PDA

View Full Version : I wish I had a recording of the game

Discipline of Steel
02-03-2009, 10:21 AM
Then I could watch it over and over! Particularly, I would love to focus in on individual players and what they do on plays that worked for us and plays that didnt. It would be a great way for me to personally assess our offensive linemen.

Is it posted on youtube yet? :D

SteelBucks
02-03-2009, 10:23 AM
Then I could watch it over and over! Particularly, I would love to focus in on individual players and what they do on plays that worked for us and plays that didnt. It would be a great way for me to personally assess our offensive linemen.

Is it posted on youtube yet? :D

Do you have the NFL Network? It's on tomorrow night.

Chachi
02-03-2009, 10:32 AM
http://leech.tenyardtorrents.com/

there are multiple copies of the game there.

I am now downloading a torrent of the 5 hour pregame show.

I couldn't watch it then, but I think I'll give it a whirl now. :Beer :Beer

Starlifter
02-03-2009, 11:46 AM
i plugged an antennae into my mac and recorded over the air in HD. it's spectacular BUT it's also 37GB. looks like it will reside on a dedicated hard drive for now.......

mshifko
02-03-2009, 12:22 PM
nfl network tomorrow night at 830...i'm recording that

MeetJoeGreene
02-03-2009, 12:39 PM
http://leech.tenyardtorrents.com/

there are multiple copies of the game there.

I am now downloading a torrent of the 5 hour pregame show.

I couldn't watch it then, but I think I'll give it a whirl now. :Beer :Beer

Ya' Know.. that is not a bad idea. I was basically the same way (too nervous to watch/concentrate)......

Discipline of Steel
02-03-2009, 03:11 PM
i plugged an antennae into my mac and recorded over the air in HD. it's spectacular BUT it's also 37GB. looks like it will reside on a dedicated hard drive for now.......

Can you email that to me? :D

feltdizz
02-03-2009, 04:39 PM
37 gigs? damn... I don't have cable, I watched the game on a 32 inch flat screen with an antenna and it was damn near HD. Replays were on point.

Ben's Knee was down but it could have gone either way....
Harrison got in...
both sacks were fumbles and Fitz's first catch could have been overturned but was too close to call.

Jigawatts
02-03-2009, 04:57 PM
I recorded it strait from antenna to DVD but the quality is bad.

1) The video isn't awful, but should be more clear. There's some pixelation going on
in there.

2) And for some reason the audio is all messed up. Commercials work fine and you
can hear the game being played in the background, but there's no commentary. None.
Sometimes that's a good thing. :wink:

I record a lot of programming off the antenna because I don't have locals through
direct tv, and I've never had this problem before. There must be gremlins in my
DVD player, but why did those bastages pick the Super Bowl to cause a ruckus?

birtikidis
02-03-2009, 06:35 PM
can you host it as a torrent so folks could download it?

Mister Pittsburgh
02-03-2009, 06:44 PM
I dvr'ed it. Watched the first half and the last three or four minutes again last night. I plan on keeping it there for a while. I have to figure out how to get my pc hooked up to my comcast box so I can get the recorded game off of there and onto a pc so i can burn it to disc.

costanza2k1
02-03-2009, 07:22 PM
I've got an HD copy of the game too, I've used this for about 1/2 the season and it works like a charm. After I put the videos on my MAC I then compress them for my Apple TV, I use the best compression available so I don't lose any quality. Needless to say it looks pretty legit.

http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_hdpvr.html

ghettoscott
02-03-2009, 08:13 PM
THIS WOULD BE AWESOME TO DOWNLOAD.

....it would be sweet to have a copy with all the commercials to show the boy when he gets older.

*ahem* :D

costanza2k1
02-03-2009, 08:18 PM
If you guys want a copy I can try to put it up on rapidshare for like a week or so....guess I need to figure out how to split it into 1million pieces first. I didn't edit any commercials so you win there. If anyone knows how to split the video files then I'll be glad to put it there if the demand is there...

ghettoscott
02-03-2009, 08:24 PM
If you guys want a copy I can try to put it up on rapidshare for like a week or so....guess I need to figure out how to split it into 1million pieces first. I didn't edit any commercials so you win there. If anyone knows how to split the video files then I'll be glad to put it there if the demand is there...

that would be flippin sweet Costanza...

costanza2k1
02-03-2009, 08:27 PM
I also have some pre-sportcenter stuff, NFL Live stuff, Showtime highlights, NFL GameDay final in HD, some Savran Sportsbeat stuff, the parade...everything but the SB has all the commercials and non Steelers stuff cut out. I also have the Steelers portion of media day

Starlifter
02-03-2009, 10:52 PM
no promises guys, but i'll look into it this week and see if i can figure out a way. I suppose I could compress the $hit out of it but the HD picture is really spectacular. i'm on the case.....

snarky
02-03-2009, 11:45 PM
no promises guys, but i'll look into it this week and see if i can figure out a way. I suppose I could compress the $hit out of it but the HD picture is really spectacular. i'm on the case.....

download virtualdub and copy it using the 'Direct Stream Copy' option. Should bring it down significantly.

Starlifter
02-04-2009, 01:21 PM
is that mac compatible?

snarky
02-04-2009, 01:51 PM
ah sorry, no it's not. I must have misread the thread pretty drastically because I actually went through to check if you had mentioned your OS and didn't see anything.

I don't think virtualdub is mac compatible. I guess you don't have a windows emulator.

You might try avidemux: http://avidemux.sourceforge.net/download.html

But I'm not sure what it's capabilities are.

Discipline of Steel
02-06-2009, 12:39 PM
The Trib website has a DVD in the online shop but it looks like season highlights. I suppose there is no chance the actual game will go on sale soon?

ray
02-06-2009, 01:16 PM
The Trib website has a DVD in the online shop but it looks like season highlights. I suppose there is no chance the actual game will go on sale soon?
The NFL Shop lists one with the following product info...

Own the most anticipated and watched sporting event of the year with this Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl® XLIII Champions DVD from Warner Brothers®. Complete with highlights from the regular season, playoffs and the big game itself, the DVD boasts over 3 full hours of Super Bowl® coverage and behind-the-scenes action.

It has a release date of 2/24/09 and I'm assuming by description it has highlights of season + playoffs along with the full game. Though I doubt the commercials are included.

http://www.nflshop.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3433471&cp=3459209.3463953&ab=OAS_HP_B1_SBXLIII_Bundle&parentPage=family

Starlifter
02-06-2009, 02:33 PM
i suspect the replay of the game will be like last time, chopped up to only the plays themselves with Bill and Tunch doing the commentary. I seriously doubt it will be the complete replay of the NBC broadcast with Al and Fat Ba$tard. I'll spend the weekend seeing what I can do with my HD broadcast. If I can't figure out a good solution by monday I'll let y'all know. Perhaps someone with greater technical skills can send me a hard drive. I'll copy everything I have over to it and we can go from there. Here's what I grabbed that weekend.

Road to SB XLIII - 1 hour, 17 GB
the NBC 4 hour pre-game. 35 GB
SB XLIII 4.5 hours. 37 GB. entire game through trophy presentation

ESPN the next day - (all I could get, I was in a hotel without NFLN)

Mike and mike - 4 hours
Rome is Burning
Around the horn
PTI
NFL live

All those together (they're not HD) are around another 30 GB.

RuthlessBurgher
02-06-2009, 02:41 PM

Own the most anticipated and watched sporting event of the year with this Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl® XLIII Champions DVD from Warner Brothers®. Complete with highlights from the regular season, playoffs and the big game itself, the DVD boasts over 3 full hours of Super Bowl® coverage and behind-the-scenes action.

It has a release date of 2/24/09 and I'm assuming by description it has highlights of season + playoffs along with the full game. Though I doubt the commercials are included.

http://www.nflshop.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3433471&cp=3459209.3463953&ab=OAS_HP_B1_SBXLIII_Bundle&parentPage=family

I didn't read it that way. I'm assuming that they meant to say highlights from the regular season, highlights from the playoffs and highlights from the the big game itself. I got the Champions DVD for SBXL shortly after the game with all of those highlights. I wasn't able to get a DVD that had the entire game on it until much later (and, no, it didn't have commercials on it either. It was actually the Steeler radio broadcast with Hillgrove and Tunch played over the video of the game instead of Michaels and Madden. And when I bought it, they included the entire games of the Cincy, Indy, and Denver playoff games all with the Hillgrove and Ilkin audio and no commercials).

Djfan
02-06-2009, 02:45 PM
I would rather have Tunch's take on the game than Madden's anyday!

RuthlessBurgher
02-06-2009, 02:47 PM
I would rather have Tunch's take on the game than Madden's anyday!

The question remains, though...which is more distracting to the viewers...Tunch's deformed pinky or Madden's jungle of eyebrows? :lol:

Discipline of Steel
02-06-2009, 03:03 PM

I didn't read it that way. I'm assuming that they meant to say highlights from the regular season, highlights from the playoffs and highlights from the the big game itself. I got the Champions DVD for SBXL shortly after the game with all of those highlights. I wasn't able to get a DVD that had the entire game on it until much later (and, no, it didn't have commercials on it either. It was actually the Steeler radio broadcast with Hillgrove and Tunch played over the video of the game instead of Michaels and Madden. And when I bought it, they included the entire games of the Cincy, Indy, and Denver playoff games all with the Hillgrove and Ilkin audio and no commercials).

I agree, I think it is more highlights. How long was the 'much later' you referred to when acquiring the actual game? I think Maddens eyebrows are definately more noticable but I have to admit, I like John Madden as a broadcaster.

RuthlessBurgher
02-06-2009, 03:33 PM
[quote="Discipline of Steel":3daow6lx]The Trib website has a DVD in the online shop but it looks like season highlights. I suppose there is no chance the actual game will go on sale soon?

I agree, I think it is more highlights. How long was the 'much later' you referred to when acquiring the actual game? I think Maddens eyebrows are definately more noticable but I have to admit, I like John Madden as a broadcaster.[/quote:3daow6lx]

I don't recall exactly how long, but it was well into the next season by the time I found the full game DVD's.

Discipline of Steel
02-06-2009, 04:02 PM
hmmmm, looks like I will have to stick to youtube for now in order to do my Oline evaluation.

ray
02-06-2009, 05:45 PM
Well I'll find out as I ordered it, got the entire bundle. Have Directv with a DVR receiver and DVR'd the game so have it anyway. Only bad thing is that there is no way to get game off of the DVR without recording it to VHS first then importing it into my PC. I am in the process of doing that anyhow just in case, it just won't be of the best quality but better than nothing.

Jigawatts
02-06-2009, 05:53 PM
Well I'll find out as I ordered it, got the entire bundle. Have Directv with a DVR receiver and DVR'd the game so have it anyway. Only bad thing is that there is no way to get game off of the DVR without recording it to VHS first then importing it into my PC. I am in the process of doing that anyhow just in case, it just won't be of the best quality but better than nothing.

If you wanted to spend the money, you can buy a DVD recorder to record from
DVR to a DVD. A decent one is probably around $100-$150.

I've got a Panasonic DMR-EZ27. It was well worth the money until I had audio
problems with my Super Bowl recording. Like I said earlier. I've got the game on
DVD, but no commentary.

I did some research and found a firmware update that should fix the problem, but,
one recording too late. :x

ray
02-06-2009, 07:15 PM
If you wanted to spend the money, you can buy a DVD recorder to record from
DVR to a DVD. A decent one is probably around $100-$150.

I've got a Panasonic DMR-EZ27. It was well worth the money until I had audio
problems with my Super Bowl recording. Like I said earlier. I've got the game on
DVD, but no commentary.

I did some research and found a firmware update that should fix the problem, but,
one recording too late. :x
I'd still have to import into PC for editing, not interested in commercials or half time show. Just want game and trophy presentation along with chapter breaks.

Chachi
02-06-2009, 07:58 PM
Alright....I will step in.

If anyone would like to B+P (you send Blank DVDs and return Postage) I will copy what I have for any and everyone.

I have:

the game itself in HD (.264h and/or xvid formats) about 2 gig file

5 hour pre game show. about 1.5 gig file

AFCC game xvid format about 2 gig file

Divisional playoff xvid format about 4 gig file.

In all the entire playoff run with the 5 hours of SB pregame and I think I have highlights as well will all fit on about 3-4 DVDs.

I will burn copies and use post it notes to label which disc is which. There will be no special graphics put on the discs, just plain discs. All files will play fine on your computer either using MSN Media Player or, in the .264h format, Quicktime player. Additional conversion may be needed (but not necessarily) to play in stand alone DVD players connected to your TVs.

PM me if anyone is interested.

Discipline of Steel
02-06-2009, 10:03 PM
Im interested for sure Chachi! But I dont know anything about the formats. I have a fairly new machine from gateway so I suppose that is good enough to play the DVD? Any specs on the DVD we send to you? (besides holding 2 gigs?)

fordfixer
02-06-2009, 10:08 PM
The game will be replayed on NFLN Sunday night at 830 (I think) with the half time show.

Chachi
02-06-2009, 11:39 PM
Im interested for sure Chachi! But I dont know anything about the formats. I have a fairly new machine from gateway so I suppose that is good enough to play the DVD? Any specs on the DVD we send to you? (besides holding 2 gigs?)

Any brand of blank DVD will do.

As far as the formats go, it really breaks down to .avi and .264h. Newer stand alone DVD players play .avi format so if you have a newer one it should play on your TV. Mine does and it's about a year and a half old. If not, it will for sure play on your computer using MSN Media Player or Quicktime Player. Your computer will be fine.

Send me a PM for details and addresses and such.