PDA

View Full Version : Next year's Pro Bowel puts SB players in a bad spot...

Mel Blount's G
02-02-2009, 10:29 PM
As most of you know, the Probogus Bowel is scheduled to be played a week before super bowl 44. Now, here is what bothers me; what about the players that are scheduled to play the following week in the super bowl? As a coach, why would I even consider letting any of my players play in this and risk an injury, as unlikely as it may be? I hope the league realizes it will (or at least it should) lose a handful of players scheduled to play in a real, THE real, game the following weekend. I hope the league uses some sense here and doesn't try and fine players who will (and should) skip out

steelernation77
02-02-2009, 10:38 PM
I believe they've already said players from Super Bowl teams won't be participating

snarky
02-02-2009, 10:40 PM
Pro Bowel sounds painful.

Mel Blount's G
02-02-2009, 10:43 PM
I believe they've already said players from Super Bowl teams won't be participating
Very good. Frankly, I'm surprised the league did something that makes sense.

Thanks sn77.

mshifko
02-02-2009, 10:44 PM
yeah they already said the players participating in the super bowl will not play in the pro bowl...i think this is a good move actually...players spend a lot of money when they have to go to hawaii, it will be easier on them to have the game played at the super bowl site because i would imagine it would be easier for the NFL to accomodate

SteelerOfDeVille
02-02-2009, 11:53 PM
SB players won't play in the pro bowl... they don't havel the time now, anyway, so it really doesn't matter.

Chadman
02-03-2009, 12:12 AM
the Probogus Bowel is scheduled to be played a week before super bowl 44

That's 'crap' because Willie COLON should really be playing in it...

snarky
02-03-2009, 12:13 AM
the Probogus Bowel is scheduled to be played a week before super bowl 44

That's 'crap' because Willie COLON should really be playing in it...

LMAO, Chadman. Good one.

Djfan
02-03-2009, 03:41 AM
Are we talking about the large pro bowel or the small pro bowel?

Chachi
02-03-2009, 09:04 AM
I understand the move as I think this will improve the ratings, They will be able to tie in more SB coverage and make the game more "current" than it is now. It will eliminate the "Dead" Sunday between championship games.

But, I would think a goal of the NFL is to get MORE of it's marquee players to play in the Pro Bowl, not less. So, in that aspect, I don't quite agree with this idea.

It is all about ratings though and this will increase it, IMO. And for the players....well, I am sure they are more happy with the possible bonuses they get from making the pro bowl than actually playing in it and risking unnecessary injury.

Sugar
02-03-2009, 12:16 PM
What about the players that are banged up from Championship Sunday? Right now they have three weeks to heal up. With only a week to the pro bowl, that doesn't give a whole lot of time to recuperate. In that case you miss not only the SB players but also probably many championship players as well.

I get what they're trying to do, but I don't like it. :nono

calmkiller
02-03-2009, 02:09 PM
I take the Browns to the Super Bowel every day.....

DBinAL
02-03-2009, 02:18 PM
Who cares about the NFL Pro Bowl? It is not worth watching and means absolutely nothiing. It's actually worse than an exhibition game. Just vote for the players, then give them a bonus of some sort. Skip the game completely.

stlrz d
02-03-2009, 03:03 PM
Who cares about the NFL Pro Bowl? It is not worth watching and means absolutely nothiing. It's actually worse than an exhibition game. Just vote for the players, then give them a bonus of some sort. Skip the game completely.

Some people (not me) buy pro-bowl merchandise. If there was no game there'd be no money made on merchandise sales.