PDA

View Full Version : I'm sick of the whining...

Iron Shiek
02-03-2009, 12:04 PM
FROM OUR OWN FANBASE!

Listening to NFL Radio...caller after caller that are Steeler fans calling in, not to laud in the victory and talk about what a marvelous team we have and the great accomplishment they achieved. No. They want to call in and complain about all the flags, non flags and other non-sense. Then you got disrespectful fans calling out the entire NFL by simply saying "WAHHHH." I've seen it here on this forum to a degree...but not in the whiny way that is being portrayed on radio. Its fine to talk about these plays like we are doing here, but some of these callers sound like Seahag fans...and we won the effing game!!! Our fanbase gets a real black eye when fans of other teams hear these idiots call in and say things like this. You can hear in the hosts' voices. They sound like, "Why the hel! are you complaining. You call a radio show to cry about stuff that doesn't even matter because your team won?"

Maybe its happening because the Steelers aren't getting enough "credit" or whatever.

In any event, I had to vent a little bit. Enjoy the victory. Don't become the ugly evolved version of a Seahag fan. Relish in the victory.

Steeler Expat
02-03-2009, 12:15 PM
Riggins and Schein have been an absolute disgrace. Riggins opened his show saying the Harrison run back should have been called back. They opened their show both days whining about the refs so they are the ones instigating all the calls related to the refs. I had to turn it off both days it was so god awful. The other Sirius shows have been OK. I never cared for their show to begin with but now I'm definitely never going to tune into their fraud of a show ever again.

Captain Lemming
02-03-2009, 12:17 PM
What do you mean?
Are you crazy?
I never get tired of the winning !!
I'm greedy, i want seven.
Of course most Steeler fans feel the same!

It is ridiculous to complain about too much wi.....wait

YOU SAID WHINING. oops nevermind
:Agree

mshifko
02-03-2009, 12:20 PM
listen to collin cowherd...you will not be disappointed...he's slamming people all day for putting down the steelers and whatnot

MeetJoeGreene
02-03-2009, 12:45 PM
I was actually surprised -- I watched total access last night and it wasn't overly whining/biased against the Steelers.

Of course Diick Eisien wasn't on....

feltdizz
02-03-2009, 12:57 PM
I think this new younger generation of fans and the challenge rule has everyone wanting calls to be overturned.

I don't remember SB's from 2003 or earlier being nitpicked regarding the flags...

these new NFL fans are beyotches IMO... whether it's complaining about Arians.. sure I have my issue's but damn.. you win a SB and people are still whining about him... but no one is talking about our biggest weakness.

I like Spaeth but he is so bad at blocking.. he seems to miss every GL block I watch...

Iron Shiek
02-03-2009, 01:03 PM
I think this new younger generation of fans and the challenge rule has everyone wanting calls to be overturned.

I don't remember SB's from 2003 or earlier being nitpicked regarding the flags...

these new NFL fans are beyotches IMO... whether it's complaining about Arians.. sure I have my issue's but damn.. you win a SB and people are still whining about him... but no one is talking about our biggest weakness.

I like Spaeth but he is so bad at blocking.. he seems to miss every GL block I watch...

Yup, you are spot on. Everything is so scrutinized now. Before it was like, "Great the refs robbed us. Lets get it back." Now everyone just dwell upon it and let it invade their thoughts and expressions postgame moreso than the actual result. Calm down for crying out loud. I was trying to call in and back up my venting here, but being at work I couldn't really sit on hold too long. But then one guy called in basically said the same thing I wanted to so it made me feel better.

Schein and Riggins prefaced their comments in the opening minutes by saying they aren't taking anything away from the Steelers and that the officiating had nothing to do with them winning. Schein does however firmly believe that you can't tell the Super Bowl 43 story without at some point mentioning the bad officiating that went on both ways. So I'm not going to fault them totally, they are just dissecting some of the plays a little too closely, which is fueling it. But they aren't pi$$ing me off as much as some of the callers.

AngryAsian
02-04-2009, 01:32 AM

Whose call is it anyway to insert Spaeth into the line-up when his blocking skills will be required. Spaeth is a pass catching TE, this is his nitch on the team, anything other than that, you are trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. Other such instances....

Willie being used as a battering ram between the tackles without a lead blocking FB...

Heath being only used for blocking situations when he could be leading the league in catches among TEs... he was the highest rated TE coming out of Virgnia the year he was drafted...

Using Carey Davis as a "reliable" set of hands coming out of the backfield, when he can't find the first down markers to save his life...

Using the no-huddle in case of emergencies, when is so clearly obvious that it is Ben's greatest strength and has yielded us the most points in all our games this season. But we'll only use it like a tire iron (used in case of emergencies) as opposed to using it like a steering wheel (to guide and direct our offense).

... not whining. We're Super Bowl Champions. I'm greedy. I want the 7th or 8th, and I'm just a rabid fan.... Do you think our coach, the most goal oriented, single minded, over achieving individual in the NFL is looking towards anything else other than a dynasty. Trust me in that he wants to climb the Noll mountain... and wanting that, means reassessing where your team's weaknesses are. I'm sure some of the above noted qualifies.

Mel Blount's G
02-04-2009, 03:51 AM
Riggins opened his show saying the Harrison run back should have been called back.
Go fvck yourself riggins and then eat a large bag o' sh!t. After that, inquire about dieing.

JAR
02-04-2009, 07:46 AM
I think it's because, once again after winning the SB, some Steelers fans are in the defense mode because of all of the crying over the officiating going against the team the Steelers beat.

Here we are, 3 years later with another Lombardi and most outside of Steeler Nation say this one isn't legit either. Even the NFLN official review last night was all about plays that went against the Cards, nothing about the ones that could have helped the Steelers, Ben's TD, Fitz's bobbling the ball in the end zone or the hold in the end zone.

All of this is BS, it ticks me off too because they won fair and square, but I can see how some fans feel they need to go into the defense mode.

Chachi
02-04-2009, 08:24 AM
Let'em bitch and moan all they want. This call was crap.....that call was crap.....yadda yadda yadda.

The only reply you need to give is this......

The Cardinals had the lead with 2:37 left in the game with 88 yards** between them and history. What did the Cardinals do?

They stopped the phenom of Matt Ryan. They humiliated Jake Delhome. They even got it done against McNabb in the end.

How could they allow a lowly "game manager" QB make that drive?

**added the 10 holding penalty to start the drive.

frankthetank1
02-04-2009, 09:03 AM
i could care less about the whining. we have the 6th ring and thats all that matters. nothing will change that. i was so happy when they brought back instant replay because they should get calls right no matter what. im not so sure any more. i think a good deal of the time the right call is made and then over turned because how a rule may be interperted or whatever.