PDA

View Full Version : Do you remember how it felt to lose in the pr0n bowl?

snarky
02-02-2009, 08:55 PM
I mean Super Bowl XXX.

That was a tough loss on many levels. But I remember thinking afterward that the Steelers now trailed both the Cowboys and the Niners in SB wins. TBH, when the Niners won their fifth I was disappointed but also somewhat confident that we would join them at five pretty soon. But when we lost to the boys i wondered if we would ever be on top again.

That, to me, is what feels so sweet about this victory. I have watched every steelers super bowl and this one was by far the sweetest. No question about it.

(BTW, I am trying to cover for stlrz_d while he is on vacation from the board. When he returns my post count will go back to normal levels :D :D :D )

Djfan
02-02-2009, 09:01 PM
(BTW, I am trying to cover for stlrz_d while he is on vacation from the board. When he returns my post count will go back to normal levels :D :D :D )

THAT is funny!

I remember the pain. It sucked.

_SteeL_CurtaiN_
02-02-2009, 10:14 PM
F#$% MAN I am trying to enjoy this championship!! Nothing compares to losing to Dallas in the super bowl, no AFCCG loss hurts like that. I have tried to block super bowl XXX out of my memory.

Seriously, when Dallas and SF got to 5 I was bummed. When we were the only team with 4 we were king of the NFL. The 49'ers I could handle, they were a special team, with a homegrown kid at QB, but when the cowgirls beat us to get their 4th I was downright depressed, I was numb after that game for like 5 years. Bad Memories...