely is another question.

To add to the topic of cards fans, this might be the most apathetic fan base I have ever seen. They also had trouble selling out their first home game since they moved the franchise to AZ. I hardly seen any red and white while out and about in town before the game(I bet I see even less now that they lost), where most Steeler fans I know had their black and gold on everyday, I know I did. 1800 fans for the pre Tampa rally, and we had what 30000.

frankthetank1
02-04-2009, 09:00 AM
i wound up in the hilton and it was where the cards stayed sat nite.

coming home from the game i was the bar in the hotel lobby had cards fans fromm one end to the other.

i thought to myself "damn, there's more cardinal fans in here then there were at the game"

ive heard that hilton is just as easy to get into as the one in paris :lol:

Steeler Shades
02-04-2009, 03:32 PM
Bill "I am the cheapest man alive" Bidwell has pretty much turned over the day to day operations of the team to his son, I believe his name is Michael. He wants to win, and is willing to spend money to do it. If he does it wisely is another question.
Good for the long suffering Cards fans (both of them). Maybe they will be a different team going forward. 8)