PDA

View Full Version : Nate Injury?

calmkiller
02-03-2009, 02:03 PM
Anyone know what the Injury is to Nate. I saw him holding his shoulder on the last drive of the game, but he didnt come out of the game. He then had a sling on it after the game and also today at the parade. Anyone hear what the injury is? Dislocated shoulder? anything?

Oviedo
02-03-2009, 02:42 PM
A ball must of hit him on the shoulder after going right through his hands. Ben can really zip the ball. :stirpot

MeetJoeGreene
02-03-2009, 03:05 PM
A ball must of hit him on the shoulder after going right through his hands. Ben can really zip the ball. :stirpot

The pass on the play that was right before the 2 minute warning WA to Nate.

And he jumped but missed it... it is possible he got hurt then.

Discipline of Steel
02-03-2009, 03:07 PM
I hear when he injured his shoulder, he rolled off the field to spare us the TO. I guess he learned from Sweed. See, Sweed had a positive impact on the game by demonstrating what not to do previously.

RuthlessBurgher
02-03-2009, 03:24 PM
I hear when he injured his shoulder, he rolled off the field to spare us the TO. I guess he learned from Sweed. See, Sweed had a positive impact on the game by demonstrating what not to do previously.

Luckily, Ben threw to him deep down the Steeler sideline, and not down the Cardinal sideline. However, since Arizona is Pittsburgh West, Whisenhunt may have offered Nate a contract on the spot if he would have rolled onto the Cardinal sideline instead. :wink:

Oviedo
02-03-2009, 04:02 PM

Luckily, Ben threw to him deep down the Steeler sideline, and not down the Cardinal sideline. However, since Arizona is Pittsburgh West, Whisenhunt may have offered Nate a contract on the spot if he would have rolled onto the Cardinal sideline instead. :wink:

However, since Arizona is Pittsburgh West, Whisenhunt may have offered Nate a contract on the spot if he would have rolled onto the Cardinal sideline instead

We could only hope :wink:

sd steel
02-03-2009, 04:26 PM
At the parade he said he sprained it on the last drive, and it should be fine in a couple of weeks.

Steel Life
02-03-2009, 10:15 PM
On the last drive when he caught the 11-yarder, he was brought down onto the shoulder near the sideline. He stayed out for one play, but came back in to have a complete WR package for the Cards to defend. On Santonio's TD, you can see him running a route but he wasn't moving the right arm at all.

NorCal-Steeler
02-03-2009, 10:32 PM
I'd like to keep both but at this point i think Nate is more important to resign than Bmac, wilh Gay steping up and Sweed not.
Why all the Nate hate he would have had a easy TD had Ben got the ball there.
I believe if we fix our o-line it will make both FWP and Nate look alot better.

snarky
02-03-2009, 10:40 PM
Why all the Nate hate he would have had a easy TD had Ben got the ball there.

I agree that some of the hate is over the top, but on that play since Ben did not throw the ball far enough he should have adjusted to the throw rather than try to catch the ball at waist-level.

NorCal-Steeler
02-03-2009, 11:27 PM
I think it was more of a great play by the defender and a short throw, yes Nate could have came back at the highest point but were talking inches of clearing a great jumping block.