PDA

View Full Version : Are we ever going to get any legit credit?

Snatch98
02-02-2009, 02:22 PM
I'm talking about from other fan bases around the country, AFC north and others. I expect fan bases in the AFC north to be crying piss and vinegar but it seems plenty of others are pointing at the refs and saying we were handed the game. It's infuriating especially after Super Bowl XL and the pi$$ and moan fest that we endured after that win. I thought the calls evened themselves out in the second half and the last I checked we were down with under 3 minutes left in the 4th quarter and Ben did what he's always done. Thankfully the mass media doesn't seem to be talking about the refs.

SIXBURGH! sukkas!

rpmpit
02-02-2009, 02:32 PM
As weird as this sounds, I was actually relieved when Ben's td run was overturned in the first quarter. I didn't want to give anyone anything they could point to and say we were given anything. The only call that I feel could have gone either way was the roughing on Ben.

I am most suprised at the coverage on NFLN. Both Faulk and Maura are complete doosh bags. I saw that someone mentioned Faulk crying about his boyfriend, Kurt. It was awesome when Deion said to him, "Kurts already on the bus, Marshall. Let it go." And Maura still not giving Ben any credit. Unreal. The guy is so out of touch.

And a lot of what we're hearing is just jealousy. Comes with the territory.

Steelgal
02-02-2009, 02:33 PM
Most rational, intelligent football fans know that we weren't handed this Superbowl win. Good/bad calls were made both ways. But the masses that are complaining are those that hate the Steelers and we could have been called for 10 penalties versus 0 for the Cards and they would still find something to gripe about.

Those 'haters' are so jealous of what the Steelers have and represent, that they don't think clearly. We will never get any credit in their eyes and I'm finally figuring that out. But, most of them are jerks anyway, so why even care.

All that matter is, WE'RE 6 TIMES SUPERBOWL CHAMPS and envied by all!!!!!!

:Cheers

BURGH86STEEL
02-02-2009, 02:37 PM
Most rational, intelligent football fans know that we weren't handed this Superbowl win. Good/bad calls were made both ways. But the masses that are complaining are those that hate the Steelers and we could have been called for 10 penalties versus 0 for the Cards and they would still find something to gripe about.

Those 'haters' are so jealous of what the Steelers have and represent, that they don't think clearly. We will never get any credit in their eyes and I'm finally figuring that out. But, most of them are jerks anyway, so why even care.

All that matter is, WE'RE 6 TIMES SUPERBOWL CHAMPS and envied by all!!!!!!

:Cheers

I agree, the Steelers have 6 SB wins. There is nothing anyone can do about it.

Steeler Shades
02-02-2009, 02:41 PM
All that matter is, WE'RE 6 TIMES SUPERBOWL CHAMPS and envied by all!!!!!!I agree, the Steelers have 6 SB wins. There is nothing anyone can do about it.
:tt2 :Beer :tt2 :Beer :tt2 :Beer :tt2 :Beer :tt2 :Beer :tt2
:Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap
8)

mshifko
02-02-2009, 02:47 PM
the media is a joke...people hate the steelers, unless they look at us for who we are...

listen to colin cowherd...guy's been a huge big ben fan all season long, is slamming the people who are putting down the steelers...his whole show today was praising the steelers organization...i listen to him everyday and today was my favorite show he's ever had...the guy was telling it like it was

Oviedo
02-02-2009, 02:59 PM
the media is a joke...people hate the steelers, unless they look at us for who we are...

listen to colin cowherd...guy's been a huge big ben fan all season long, is slamming the people who are putting down the steelers...his whole show today was praising the steelers organization...i listen to him everyday and today was my favorite show he's ever had...the guy was telling it like it was

He has done a great job. Anyone who listens will know he is not a Steelers homer and calls it like it is. He is basically just telling everyone to shut up and quit whining because you are just jealous.

Do it again and make them whine even more.

back to the original question. No!!!! We will never get credit. Credit comes from the media for teams that makes their jobs easy and makes them feel importnat. What makes their job easy when most barely have more football knowledge than posters on this site:

1. Stats. Big stats are easy to write story lines about particularly offensive stats. We are defense first and that doesn't make for easy highlights on ESPN.
2. Controversy. Not us. The media wants controversy because again it gives them story lines they need to fill up their 24/7 coverage. We don't give them that and they can't "sell" the story on good, decent hard working football players and a conservative by the book ownership.
3. Access. We don't beg them to come and report about us. We don't invite ESPN into the draft room. We don't ask HBO to come to camp.

Bottom line is we don't make it easy for the media so they will never really understand us. It is human nature not to like or be comfortable with what you don't understand.

Bottomline: Screw them. More Super Bowl championships than any franchise in history and more coming.

About other fans: Just sore losers who want to be what we are. Envy is a sin.

Chachi
02-02-2009, 03:11 PM
I don't want praise.

I want rings.

Iron Shiek
02-02-2009, 03:38 PM

Dangit...I wish i didn't miss it. I will have to check out his podcast or whatever snippets of the show are on espn.com.

Ditka was on Mike and Mike and gave us some huge props.

And you guys are right as far as the mass media not blaming the refs (except for Bayless, but that doosh doesn't count).

ground-n-pound
02-02-2009, 04:27 PM
People who are discrediting our victory need to stop making excusses (refs, missed penilties, and reviews not done), and just realize thatthe cards killed themselves with penilities. Quit complaining and just give us our dues as the best team in the nfl.

feltdizz
02-02-2009, 04:44 PM
On ESPN's comment section it sounds like a bunch of babies crying over there...

I think this younger generation of fans were raised on the new premise of every little league team getting a trophy...

Although I like the challenge rule... it seems like before challenges fans didn't harp over one call.... now every call is the call that gives the game away.

I don't even remember bad calls from SB's before 2005.

I think it's just Steeler hate.

NC Steeler Fan
02-02-2009, 04:53 PM
First of all...

There is NO controversy regarding who won this game, period.

The fumble by warner at the end WAS reviewed. I too heard the
comment that a ref looked at it on the sidleline, indicated it didn't
need to go upstairs and the game was done.

Do NOT feed jealous people's rationale by defending ANYTHING.

They are going to harp on Harrison's behaviour on that one play, but it
did NOT decide the game...it was penalized appropriately.

I still want to hear the explanation from Harrison himself, but again, it
didn't affect the outcome of the game, even if he had been ejected as
some are calling for...you can't blame that on the cards loss...

brothervad
02-02-2009, 05:18 PM
Guys,

IMHO, all of this hate is total affirmation that the Steelers are at the top. Remember losers always play the hate card when teams are dominant
and at the top of their game.

The reason that Steelers were given love during the Cowher years was the very fact they were good but never good enough
to get over the top.

Once you become a great team...the hate begins from those who don't win.

IIRC there were plenty of folks who hated the 70's Steelers...you just didn't have the type of Media you have today
I mean the PI on Swann in XI (the trip) would've made a Skip Blayless go bonkers if it happened today.

So when I hear all of this BS I think you got to smile...because it means the Steelers are one of the best.

brothervad

Steelhere10
02-02-2009, 09:07 PM

listen to colin cowherdCowherd is the only media person i respect, because he tell it like it is. although he bashed the refs for the last SB win. :mrgreen:

snarky
02-02-2009, 09:27 PM
I think this younger generation of fans were raised on the new premise of every little league team getting a trophy...

There is a guy on the Ravens board who said the refs were 'obviously' biased because the penalty counts were not the same. W...T...H?

MaxAMillion
02-02-2009, 09:40 PM
Would you rather be a stains fan? No one hates them because they never win or contend for anything. The more you win, the more you see haters coming out of the woodwork. A lot of people rooted for the underdog Pats when they won their first Super Bowl. Now they are a hated team.

People get tired of seeing the same person or team win all the time. A lot of people root against Tiger Woods and he rarely wins anything. Same thing goes for the Red Sox. They were considered lovable losers and now their are a lot of people who are sick of them.

Best thing to do is accept the fact that winning breeds haters. It beats losing and being loved.

papillon
02-02-2009, 11:57 PM
Would you rather be a stains fan? No one hates them because they never win or contend for anything. The more you win, the more you see haters coming out of the woodwork. A lot of people rooted for the underdog Pats when they won their first Super Bowl. Now they are a hated team.

People get tired of seeing the same person or team win all the time. A lot of people root against Tiger Woods and he rarely wins anything. Same thing goes for the Red Sox. They were considered lovable losers and now their are a lot of people who are sick of them.

Best thing to do is accept the fact that winning breeds haters. It beats losing and being loved.

:wft I know you forgot the sarcasm smiley, right?

Pappy