PDA

View Full Version : Should Tomlin have challenged Fitz's 1st TD?

SteelCrazy
02-02-2009, 10:34 PM
The ball was controlled mostly, but the nose touched the ground. I've replayed 1000 times, it touched clearly. Should we have challenged that? Or was it one of those situations where you think you may lose a challenge and more importantly a time out.

With the ball controlled and the ball touches the ground, that's an incomplete pass, right?

snarky
02-02-2009, 10:38 PM
No, that's a completion as long as he has control when it hits and maintains control throughout.

mshifko
02-02-2009, 10:39 PM
No, that's a completion as long as he has control when it hits and maintains control throughout.
yes sir

SteelCrazy
02-02-2009, 10:43 PM
I guess thats why he didnt challenge it. Some of you guys should become refs. You definitely cant do any worse.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
02-02-2009, 11:25 PM

That's how I understand it too.

And they define "control throughout" as no ball motion, bobbling, jiggling, etc. It can hit, but it has to be superglued to the receiver.

I actually haven't seen one replay of this ... do you guys think it moved after it hit the ground?

SteelerOfDeVille
02-02-2009, 11:52 PM
See Holmes' TD reversal in the AFCC...

At that point, with a 2 score lead, YES, he should have challenged it.

snarky
02-02-2009, 11:56 PM
See Holmes' TD reversal in the AFCC...

At that point, with a 2 score lead, YES, he should have challenged it.

But holmes bobbled it when he hit. I haven't seen the replay being discussed but if he held it solidly throughout, it is a TD by rule.