PDA

View Full Version : FOOTE interested in finishing career in Detroit

SidSmythe
02-02-2009, 01:26 PM
According to Post-Gazette Steeler Notebook for today, Foote has one year left on his contract and would like to finish his career in Detroit.

I've been a FOOTE supporter and think he's done a great job BUT Timmons has far superior athletic ability. I'm not totally convinced Timmons can play the run in traffic, but he's getting better every play and I don't see him being a HUGE liability in Run Defense.

FOOTE for the Lions 6th round pick???

SteelerOfDeVille
02-02-2009, 01:27 PM
According to Post-Gazette Steeler Notebook for today, Foote has one year left on his contract and would like to finish his career in Detroit.

I've been a FOOTE supporter and think he's done a great job BUT Timmons has far superior athletic ability. I'm not totally convinced Timmons can play the run in traffic, but he's getting better every play and I don't see him being a HUGE liability in Run Defense.

whatever they'd give - even if it's some talcum powder for Tonio.... :tt2

Discipline of Steel
02-02-2009, 01:34 PM

The man has been solid for us for a number of years, no need to diss him. I like Larry Foote and if he wants to be closer to his pals, I say give the man what he wants. He deserves it. He now has a ring and he can probably continue to start in Detroit.

phillyesq
02-02-2009, 01:35 PM
I like Foote, and I believe that he is under contract next year. The rotation with Foote and Timmons seemed to work well. Foote is very solid against the run, and that kept Timmons fresh in passing situations.

If Foote's salary is going to be an issue and he won't restructure, then I'd rather trade him than release him. But I'd really prefer that Foote stay with the team.

pfelix73
02-02-2009, 01:37 PM
They don't trade Foote with 1 year left on his contract. They just won't re-sign him.

feltdizz
02-02-2009, 01:43 PM
They will release Foote.. we are pretty good about things like this when we have a young guy all ready in waiting.

I can't be mad at Foote wanting to end his career in Detroit. Probably was his favorite team as a kid and he wants to try to help them win a few games before he retires. He knows he is being replaced by Timmons....

I could see it also being a Detroit reporter just wanting Foote though.. I think they said a friend of Foote's said all this and not out of Foote's mouth directly

pfelix73
02-02-2009, 01:51 PM
Savran just remarked on ESPN radio that Foote is a FA.

They also screwed up on the vegas odds saying we're 10-1 odds to win next year when it was said earlier on ESPN we are 6-1 odds.

So, don't know who's right on Foote.

SteelerOfDeVille
02-02-2009, 01:57 PM

The man has been solid for us for a number of years, no need to diss him. I like Larry Foote and if he wants to be closer to his pals, I say give the man what he wants. He deserves it. He now has a ring and he can probably continue to start in Detroit.
No disrespect intended... simply to say, we've got a replacement and if you don't wanna be here, move on... and to be able to get rid of his cap hit (as a backup) would be worth giving him up for nothing.

TallyStiller
02-02-2009, 10:59 PM
Foote is the least athletic, worst tackling, slowest linebacker that has played in Pittsburgh in my memory. He is an adequate football player at best who needs to be on the bench so that Timmons can be on the field making plays. He's too expensive to be here as a backup and thus should be released at the earliest possible date.

Chadman
02-03-2009, 12:15 AM
Foote is the least athletic, worst tackling, slowest linebacker that has played in Pittsburgh in my memory. He is an adequate football player at best who needs to be on the bench so that Timmons can be on the field making plays. He's too expensive to be here as a backup and thus should be released at the earliest possible date.

Yet he's a guy with two (count them- TWO) Super Bowl rings & was a member of the #1 ranked defense in the NFL.

Give him some credit.

But the fact is, Timmons is READY to step in. Holding Timmons back any longer will only be a hinderance to his development.

Mike Humpal & Keyaron Fox can handle the back-up ILB duties.

Trade Foote & allow him to start for another team.

Good luck & thank you for your efforts.

BradshawsHairdresser
02-03-2009, 12:25 AM
He may want to play for the Lions, but are the Lions interested in him?

Djfan
02-03-2009, 03:38 AM

Can't imagine he would be too much of a downgrade to that mighty defense!

SidSmythe
02-03-2009, 10:47 AM

If i were in the Lions situation, i'd be interested in Sean Mahan

Discipline of Steel
02-03-2009, 12:40 PM
He has contributed, hes a Detroit guy, but most importantly, he can read the writing on the wall. Let him go.

NorCal-Steeler
02-03-2009, 12:44 PM
I think if Timmons was in there and not Foote that first TD would have been picked or denied.
that being said he was a solid team player i wish him luck.

RuthlessBurgher
02-03-2009, 02:51 PM
Trade Larry Foote, our #32 pick, and a second day draft pick to Detroit for the #20 pick they got from Dallas in the Roy Williams trade. None of the top LT prospects will last until the end of the 1st round, but we might still be able to get one at #20.

MeetJoeGreene
02-03-2009, 03:03 PM
Trade Larry Foote, our #32 pick, and a second day draft pick to Detroit for the #20 pick they got from Dallas in the Roy Williams trade. None of the top LT prospects will last until the end of the 1st round, but we might still be able to get one at #20.

If someone that we want is sitting at 20 and we haven't made a FA move, that might not be bad....